Armando: Vibe is that Wallace is the target and Jennings is the fallback | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Vibe is that Wallace is the target and Jennings is the fallback

Im one of the biggest Mike Wallace supporters on the forums and I have to say that's a pretty foolish statement. Greg Jennings is more of a traditional #1 WR than Mike Wallace. As I heard someone say the other days, " he's a "surgeon" and one of those guys that can create separation on CBs in a variety of ways. He would be perfect for our WC style of offense and would surely be a upgrade over Hartline/Bess.

Mike Wallace is a completely different WR. I'm not so certain he can't be a #1 WR and I definitely don't by that he's a head case. He would add a whole different dynamic to this offense. Man want Ireland to try and hit on a unproven rookie to be that deep threat WR, not me.

Wallace is a 26 year old franchise WR. Greg Jennings is a injury prone stop gap with potential if he stays healthy. I think the difference in numbers is going to be real minor. We will need to pay top dollar and should for Wallace.

I want Mike Wallace real bad, but would not be upset with Jennings. Wallace and Patterson would be insane.
After reading your post I'm not sure where you're disagreeing with me. You said: "Greg Jennings is an injury prone stop gap with with potential if he stays healthy." I said if all we did was get Jennings I wouldn't feel we addressed the need.

If I am going to spend big money in FA then if its not Wallace then I move onto another position where you can find a healthy hopefully young player and then shoot for the draft. So if it is not Wallace then I look for the elite TE if there is one, then offensive tackle, then defensive end, then cornerback. If we sign for 4-5 of our own free agents then if leaves us one really strong move in free agency.

The only big fish he ever really reeled in during free agency was Karlos Dansby though. Kudos to him for managing to get him but otherwise there seem to be a lot of cases where they are interested in guys that are big fish in free agency, but the Dolphins never seem to offer enough money to get them. Ryan Clark left the table seething mad at them for whatever reason. Matt Flynn was low balled. They were interested in Eric Winston but balked at the amount of money he wanted. They were interested in DeAngelo Williams but balked at the money he wanted. They couldn't reel in Peyton Manning. They went fairly hard after Antrel Rolle and couldn't get him because they backed off the money he was set to get. They went hard after Calvin Pace who was a top free agent back in 2008, and they couldn't reel him in.

I'm just saying the history is not necessarily there of them taking a hard run at a guy that is amongst the most coveted free agents out there, and actually securing him. So even if it's TRUE that Mike Wallace is their preference and Greg Jennings their backup plan, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jennings is still more likely than Wallace.

yeah, i see jennings as well. Wallace wont fit "the makeup". I see him coming in and we tell him he is worth this and he will scram to cleveland and Jennings will be down the road at a hotel with Philbin.

those guys together last season had 11 Td's between them, the dolphins are in a real good posistion because they have cap room to do whatever want but lets not forget that they want to build the team not rebuild, they will add what they need so that they still can be competitive for other FA's who care if Jennings feelings is hurt, go back to GreenBay who don't want to pay him either.

They need a receiver to complement Hartline and most likely they will have to get him out of the draft and they will pay less money.

This team need a guy who can run past people, and Jennings can't do that. They still would have to go and find a receiver in the draft.

Wallace is a restricted free agent so if he's going to get paid by last year production I have an magical elf that i want to sell you.

Wallace is a restricted free agent so if he's going to get paid by last year production I have an magical elf that i want to sell you.

He isnt a restricted free agent.

I think Ireland hasn't learned that to build a winner it's ok to overpay at one or two positions. You can make up that cap space with good decisions elsewhere...insisting on 'a good deal' in every case will basically shut you out of most top-tier, high-impact free agents, b/c the more suitors there are, the more likely that at least one team will 'overpay'. It's like your cheap friend who is frugal on everything so he can buy a home/start a family but ends up losing his bride b/c he insists on a bare bones wedding.

Based on what?

my opinion on this changes almost as often as the wind changes direction. but given the players particular skill set, signing Wallace to serve as split end given his ability to stretch the field is whats most important imo. with our 1st rd pick we compliment the speed with size in Patterson's 6-4 210 lb frame. extremely raw, hopefully Patterson can turn into the big bodied jack of all trades we've desperately needed. allowing Bess to assume the flanker position (ie Hines Ward) would help his production, matching up well v nickle corners and safeties...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let Long , Starks,and Bush walk, then sign Wallace and Levitre...
Round 1 trade down to the early 20´s, get Tyler Eifert
Round 2a. Desmond Trufant CB
Round 2b. Eddie Lacy RB
Round 2c Steadman Bayley Wr
Round 3a. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine DE
Round 3b Justin Pugh T
Round 4 Kiko Alonso ILB
Round 5 EJ Manuel QB

That might be the best mock i've seen...not sure it's realistic tho. But NO WAY IN HELL do i want EJ Manuel anywhere near this team. That guy is God awful

Would be a sexy team BUT what about protecting Tannehill! We would be very identical to the Bears besides we dont have a defense like them.

Hypothetically if this were to happen, you could draft 2 corners and draft 2 offensive lineman with our top 5 picks, all in the first 3 rounds. Just make sure those guys aren't "projects" and are capable of being plugged in right away.

Back
Top Bottom