Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed

Now here's a twist in the story I can hope for. Getting Philbin out is all I care for at this point. Ross giving the keys over to Mike was the best thing he could have done!
Philbin doesn't report to Tannenbaum. He reports only to Ross. The idea that Tannenbaum was brought in to fire Philbin has no basis. You guys are reaching.

Philbin doesn't report to Tannenbaum. He reports only to Ross. The idea that Tannenbaum was brought in to fire Philbin has no basis. You guys are reaching.

You're like stretch armstrong reaching with your hickey post in another thread. How ironic you're calling dudes out for the same thing

I'm aware that Philbin reports to Ross which I believe is just because that's what Ross initially agreed to Philbin when he took the job, however I'm fully aware that Ross is running a **** show and would I put it past him to break that agreement with the hire of Tannenbaum to take care of his dirty laundry? Not at all, so I will continue to stay hopeful that this is a possible scenario that Philbin gets kicked to the curb! Can I not dream!?

I'm aware that Philbin reports to Ross which I believe is just because that's what Ross initially agreed to Philbin when he took the job, however I'm fully aware that Ross is running a **** show and would I put it past him to break that agreement with the hire of Tannenbaum to take care of his dirty laundry? Not at all, so I will continue to stay hopeful that this is a possible scenario that Philbin gets kicked to the curb! Can I not dream!?
Dream on, brother. Don't let me stop you. These are dark days. I don't see it happening, but I'd be glad to be wrong.

A coach reporting to an owner is not unusual. Don't look in to that to much.

Yea because Billy Tuirner did so much for the line. We didnt need a receiver yet we drafted a receiver but you conveniently forget that.

Turner dealing turf toe for the majority of the season still did not negate our need for an offensive lineman. That said, I'm ready for you to somehow claim we should be able to foresee such injuries that have never before occurred with a player. I wouldn't have an answer, I'm just expecting this to follow in line with your way of thinking here.

Speaking of injuries, you are the one conveniently forgetting our need for a WR before the '14 season. In '13 Gibson went down mid-season with a knee injury and Hartline left the game in week 17, also with a knee injury. Therefore, WR was a need.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not the injuries its the personnel decisions made and we rolled with when we had them and stuck with even in game when they were killing us...i can understand having other more pressing needs than mike in the draft and/or the draft value not being there when you would have taken one but to stick with the wheelers and the dallas thomas and to think trusnick as the depth mike is a solid option and to have 3 weeks and still end up with rj stanford in a win or go home balt game as your starter just reeks of plain and simple incompetence

not to mention dion jordan all 275 plus of him looking sluggish and bloated carrying around that weight when they should have said in the preseason off his tape de is over drop weight now and when you come back from suspension we will work you at lb so at the end of the year you dont look like a deer in headlights out there in levon kirklands body...

i'm at the point where i feel these guys cant evaluate or make correct personnel decisions to save their lives....billy turners inactive while dallas thomas butchers right tackle...only reason he was active week 17 is cause thomas was hurt...

its the gms job to get you the personnel that fit its the coaches job to make the correct decisions with those personnel and evaluate their play...and these coaches have failed us...i just wish i knew who's heads to cut off for those personnel decisions cause i'd ice em today if i did

be it the dc be it the oline coach be it the hc be it the lb coach be it the oc...whoever has final say in the personnel that killed our season would be axed...miami had options they just failed to explore/develop them and they never could see the writing on the wall with status quo

Only Ross can effectively demote Hickey, the only one in the organization worth a **** and have him report to/promote an inept failed bean counter who couldn't get a GM job and became an agent... and enable Philbin by making him responsible to him. What a ****ing dark day for this organization... Does anyone realize that Hickey now has to have the asshole who drafted Gholston and DuCasse and traded a 4th for Tebow sign off on his drafts and FA signings? This is bad folks.. very ****ing bad.

I don't agree with Armando's negative views on this entirely at all.

Positives:

1) I would rather a football man decide on Dolphins football issues - mainly to evaluate the performance on the HC and GM - rather than Ross himself. So for this I'm happy.
2) It's likely that Philbin has in written into his contract (1 yr left) that he reports to Ross. So it was probably impossible to have Philbin report to Tannebaum even if it's what Ross wants.
3) Hickey has done a decent job as GM in bringing talent via FA and Draft - but he may just be a great scout which does not necessarily translate to competency in all aspects of GM/Football Operations position.
4) I think that next year it's fully Tannebaum's call to a) extend Philbin's contract or b) hire a new coach and that whoever the HC is - will report to him.
5) Tannebaum will essentially fill Parcell's old role within the organization as Football Czar reporting to Ross - no issues with this structure at all.
6) Tannebaum has been working as consultant to Ross with Dolphins and interacting with Philbin and Hickey - Ross should have and would have evaluated the dynamics of those relationships and concluded that things were positive before making this move (again I can only assume this for an intelligent billionaire).
7) If you look at this objectively Tannebaum enjoyed more success with Jets (2 divisional championships) than anyone within the current Dolphins organization.

Negatives:

1) If Ross intended to hire a true football Czar to replace the Parcell's organizational structure model he could have probably (definitely) come up with a better name than Tannebaum to head it up and create more excitement and confidence for the fans.
2) It move suggests a hint of uncertainty heading into 2016 (not 2015) - if things don't go well it's obvious Tannebaum will bring in his own people (which is what Ross would have done anyway).

So frankly I don't see the doom and gloom that so many of us Fins fans are afflicted with. The NFL is an old boy's club and you've got to be connected to land a job like this. Look at who Ross has surrounded himself with and you can connect the dots - Higgins, Aponte, now Tannebaum - all former Jets who worked together and feel comfortable working together. The bottom line will be as always - how many wins! As it should be. Lets let free agency and the draft play out before we start to declare next season a disaster.

its not the injuries its the personnel decisions made and we rolled with when we had them and stuck with even in game when they were killing us...i can understand having other more pressing needs than mike in the draft and/or the draft value not being there when you would have taken one but to stick with the wheelers and the dallas thomas and to think trusnick as the depth mike is a solid option and to have 3 weeks and still end up with rj stanford in a win or go home balt game as your starter just reeks of plain and simple incompetence

not to mention dion jordan all 275 plus of him looking sluggish and bloated carrying around that weight when they should have said in the preseason off his tape de is over drop weight now and when you come back from suspension we will work you at lb so at the end of the year you dont look like a deer in headlights out there in levon kirklands body...

i'm at the point where i feel these guys cant evaluate or make correct personnel decisions to save their lives....billy turners inactive while dallas thomas butchers right tackle...only reason he was active week 17 is cause thomas was hurt...

its the gms job to get you the personnel that fit its the coaches job to make the correct decisions with those personnel and evaluate their play...and these coaches have failed us...i just wish i knew who's heads to cut off for those personnel decisions cause i'd ice em today if i did

be it the dc be it the oline coach be it the hc be it the lb coach be it the oc...whoever has final say in the personnel that killed our season would be axed...miami had options they just failed to explore/develop them and they never could see the writing on the wall with status quo
kirkland - lol! You pulled that one out of your backside - nice!

I would have to think if/when the staff asked Jordan to put on weight, it wasn't their intention for him to take steroids and then go on to develop an addiction that required treatment which I'm sure added to his balloon like look. :idk:

I would have to think if/when the staff asked Jordan to put on weight, it wasn't their intention for him to take steroids and then go on to develop an addiction that required treatment which I'm sure added to his balloon like look. :idk:

I do laugh at people that imply the team was the reason that Jordan is a loser that got suspended twice in one year.\
Im not sure hoops implied that though. Never saw the fascination with Jordan hated the pick and wish we could ship his worthless azz out of here along with Wallace

Nobody knows how these men get along. It's not like Tannenbaum was brought in out of the blue, he had been working with Joe and Dennis in a part role all season, they are all familiar with one another. Joe still reports to Ross, Dennis still gets final say over the roster and draft. In a offseason lacking drama because the head coach was endorsed early, it's just Armando raising panic to sell some newspapers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom