Armando: Vibe is that Wallace is the target and Jennings is the fallback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Vibe is that Wallace is the target and Jennings is the fallback

I think we make that long awaited splash and acquire both.

Makes sense... if Bowe resigns with KC... get ready for all hell to break loose with the WR market

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

plus KC has the cash and the coach who likes offense to BLOW UP Bowe's deal and screw with everything

Sign both, draft Tyler Eifert, sign Anthony Spencer at DE, let Randy Starks walk and move Jared Odrick inside, sign Charles Woodson to play safety alongside Reshad Jones, draft a corner in top 3 rounds, get to the Super Bowl. Not that complicated. :brewskis:

i can see that burning us though is wallace goes for bigger money elsewhere, and jennigs is butt hurt that he wasn't priority number one i could see us losing out on both. if they are going after wallace they better back up the brinks truck.

Risky.

There wont be lack of suiters for Wallace. The Browns have more cap space than we do and have a coach willing to throw it down field. As well, dont underestimate a players desire to screw the team that (supposedly) screwed him. More money and a chance to blow up his former team twice a year might be to much for Wallace to resist. And lets make no mistakes, when it comes to big name free agents you only get 1 shot. The team they choose to visit first almost always lands them. Jennings could easily feel slighted by this move and go to a team that considers him their first choice. Like Minnesota.

As is so often the case in the NFL, hedging your bets can backfire.

I think we should play it like were going after both, that way neither gets butthurt. Even though we only want Wallace.

Gosh this feels like one of those Scenarios were Miami is left with eggs on their faces. We get neither player!

The thing to keep in mind is this front office's tendency to balk at big numbers.

In off seasons past there have been guys they "like" and even ones they've made offers to, but the negotiations went nowhere because we weren't willing to offer market price.

So if you're telling me that Mike Wallace is first choice and Greg Jennings is the backup plan, I'm going to tell you that Greg Jennings is probably still the most likely guy they'll add...because this is not a front office you can trust to "get their man".

Sign both, draft Tyler Eifert, sign Anthony Spencer at DE, let Randy Starks walk and move Jared Odrick inside, sign Charles Woodson to play safety alongside Reshad Jones, draft a corner in top 3 rounds, get to the Super Bowl. Not that complicated. :brewskis:

And who plays right tackleeeee?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The thing to keep in mind is this front office's tendency to balk at big numbers.

In off seasons past there have been guys they "like" and even ones they've made offers to, but the negotiations went nowhere because we weren't willing to offer market price.

So if you're telling me that Mike Wallace is first choice and Greg Jennings is the backup plan, I'm going to tell you that Greg Jennings is probably still the most likely guy they'll add...because this is not a front office you can trust to "get their man".

Sadly this has been the tendency years past! If they don't get Wallace I personally think its because they don't view him as that "complete" upgrade at the receiver position. Basically a guy like Jennings that can do it all. Let's not fret Wallace has some clear deficiencies and honestly IMO is more of a Luxury type of receiver than a all-in-one kinda guy. He honestly reminds me of a better version of Tedd Ginn at that position..

Back
Top Bottom