Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed

No. I think a situation might actually be fostered in a year or so that when people that respect each other like Tannenbaum, Higgins, Aponte and a new HC that has a shared vision is hired something positive might happen.

Right now it is another forced marriage…will not work. However, I could see Tannenbaum become GM. I could see him stay in such a role and allow a big name coach to come on board and pick his own GM. Lots of good things can eventually come from this…the problem now is too many chiefs in the teepee.

Tannebaum is already higher than the GM . Not sure how promoting a guy to this position that has done nothing to deserve it makes us better.
Maybe Ross should have gave Caserio the friggin power to fire the coach and maybe we are on an actual path instead of a dreadful circle of ineptitude.

I mean seriously this is the best this idiot could hire, of all the people in footballl andwith all his money, this is the best guy for the job lol.

I thought the article on nfl network said hickey would still have total control over the scouting and personnel decsions.

I thought the article on nfl network said hickey would still have total control over the scouting and personnel decsions.

Article said hickey will answer to Tannebaum, doesnt sound like total control to me.
If thats the case why hire Tannebaum in the role he did.
They say philbin will answer to Ross .

Stupid structure all the way.

To be honest none of this would be a big deal if they were winning and in the playoffs. Since they don't, it looks like chaos. And it probably is chaos.

Tannebaum is the new gm Hickey is out and Tannebaum will select the next coach, Ross is out of football operations, looks right to me.
Ross did a hell of a job.

So we couldnt sign or draft better players.
Nobody forced us to sign Jason Fox who is always injured and never has been good.
If we had drafted better and not wasted two picks to get a special teams player in Dion Jordan maybe we have more depth.
Baltimore somehow was able to overcome their injuries.
Nobody held a gun to our head and said over pay worthless Ellerbee or Wheeler
I have no doubt that the Ellerbe, Wheeler and Jordan decisions are part of the reason Jeff Ireland is no longer GM. Ellerbe and Wheeler were guaranteed so much that it wasn't practical to absorb the massive financial dead cap hit. However, both are likely future ex-Dolphins.
Hickey and Philbin inherited a linebacking mess thanks to Jeff Ireland, but the good news is that Jelani Jenkins stepped up when given the opportunity and was the teams leading tackler.

RJ Standford, Jordan Kovaks, Dallas Thomas, Jason Fox, Kelvin Sheppard, Jason Trusnik, etc. all forced into starting roles because of injury and it's on the coaches not being able to extract THEIR talent. :lol: Oh, that's good. I love our local "reporters".
So Philbin gets a pass in your book because of injuries even though injuries happen to every team. Okay.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

They retired that award because somehow I was a shoe in for constant criticism of a non winning team.
how dare I say we are not good, i mean obviously we have been good for the past 6 years and Im just a whiner lol
Shows you how many are under some type of Dolphins Zombie trance. :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Article said hickey will answer to Tannebaum, doesnt sound like total control to me.
If thats the case why hire Tannebaum in the role he did.
They say philbin will answer to Ross .

Stupid structure all the way.
Tannenbaum did such a great job with that Jests roster though.

:bobdole:

So we couldnt sign or draft better players.
Nobody forced us to sign Jason Fox who is always injured and never has been good.
If we had drafted better and not wasted two picks to get a special teams player in Dion Jordan maybe we have more depth.
Baltimore somehow was able to overcome their injuries.
Nobody held a gun to our head and said over pay worthless Ellerbee or Wheeler

So Ireland is still on staff? Oh, that's right, we're only one year removed from his mess and have a completely different FO. Whew, you had me going there for a.... nah, you didn't.

So Philbin gets a pass in your book because of injuries even though injuries happen to every team.

I was just pointing out that Mando had referred to them as "good" talent. But you're welcome to spin it in any negative way you like.

I have no doubt that the Ellerbe, Wheeler and Jordan decisions are part of the reason Jeff Ireland is no longer GM. Ellerbe and Wheeler were guaranteed so much that it wasn't practical to absorb the massive financial dead cap hit. However, both are likely future ex-Dolphins.
Hickey and Philbin inherited a linebacking mess thanks to Jeff Ireland, but the good news is that Jelani Jenkins stepped up when given the opportunity and was the teams leading tackler.

Well supposedly Philbin was on board with trading a second round pick to get special teamer dion Jordan.
Im sure one of those picks could have made our linbacking corp better.
nobody put a gun to Hickey's head and said take Turner over Borland or another linebacker.Could have moved up a couple of spots for Mosely , price would not have been that high.
we could have used our picks we traded to move up for Billy Turner plus maybe another future mid pick.
We had cap money and did not try to upgrade the MLB spot this season.
Most of the blame is on ireland but Hickey and company do have some blame

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

So Ireland is still on staff? Oh, that's right, we're only one year removed from his mess and have a completely different FO. Whew, you had me going there for a.... nah, you didn't.

I was just pointing out that Mando had referred to them as "good" talent. But you're welcome to spin it in any negative way you like.

hickey could have drafted a linebacker or signed a linebacker in free agency its not like he was forced to roll with those players.
He is forced to a degree but he could have spent his money wiser rather than signing a third DT to starter money or signing jason Fox.

Tannebaum is the new gm Hickey is out and Tannebaum will select the next coach, Ross is out of football operations, looks right to me.
Ross did a hell of a job.

I think this is eventually what will happen.

Well supposedly Philbin was on board with trading a second round pick to get special teamer dion Jordan.
Im sure one of those picks could have made our linbacking corp better.
nobody put a gun to Hickey's head and said take Turner over Borland or another linebacker.Could have moved up a couple of spots for Mosely , price would not have been that high.
we could have used our picks we traded to move up for Billy Turner plus maybe another future mid pick.
We had cap money and did not try to upgrade the MLB spot this season.
Most of the blame is on ireland but Hickey and company do have some blame

So with Ellerbe and Wheeler destined to be on the team in 2014 regardless b/c of Ireland, you suggest we draft another LB anyways despite one season removed from the worst OL in our franchise history and place this blame also on Hickey...

Hold on. BRB. I need a kleenex for my tears of laughter.

What a bunch of BS. This is not an indictment of Hickey or the talent on the roster. This is Ross making a correction on his own involvement, or should I say a lack of involvement. This is another repercussion of bully-gate where Ross took his share of the blame for being an absentee owner. These guys have all been working together for the past 6 months now, I would suspect nobody in house has any issue with this move and Hickey isn't at home crying in his shower. This is mostly about having somebody in the office available to make football decisions and oversee things full time. Thats it.

Back
Top Bottom