Armando: Vibe is that Wallace is the target and Jennings is the fallback | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Vibe is that Wallace is the target and Jennings is the fallback

Currently we have ZERO talent at Wr. Go after both, draft best o line available Or sign a guard to replace fat **** John Jerry. The defense is okay, above average playoff caliber. The offense is a joke.

Not true bro. Davone Bess is arguably what? top 5 slot receiver in the league? Hartline is a free agent, and while he will command more money than what he's worth...achieving 1000 yards in the NFL means you can legitimately play.

We need to become more dynamic and score more points, yes. But to say we had or have zero talent at WR is untrue.

I see us getting our money's worth from Jennings if he can stay healthy (like any player in the NFL). But Wallace on the other hand, I see him used more as a decoy and with an occusional deep ball attempt towards him. Jennings would definitely contribute to the team more. Runs better routes than wallace and has overall better hands, and Jennings can still go deep. Some of yall are worried about us signing Jennings cause of his age, if we do sign Jennings then I definitely expect Miami to also draft a WR early in the draft (between round 1-3) and possibly a TE as well. So dont fret about Tannehill not growing with a WR, that will come but in the mean time, you need to bring in a guy like Jennings would could contribute right away. I just dont see Wallace being that guy. I like Wallace but only in the right system, I dont consider him a true #1 and he's going to get over paid by some team, hope its not us cause I just dont think he fits

Let Long , Starks,and Bush walk, then sign Wallace and Levitre...
Round 1 trade down to the early 20´s, get Tyler Eifert
Round 2a. Desmond Trufant CB
Round 2b. Eddie Lacy RB
Round 2c Steadman Bayley Wr
Round 3a. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine DE
Round 3b Justin Pugh T
Round 4 Kiko Alonso ILB
Round 5 EJ Manuel QB

by the time the draft rolls around that may be asking for a bit much as I think everybody you have there after Eifert is gonna shoot up draft boards (maybe not Manuel)

As for signing free agents, you have to get them into Miami. There have been free agents we've been interested in (long before Ireland as well) that were interested in Miami but never left their first visit. If Mike Wallace visits Cleveland first and doesn't leave it's kind of hard to blame that on Ireland. If we're gonna pay top dollar as well, hopefully we invest wisely.

lol maybe 7-9 is now considered a winner

I'm just saying, what's the evidence that Jeff Ireland has "learned" X or Y lessons, and/or has changed what he values, what he'll do, etc?

It strikes me as just classic projection. Maybe you've learned that lesson, and so you assume Jeff Ireland has learned it...but that's not necessarily a great assumption.

I think I often see an argument that Jeff Ireland has learned to depart from the Bill Parcells way of doing things. I usually see problems with that argument. Ryan Tannehill is not an example of learning to depart from the Bill Parcells way. Bill Parcells himself would've made the necessary SLIGHT exception to his rule about having 30 starts (Tannehill had like 25 or something like that), based on the fact that all of Tannehill's work came in Mike Sherman's offense and now Mike Sherman is your offensive coordinator. That's like saying as a rule you like brunettes but maybe you've abandoned that rule because Kate Upton hit on you at a bar and you decided to take the opportunity. But when Kate Upton leaves town, you're probably back to brunettes in your range.

I think I often see an argument that Jeff Ireland has learned to depart from the Bill Parcells way of doing things. I usually see problems with that argument. Ryan Tannehill is not an example of learning to depart from the Bill Parcells way. Bill Parcells himself would've made the necessary SLIGHT exception to his rule about having 30 starts (Tannehill had like 25 or something like that), based on the fact that all of Tannehill's work came in Mike Sherman's offense and now Mike Sherman is your offensive coordinator. That's like saying as a rule you like brunettes but maybe you've abandoned that rule because Kate Upton hit on you at a bar and you decided to take the opportunity. But when Kate Upton leaves town, you're probably back to brunettes in your range.

Or you become a Kate-Upton stalker.

I'd feel very uneasy about spending big bucks on Wallace. I'd be more uneasy about spending big money on Jennings, but there's a greater chance Jennings will fall into the can-live-with-it price range. Pay a little to upgrade Hartline's spot - BIG upgrade too (assuming he stays healthy). That makes sense. I'm worried that Ireland will look for quick fixes, but I hope he understands that he's going to have to nut-up and find some offensive talent in the draft. Hoping he doesn't blow it.

I'm just saying, what's the evidence that Jeff Ireland has "learned" X or Y lessons, and/or has changed what he values, what he'll do, etc?

It strikes me as just classic projection. Maybe you've learned that lesson, and so you assume Jeff Ireland has learned it...but that's not necessarily a great assumption.

It's worse than HORRIBLE if he hasn't learned from the last 5 years! lol -- we're talking horror-movie level football life now, lol. Like all Miami Dolphin fans are chained in hell with the devil wearing an Ireland mask and laughing fiendishly, lol.

LD

LD

Back
Top Bottom