Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't)

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article53964610.html

(More from Beasley http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article53886875.html )

Great article. From day 1 I wanted Gase, many of you dont believe - armando hates the hire as well, but I am convinced that he will earn your faith

If he does fail itl be rough and we get a high pick and a new coach, which I suppose is still better than year after year of 8-8. I think this hire is very much boom or bust, he will be great or burn out quickly, no more "ok"

Not sure I can believe this source. Maybe Philbin didn't have faith in Tannehill after year 2 or 3, but it's hard to believe he didn't believe in Tannehill after Sherman and himself drafted him number 8 overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I can believe this source. Maybe Philbin didn't have faith in Tannehill after year 2 or 3, but it's hard to believe he didn't believe in Tannehill after Sherman and himself drafted him number 8 overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was always talk that the team didnt intend to take Tannehill until Sherman arrived, maybe he was his guy all along not Philbins (not like Joe seemed to have many strong views about the offense)

Just a thought

I wasn't in love with gase, but I really think he can get the most out of tannehill. He'll build a system and team around Tannnehills strengths and push him to be better. If not he'll find a qb he can win with

He is a long way from never calling plays and making power points in GB!

Lol at the young Bill Belichek quote.

That is dumb. However it does kind of highlight the point that this hire is being praised basically all across the NFL whilst at the same time Dolphins fans are considering mass suicide

He is a long way from never calling plays and making power points in GB!

He grows on you. The more I read about him the more I like. Gonna have to watch some Bronco games to see his offensive concepts.

That is dumb. However it does kind of highlight the point that this hire is being praised basically all across the NFL whilst at the same time Dolphins fans are considering mass suicide
Shut up. You dont drop 2500 a year on season tickets for a garbage product.

Joe Philbin is a ****ing bum.

That man set this team back years.

Such a mistake.

If all of the rationale mentioned in the article is truly what the "committee" used to determine the next coach, we should be even more disappointed in the process. This isn't a shot at Gase.

I remember hearing similar things said about Philbin and Cameron after they were hired. We shall see.

If all of the rationale mentioned in the article is truly what the "committee" used to determine the next coach, we should be even more disappointed in the process. This isn't a shot at Gase.

Exactly this. Which is why I find the "young bill belichek," quote so amusing.

whether you like Ryan Tannehill or not, if Joe Philbin actually did not believe in Ryan Tannehill and continued to play him is a huge red flag. I don't care how good of a coach you are, you don't have confidence in your players (especially your QB) you aren't going to win. So either show faith in said QB or find someone you do have faith in.

Back
Top Bottom