Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Tannenbaum move ill conceived, poorly timed

Ross' friends keep messing things up. What's next, Carl Peterson as the super special executive president of football operations?

After reading all the crap here in this thread tonight, it will be hilarious to bump it if we go deep into the playoffs next year. All of you high and mighty predictors on this forum make me laugh. Most of you would have a better handle on what's going on with General Hospital than Miami Dolphins football.

I think the odds are good that we will go deep into the playoffs next year. Link bookmarked for January of next year so I can throw it back at your ignorant, whiny faces :) My, what a wonderful lesson that will be for you all.

After reading all the crap here in this thread tonight, it will be hilarious to bump it if we go deep into the playoffs next year. All of you high and mighty predictors on this forum make me laugh. Most of you would have a better handle on what's going on with General Hospital than Miami Dolphins football.

I think the odds are good that we will go deep into the playoffs next year. Link bookmarked for January of next year so I can throw it back at your ignorant, whiny faces :) My, what a wonderful lesson that will be for you all.

Anything is possible and yet its quite possible that we dont. Of course we could make playoffs and people could be like I told you so and then we go six more seasons without making playoffs.
The world is full of possibilities. Not sure how fans complaining about a hire for a team that hasnt won in six years are somehow whiny.

we'll make a deep playoff run if we get good 2 cb's, a s, 2 lb's, 1 dt, 2 g's, and upgrades at wr, te. how people dont think this team needs a major talent infusion is really hilarious. and even with that talent upgrade we probably have the most irrelevant, no expertise at anything but picking up garbage head coach in the nfl. yeah we'll make a deep playoff run next yr....

Meanwhile, Dan ****ING Snyder hires a guy who is credited with stockpiling talent in SF to be his GM...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ins-general-manager?campaign=Facebook_atn_orr

It's real bad when even Snyder seems to be doing things half competently while our owner is flinging feces around...

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

So Ireland is still on staff? Oh, that's right, we're only one year removed from his mess and have a completely different FO. Whew, you had me going there for a.... nah, you didn't.

I was just pointing out that Mando had referred to them as "good" talent. But you're welcome to spin it in any negative way you like.

If Tannenbaum ever gets his hands on talent acquisition duties you will be LONGING for the days of Irish...

Ross is dumb as **** when it comes to football.

**** yeah. Philbin ****s the bed, Hickey does a solid job. uhhhh Philbin reports to me and Hickey I brought in a guy to **** with you. solid bro

jock-sniffing ****tard

So with Ellerbe and Wheeler destined to be on the team in 2014 regardless b/c of Ireland, you suggest we draft another LB anyways despite one season removed from the worst OL in our franchise history and place this blame also on Hickey...

Hold on. BRB. I need a kleenex for my tears of laughter.

Yea because Billy Tuirner did so much for the line. We didnt need a receiver yet we drafted a receiver but you conveniently forget that.
i place some blame on hickey, he ran free agency and felt third DT was more important than a decent guard or a LB.

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Meanwhile, Dan ****ING Snyder hires a guy who is credited with stockpiling talent in SF to be his GM...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ins-general-manager?campaign=Facebook_atn_orr

It's real bad when even Snyder seems to be doing things half competently while our owner is flinging feces around...

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

If Tannenbaum ever gets his hands on talent acquisition duties you will be LONGING for the days of Irish...

Well Since Hickey answers to him Im sure he is not just collecting a check. Anyone that thinks he has no say is not paying attention.
Hickey still runs the show but it goes through Tannebaum

Well Since Hickey answers to him Im sure he is not just collecting a check. Anyone that thinks he has no say is not paying attention.
Hickey still runs the show but it goes through Tannebaum

[/QUOTE] Because Tannebuam did such a great job in NYC..........:rolleyes2: We are truly doomed.

Because Tannebuam did such a great job in NYC..........:rolleyes2: We are truly doomed.[/QUOTE]

Only ross hires a failed GM to be his VP of football operations.
Parcells failed but at least he had accomplished something

Other than the stadium, talent level is the primary issue with this team. When you lack truly great players to tilt decisive plays and swipe games, it's guaranteed that the moderately talented hard trying types will be exposed when you can least afford it.

At the end of the season our defense in particular always looks baffled and worn out, unless the opponent is pathetic. That won't happen once the ability level is legitimately high, and not lots of guys who like to flail their arms in self enthrallment and rush the quarterback in bully situations.

I also have no idea how Philbin can be described as underachieving when he goes over the season win total once again. Our YPPA Differential was -.4. Just 8 teams were worse than that and they all had losing seasons. Only Arizona with a negative net had a winning record, and San Francisco joined us at 8-8. It is true that Carolina finished -.2 and is still alive, despite winning only 7 games during the regular season.

We won't find that vital high YPPA Differential minus legitimate star players. I don't know if Tannebaum is the answer. Take a swing. Hickey really didn't threaten to find star players any more than Ireland did. I don't know how anybody can draft Tripp or Lynch with a serious expectation that wow, this guy might tear up the league. Overachieving role players do nothing to improve our lot.

I sometimes get the impression that it's actually harder to get out of the Miami organisation than it is to get in.

This article highlights Ross' failure really well. He has no idea what he's looking at when he looks at this team. Up is down, left is right. Philbin deserves endorsement, Hickey needs to be undercut. When the person in charge rewards failure and punishes competence your team is profoundly ****ed. Hickey's gotten a raw deal. Ross not only ****ed him over, but in doing so ****ed over the team.

Maybe the hiring of Tannenbaum gives Ross an out to get rid of Joe. Rex is still looking around.

Maybe the hiring of Tannenbaum gives Ross an out to get rid of Joe. Rex is still looking around.

Now here's a twist in the story I can hope for. Getting Philbin out is all I care for at this point. Ross giving the keys over to Mike was the best thing he could have done!

Back
Top Bottom