Armando shooting everyone down who thinks Tannehill is only as good as his team's W-L | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando shooting everyone down who thinks Tannehill is only as good as his team's W-L

That's not what he is doing. He is relying on what his eyes tell him about how Tannehill played last season. You and Shouright cling to statistics and trends and ignore reality.

Me: Shouright, Aswi Dooger, come in out of the rain!!!!

Shouright: It can't be raining, the statistics say so!!!!!

Aswi Dooger: When I am in Vegas, it never rains. I laughed at the bar stool guy who predicted rain. Last year I made a killing every time it didn't rain.

I just genuinely spat my coffee out. Brilliant.

That's not what he is doing. He is relying on what his eyes tell him about how Tannehill played last season. You and Shouright cling to statistics and trends and ignore reality.

Me: Shouright, Aswi Dooger, come in out of the rain!!!!

Shouright: It can't be raining, the statistics say so!!!!!

Aswi Dooger: When I am in Vegas, it never rains. I laughed at the bar stool guy who predicted rain. Last year I made a killing every time it didn't rain.

That is good parody!

IMO though, Shouright's main misuse of statistics was NOT using trends. He would use summary statistics to predict outcomes and attempt to use those statistics in a half-done correlation. He wouldn't bother to actually show the time based presentation that actually demonstrates a real trend. I tried to discuss methods, not results with him a few times without any positive result.

Back
Top Bottom