Armando shooting everyone down who thinks Tannehill is only as good as his team's W-L | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando shooting everyone down who thinks Tannehill is only as good as his team's W-L

I don't see any value in relying on exceptions. That's all Armando is doing here.

There is a high correlation between quarterback performance and team success, particularly in this era and when you use criteria like YPA and Adjusted YPA. If Tannehill improves in those areas, then we can be a playoff team, and not desperately clutching at the exceptions.

Shouright was the guy who used to post those threads regarding QB correlation. Oh, I almost forgot, we didn't like Shouright. Too much of his stuff soared.

That's not what he is doing. He is relying on what his eyes tell him about how Tannehill played last season. You and Shouright cling to statistics and trends and ignore reality.

Me: Shouright, Aswi Dooger, come in out of the rain!!!!

Shouright: It can't be raining, the statistics say so!!!!!

Aswi Dooger: When I am in Vegas, it never rains. I laughed at the bar stool guy who predicted rain. Last year I made a killing every time it didn't rain.

I don't see any value in relying on exceptions. That's all Armando is doing here.

There is a high correlation between quarterback performance and team success, particularly in this era and when you use criteria like YPA and Adjusted YPA. If Tannehill improves in those areas, then we can be a playoff team, and not desperately clutching at the exceptions.

Shouright was the guy who used to post those threads regarding QB correlation. Oh, I almost forgot, we didn't like Shouright. Too much of his stuff soared.
Problem is the league it littered with exceptions every year. That's why you see Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buttfumble and Brian Hoyer in the top ten of YPA and your Super Bowl champ at 21st.
Also, pretty sure the reason no one liked Shouright was because he was an arrogant, condescending ass who acted like a child when questioned.

Problem is the league it littered with exceptions every year. That's why you see Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buttfumble and Brian Hoyer in the top ten of YPA and your Super Bowl champ at 21st.
Also, pretty sure the reason no one liked Shouright was because he was an arrogant, condescending ass who acted like a child when questioned.
let's not act like many others don't act the same way. he was hated b/c he presented arguments which seemed to lean more anti-dolphin than not.

Anyone who thinks W/L is tied to the QB and not the team is a joke.

let's not act like many others don't act the same way. he was hated b/c he presented arguments which seemed to lean more anti-dolphin than not.
Lots of posters have anti-Dolphins arguments and aren't hated like him. his immaturity is what killed him here

That's not what he is doing. He is relying on what his eyes tell him about how Tannehill played last season. You and Shouright cling to statistics and trends and ignore reality.

Me: Shouright, Aswi Dooger, come in out of the rain!!!!

Shouright: It can't be raining, the statistics say so!!!!!

Aswi Dooger: When I am in Vegas, it never rains. I laughed at the bar stool guy who predicted rain. Last year I made a killing every time it didn't rain.

That was pretty ****ing funny...

Like we'll be seeing in a couple of years when lynch is no longer there and Seattle doesn't have the #1 defense in the league .

It's a Team sport.

Russel Wilson is the most overrated player in the league , but hey .... No need to argue now. Let's talk in a few years.

( same thing I said about Kaepernick )

Or do you mean there is a high correlation between team success and quarterback performance?

Merely suggesting that both benefit from success. Besides, there are components of the offense that will improve YPA other than the QB position.

You know, Tannehill's YPA the last 13 games of the season was solid. It's not something worth focusing on. The guy passed for just over 4,000 yards and 27 TD's. You can't possibly be suggesting that he is the primary reason the team failed to make the playoffs. I recall the defense leaving work early at half time for a quarter of those games, you know what I'm saying? You can ask Tannehill to become a top 5 QB to get that job done, but you're more likely to get the defense to hold teams late in games. Teams that do the latter are more likely to win superbowls than teams with top 5 QBs and soft defenses.

yea who would guess that presenting anti-dolphin arguments on a dolphins message board would get you some resentment?

let me walk into a synagogue and start preaching about jesus, then when questioned and debated I'll just go ahead and continue instigating fights with dismissive and unpurposed insults and rebuttals

shouright was a troll who got off to starting fights on the internet lol that sort of objective muddied his threads with as much biased as any dolphins homer on this site....me included

yea who would guess that presenting anti-dolphin arguments on a dolphins message board would get you some resentment?

let me walk into a synagogue and start preaching about jesus, then when questioned and debated I'll just go ahead and continue instigating fights with dismissive and unpurposed insults and rebuttals

shouright was a troll who got off to starting fights on the internet lol that sort of objective muddied his threads with as much biased as any dolphins homer on this site....me included

My issue with shouright was much simpler. He didn't understand statistics or football.

I think there is room for all types of posters, if everyone agreed would it be fun? I think we learn more when we have healthy debates(not the personal attack BS).

Shouright used statistics to push his narrative, which was dishonest on his part. He was shown time and time again where his logic was flawed, by people who worked as statisticians for their career, and he would just block them or ban them from a thread after he exploited some sort of loophole that allowed him to do that. If you proved him wrong, he plugged his ears and ignored you. That's intellectually dishonest on his part and those who are championing him are blinded by the fact that he used statistics in his (incorrect) analyses or enamored with his anti-Tannehill stance. The rest saw him for what he was.

Shouright used statistics to push his narrative, which was dishonest on his part. He was shown time and time again where his logic was flawed, by people who worked as statisticians for their career, and he would just block them or ban them from a thread after he exploited some sort of loophole that allowed him to do that. If you proved him wrong, he plugged his ears and ignored you. That's intellectually dishonest on his part and those who are championing him are blinded by the fact that he used statistics in his (incorrect) analyses or enamored with his anti-Tannehill stance. The rest saw him for what he was.

Bottom Line is he was a troll, knew he was parsing and manipulating numbers and that crap in results in crap out, but didn't care so long as he could get a rise out of real Fins fans. He was corrected a number of times by better statisticians than him and warned by the mods to cut the crap cuz of how transparent his trolling was. IMO he was given more than ample opportunity to change his ways, and in the end got just what he deserved. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

There's a joke in here about them all being Jets fans but I don't want to get banned.

Back
Top Bottom