Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't)

I believe in the press conference and on Finsiders. He will call the plays for at least the first year. he says he really enjoys it. If he finds the right person for the job he may hand it over. I guess the question is, since I am to lazy to look it up, is.. What are the offense stats\standings when the HC calls the plays.

Some say it is too much for an HC to take on the coaching duties plus game planning and calling plays. Guess we will see.

calling plays doesn't mean you don't need an OC

Adam Gase has my full support going forward . I give any new person or player the benefit of the doubt , until they give me a reason not to .

Let's get this ball rolling

One interesting tidbit. While she was nominally mentioned as being on the committee, Dawn Aponte was not mentioned at all as being part of the process by anyone. Tannenbaum didn't mention her. Neither did Gase. She's being marginalized. Let her stick to Cap management (if she's needed) and stay out of football decisions or management of the organization.

One interesting tidbit. While she was nominally mentioned as being on the committee, Dawn Aponte was not mentioned at all as being part of the process by anyone. Tannenbaum didn't mention her. Neither did Gase. She's being marginalized. Let her stick to EBITDA and stay out of football decisions or management of the organization.

as it should be

Not a huge Gase fan, but at least I know he isn't Joe Philbin. Rooting for him to succeed.

Of course he was, he was the interim. Out of respect even if it's not true I'm glad he was told that.

so if gase says no and they hire Campbell you respect that too I take it?

yeah no thanks

someone said it was a pr move more than anything else not sure I buy that given the "extensive" search but I'm damn glad campbells not the head coach in 2016

yeah no thanks

someone said it was a pr move more than anything else not sure I buy that given the "extensive" search but I'm damn glad campbells not the head coach in 2016

No I don't think Campbell would have become HC.....like you say PR speak.

I don't see anything in that article that is hard to believe.

Philbin tried to get them to draft Carr in 2014

The article has him down on RT in 2013

RT was drafted in 2012

he coached him for 2 years before he tried to get a new QB drafted per that article.

What exactly is hard to believe about that?

or...

more to the point

what the F is wrong with that?

If you are getting paid to be the coach and your job is to WIN, would you keep a QB for 2 years who DOES NOT WIN enough?

Gase was the QB coach for Tebow, they did well with Tebow for one season. What is Tebow up to now?

I also have to question this article. While I like Gase and think he has potential, there are many things in this article I have a hard time with. Campbell was their #2 choice and Marrone was #3? The 2 reasons they eliminated Shanny (too rich to be motivated & all his probable coaches were elsewhere) were weak at best. No mention of Jackson or several other top candidates. The BB comparison??? Really? And the "trick question" thing just came across kind of weird to me. I've got to hope this is more fiction than fact, as I'm very worried for us as a franchise if this stuff is true.

whether you like Ryan Tannehill or not, if Joe Philbin actually did not believe in Ryan Tannehill and continued to play him is a huge red flag. I don't care how good of a coach you are, you don't have confidence in your players (especially your QB) you aren't going to win. So either show faith in said QB or find someone you do have faith in.

Yeah, If Philbin (or anyone else on his staff) didn't believe in Tannehill, then why the hell did he always put the ball in his hands ALL THE TIME. Remember this is the team that ran like 10 times a game. I would say he believed in RT more than anyone else.

It's stupid to hire a coach just because he's okay with the current QB. This hiring has mediocrity written all over it. Teams can't seem to break their labels evidenced by the losses for Minn and Cinci this weekend. Teams are what they are, and the Dolphins are not winners.

I may have read your post and taken it the wrong way, but are you saying that Gase is just OK with RT as the Dolphins QB?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

dan Campbell was a finalist :lol:

this team is idiotic

And you actually think he was a serious final candidate?

IMO that is all about how the fan base feels about coach Camp.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

yeah no thanks

So you seriously think a guy (Gase) that turned down 3 previous offers to be a NFL HC would allow that?

Back
Top Bottom