Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't)

I don't see anything in that article that is hard to believe.

Philbin tried to get them to draft Carr in 2014

The article has him down on RT in 2013

RT was drafted in 2012

he coached him for 2 years before he tried to get a new QB drafted per that article.

What exactly is hard to believe about that?

or...

more to the point

what the F is wrong with that?

If you are getting paid to be the coach and your job is to WIN, would you keep a QB for 2 years who DOES NOT WIN enough?

Gase was the QB coach for Tebow, they did well with Tebow for one season. What is Tebow up to now?

Carr is probably super happy he didn't end up here if he heard about this .

Tannehill is basically going through what His brother went through with the Texans .

A QB who we still haven't seen if he has the potential to be something due to lack of protection , lack of coaching and a horribly run organization .

I wonder what the numbers are when you compare the amount of sacks and the beating David took in his first 4 vs Tannehill . I'm sure the numbers would be very telling

For many years, some on this site have begged for a coach that has a mind that could compete with Belichick's....now that we potentially have one everyone is: "**** this guy, does not impress me" when we have read multiple reports about how smart he is and have been given specific examples. This doesn't mean he will, but you have to like the potential.

He will not impress until we see it on the playing field....some on this board is tired of Ross hiring the first shinny object he see's, just to get the fan base excited only to find out we are no better than we were the previous yrs.....Gase is going to have to show us he is worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Belicheat instead of some anonymous source making such comparisons without any evidence to back it up....if you and some on the board want to blindly follow and that he's a great coach before having to prove it, that is your right but to me, I am suspicious of the process and the results when it comes to this latest hire....I am surprised to hear they didn't like Mike Smith because of his interview, that scares me, some people spend all their time learning how to look good for an interview just like players spend a lot of time learning to look good at the combine....at some point what you have done has to weight more than the interview itself.....I didn't like the fact that they didnt wait for the top tier candidates season to end so they can interview, they made up their minds before the process started that he was the man and once they got him in the building Ross wanted his man.....I hope he turns out to be all the coach and leader they think he is because this team surely needs it.....

Didn't wanna start a new thread but Jarvis is on Sportscenter right now with some good stuff to say about his new coach.

Calls him very high energy, uplifting.
Said that Adam Gase knew him right away and called out "Juice!" when they first met in the building. It wasn't an "awkward handshake" it was a hug and showing some love to the players.
Says that he thinks Adam will do great things for the Dolphins, and that him and some of the team goes long boarding every Friday as a sort of tradition.

Cool stuff from a cool dude in our boy Juice.

Happy we have a coach who's smart and can connect with the players on a person to person level. Now let's hope he can gameplan.

Ok. So Gase got he job because the organization is convinced he can "fix" Tannehill. Wow. All I can say is, Gase will fail unless he is able to convince those people to move on from that loser. The same way Jay Gruden convinced the Redskins to move on from Griffin III.

Back
Top Bottom