Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't)

Laughable... A young Bill Bellicheck!?! where did Gase come from that he deserves such a comparison?

He has the "it" factor? Based on what? One real year running his own offense? So cutler and manning have Gase endorsements.. SO WHAT. When had a player ever given a bad endorsement to anyone when asked how the felt a guy coached - rarely ever. It's being politically correct. Good luck Gase - hope you're the answer but tbh I'm not very impressed

Yep. Philbin had an Aaron Rogers endorsement. And that went so well, right? Lol

Just because Omar has come hard the couple of years to distinguish himself as the biggest, most disgraceful and laughable ayehole in local journalism, doesn't mean that Mando should be considered any less of a joke than he always was going back since forever.

Lest you believe much of this agenda-driven poppy****, as they say "consider the source!"

This article is so laughable. First they make two hypothetical red-flags on both Shanahan and Coughlin, and discount them. They question Campbell's ability to handle the full roster...then they hire a guy that is an OC of a dismal offense, with no head coaching experience (AT ANY LEVEL....not even HIGH SCHOOL) who never handled a roster himself. All because he worked with Payton Manning and Cutler???? Secondly you choose a guy to "fix" Tannehill...anyone who knows football knows that's pure BS! How about FIXING THAT SWISS CHEESE OFFENSIVE LINE! Tannehill don't need fixing, he needs a decent offensive line and an OC who is going to be there longer than a year!

Here's the real skinny...TanneBuM wanted someone he could control...that is what took the two super bowl winning coaches out of it. I am extremely disappointed with this hire. Yeah I can really see this 37 year old, no playing experience, no head coaching experience Adam Case getting in Suh's face!

How is he a young Belicheat?

Was he interested in the media department more than the roster.

Ok, I'll speculate on the interview.

Gase: My philosophy is to adapt the offensive scheme to the players that we have and maximize their potential.

Ross: Is that allowed by the rules?

Gase: Yes.

Ross: You don't have to run the same scheme no matter what?

Gase: No..... why would you think that?

Ross: Never mind, you're hired!!

the biggest issue I take with the point on Coughlin is that his teams have sucked for 3 years, not just 1

Ok, I'll speculate on the interview.

Gase: My philosophy is to adapt the offensive scheme to the players that we have and maximize their potential.

Ross: Is that allowed by the rules?

Gase: Yes.

Ross: You don't have to run the same scheme no matter what?

Gase: No..... why would you think that?

Ross: Never mind, you're hired!!

But we had Lazor put "his" system in and he told us we had to find players to fit it.

This committee failed the most basic task given to them: Hire a coach who can run the entire team and galvanize the organization.

Gase has never been a HC. Gase has NO experience successfully dealing with the actual problems that plaque this team.

Gase has stated he may not hire an OC. All of Gase's credentials and strengths are based on him being an OC. If he does hire an OC, he effectively has no proven skillset in the job he was hired.

Once again we hired based on what other's thought. And we did not hired based on what we need.

We are in the AFC East. In order to get to the Super Bowl we have to beat the Patriots. Do you know WHO beats the Patriots like a drum? Tom Coughlin.

The Phins were "worried" Coughlin may not be around in 4 years. They wanted a 4 - 5 year solution? Since WHEN have we shown enough patience to endure building and losing for 4 years? And they wanted Dan Campbell to be on the staff because they think he is an up a comer. Exactly how long do they think Dan will stay without getting the job? Wouldn't Tom Coughlin for 3 years accomodate the LONG TERM GOAL?

We did not hire based on the 2016 Miami Dolphins' needs. We hired based on a "hot name". We violated our own "criteria" and "long term goals" to rationalize hiring a popular choice.

Gase ability to handle a media presser is weak and needs a lot of improvement. Who does this sound like?

Tannenbaum wanted Marrone? He patiently waited for a year to clear house only to hire a guy he didn't want? Does this sound like Power Trip Mike Tannenbaum? Nope, sounds like Ego Ross making his own choice and overruling Tannenbaum. This sounds like we've already started down the right road. Oh boy, any bets how this will play out?

So, who do you want to be your next HC in 3 - 4 years?

Dysfunction Reigns Supreme.

This committee failed the most basic task given to them: Hire a coach who can run the entire team and galvanize the organization.

Gase has never been a HC. Gase has NO experience successfully dealing with the actual problems that plaque this team.

Gase has stated he may not hire an OC. All of Gase's credentials and strengths are based on him being an OC. If he does hire an OC, he effectively has no proven skillset in the job he was hired.

Once again we hired based on what other's thought. And we did not hired based on what we need.

We are in the AFC East. In order to get to the Super Bowl we have to beat the Patriots. Do you know WHO beats the Patriots like a drum? Tom Coughlin.

The Phins were "worried" Coughlin may not be around in 4 years. They wanted a 4 - 5 year solution? Since WHEN have we shown enough patience to endure building and losing for 4 years? And they wanted Dan Campbell to be on the staff because they think he is an up a comer. Exactly how long do they think Dan will stay without getting the job? Wouldn't Tom Coughlin for 3 years accomodate the LONG TERM GOAL?

We did not hire based on the 2016 Miami Dolphins' needs. We hired based on a "hot name". We violated our own "criteria" and "long term goals" to rationalize hiring a popular choice.

Gase ability to handle a media presser is weak and needs a lot of improvement. Who does this sound like?

Tannenbaum wanted Marrone? He patiently waited for a year to clear house only to hire a guy he didn't want? Does this sound like Power Trip Mike Tannenbaum? Nope, sounds like Ego Ross making his own choice and overruling Tannenbaum. This sounds like we've already started down the right road. Oh boy, any bets how this will play out?

So, who do you want to be your next HC in 3 - 4 years?

Dysfunction Reigns Supreme.

And when did he say this?

Not sure what people wanted, wanted Mike S but maybe some truth about assembling staff I dont buy the other crap and who would tell Armado that about his drvie etc bullcrap. Hue to niners, and thats a nice way of saying Dan C is not ready which I agree with so who did you guys want??

The point on Mike Shanahan.
When they finished talking to two-time Super Bowl winning coach Mike Shanahan, the Dolphins recognized many of Shanahan’s “guys” are currently employed elsewhere, so putting together a strong staff was going to be difficult.

The point on Tom Coughlin
The Dolphins watched with interest on Monday when the New York Giants and head coach Tom Coughlin announced their divorce. Coughlin still wants to coach, and the search committee discussed him.
So why not this other two-time, Super Bowl-winning coach?
He’s going to be 70, and that factored not because of his age but because it would make the hire a two- or three-year answer to a three-to-five year question, and the Dolphins wanted to emerge with that long-term plan.
Secondly, the Dolphins did some research on the job Coughlin did in 2015 coaching the Giants. They decided he hadn’t had a very good year. And so they moved on.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...o-salguero/article53964610.html#storylink=cpy

Those two points are the biggest bulls#$T reasons, I've every read about anything, anywhere. Not when you factor in the proven track record of winning.

If Ross got starry eyed of Gase why not just print the truth and say it? Ross and TBomb got the man, their yes-man and everybody better hope and pray the veteran believe in him to play hard every snap.

Yep. Philbin had an Aaron Rogers endorsement. And that went so well, right? Lol

Agree It would have been so much better if all Gases endorsements said he was crappy..then we'd have our man ?...

planet earth = the insane asylum of the universe

UK brings up a good point that Coughlin's teams have not been good for a few years. I think Coughlin would have done a great job turning the culture around, but I get not wanting to go with him

What we need is for Philbin to make a power point for the board illustrating the differences between Gase and himself. Not like Philbin is busy these days....

Back
Top Bottom