Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But the problem comes in that the Tannenbaum hiring was a misguided measure at exactly the wrong time and manifested in exactly the worst possible way.

Think about this: The Dolphins just finished another 8-8 season because the coaching staff failed to get good talent to play consistently up to its potential. Anyone with eyes sees this.

This season came after Hickey did solid work against long odds in his first offseason as general manager.

So seeing a team good enough to stomp San Diego and New England early in the season but fading so badly late that it lost to the Jets, the owner decided talent was his team’s greatest failing.

Ross pulled the authority rug out from under Hickey weeks after rewarding Philbin with a bold endorsement — a proclamation, by the way, that came amid a losing skid.

Ross saw exactly the opposite of what most other people within and outside the Dolphins organization. He saw good coaching poorly served by substandard talent.

So to fix the problem Ross didn’t go on another general manager search whereby a handful of good men could decline his overtures — again. The owner simply added another layer of bureaucracy to his (dis)organization
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...do-salguero/article5524077.html#storylink=cpy

The talent is substandard is it not? Hickey couldn't replace the OL in one year so it still needs work. LBs are needed. A starting CB is needed. A big WR is needed.

The talent is certainly in need of an upgrade.

I am with armando mostly on this. I hate the forced working relationships. Either let Hickey and Philbin work this out or clean house and allow Tannenbaum the ability to create a unified organization.

Right now this is a cluster. However, over the next year the FO will finally become aligned to the HC (whom ever the next coach is) with the same vision of how to turn this franchise around.

The lack of a shared clear vision of how to win football games has kept the Dolphins from succeeding.

no one is going to want to work for this asshole, unless it's the coaching gig, then oooo boy do you have job security.

So is Marino still a "special advisor"? Is Mangini still around? Aponte? Too many chiefs in this jumbled front office.

I envy winning teams' owners and front offices. Good teams don't need all this extra garbage to win.

no one is going to want to work for this asshole, unless it's the coaching gig, then oooo boy do you have job security.

Welcome to the dark side my fin brother lol. People act like fans want to be negative of their team. Hell Im negative because the team has done little positive, I dont criticize my team because I have nothing better to do.
Imagine how funny Debbie Downer would be if she said bad things about things that are bad instead of coming out of nowhere to piss on something good. Yea the skit just isnt as funny.
If I see a bad movie I dont convince myself its better than it is.

Just ranting, but more fans on this board are feling the pain I feel and I dont think it makes them bad fans or so called Debbie Downers.

My other issue is, once again, Joe Philbin skates by after being the obvious issue for this team underachiveing. Smh.

My other issue is, once again, Joe Philbin skates by after being the obvious issue for this team underachiveing. Smh.

Ross is genius. You deflect on the keeping the bad coach you have by hiring an inept guy to run everything.
See people no longer are focusing on how bad our coach is, they see the bigger picture and see our owner is the bigger problem

Think about this: The Dolphins just finished another 8-8 season because the coaching staff failed to get good talent to play consistently up to its potential. Anyone with eyes sees this.

RJ Standford, Jordan Kovaks, Dallas Thomas, Jason Fox, Kelvin Sheppard, Jason Trusnik, etc. all forced into starting roles because of injury and it's on the coaches not being able to extract THEIR talent. :lol: Oh, that's good. I love our local "reporters".

Nominates Wildbill for Debbie Downer 2015

They retired that award because somehow I was a shoe in for constant criticism of a non winning team.
how dare I say we are not good, i mean obviously we have been good for the past 6 years and Im just a whiner lol

So is Marino still a "special advisor"? Is Mangini still around? Aponte? Too many chiefs in this jumbled front office.

I envy winning teams' owners and front offices. Good teams don't need all this extra garbage to win.

Actually go look at Seattle structure.

RJ Standford, Jordan Kovaks, Dallas Thomas, Jason Fox, Kelvin Sheppard, Jason Trusnik, etc. all forced into starting roles because of injury and it's on the coaches not being able to extract THEIR talent. :lol: Oh, that's good. I love our local "reporters".

So we couldnt sign or draft better players.
Nobody forced us to sign Jason Fox who is always injured and never has been good.
If we had drafted better and not wasted two picks to get a special teams player in Dion Jordan maybe we have more depth.
Baltimore somehow was able to overcome their injuries.
Nobody held a gun to our head and said over pay worthless Ellerbee or Wheeler

Ross is genius. You deflect on the keeping the bad coach you have by hiring an inept guy to run everything.
See people no longer are focusing on how bad our coach is, they see the bigger picture and see our owner is the bigger problem

No. I think a situation might actually be fostered in a year or so that when people that respect each other like Tannenbaum, Higgins, Aponte and a new HC that has a shared vision is hired something positive might happen.

Right now it is another forced marriage…will not work. However, I could see Tannenbaum become GM. I could see him stay in such a role and allow a big name coach to come on board and pick his own GM. Lots of good things can eventually come from this…the problem now is too many chiefs in the teepee.

Back
Top Bottom