Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - why Gase got the job (and why others didn't)

I don't get the Hayden hate lately. He is one of the best posters on the site. Even when I don't agree with him, I generally can't fault the delivery or his reasoning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have to laugh about this "committee" assuming that Mike Shanahan would have more difficulty constructing a competent staff than Adam Gase will have.

Sheer insanity.

(Assuming the details of the article are accurate).

Still have to laugh about this "committee" assuming that Mike Shanahan would have more difficulty constructing a competent staff than Adam Gase will have.

Sheer insanity.

Seriously, because having Kyle Shanahan as OC sounds really great (yikes).

You can't say that Philbin set the team back

He was NEVER the GM

Armando is just stirring the pot

Philbin KNEW what RT was doing wrong which it seems most of the posters on here are STILL oblivious about

simply because coaches GRADE EVERY PLAYER ON EVERY PLAY

Lazor also knew. It is no secret within that building what RT had problems with

The players on the team will also know.

The fans at large go by what the announcers say and what gets written.

I think Gase can improve RT, I would NEVER hire a Head coach to improve the QB play.

That is what QB coaches and Offensive coordinators get paid to do

Sheer insanity.

Obviously t-bomb would much rather deal with Gase

if he didn't appreciate Hickey's input, and Hickey is Mr. People friendly, Polite man

how do you think he would like to deal with Shanahan whose face lights up when he stares

Philbin is a bum. What a terrible leader.

There was always talk that the team didnt intend to take Tannehill until Sherman arrived, maybe he was his guy all along not Philbins (not like Joe seemed to have many strong views about the offense)

Just a thought

Would you think an OC would have that much say over a GM or HC for tannehill to be just HIS guy?

The only thing I'll say in Philbin's defense is that he apparently did not have the authority to make the roster changes that he wanted. That's a tough spot to be in as a coach when you aren't allowed to affect the roster to your perceived needs. Whether or not he would have made all the right choices pertaining to the roster is another conversation, but it was his ass on the line.

It's stupid to hire a coach just because he's okay with the current QB. This hiring has mediocrity written all over it. Teams can't seem to break their labels evidenced by the losses for Minn and Cinci this weekend. Teams are what they are, and the Dolphins are not winners.

Do you seriously think that Gase is just OK with the current QB? The guy had other opportunities. We know he's got a rep of being a hard worker that pre plans everything. Reports have leaked that the whole interview process was asking the candidates how they would fix the QB; hours upon hours of QB related questions. I think its safe to assume Gase likes Thill more than he's letting on. I refuse to believe he's only seen limited tape. He did his homework on Thill. How else did he blow everybody out of the water in the interview if the FO was looking for a guy that can "fix" the QB.

It's stupid to hire a coach just because he's okay with the current QB. This hiring has mediocrity written all over it. Teams can't seem to break their labels evidenced by the losses for Minn and Cinci this weekend. Teams are what they are, and the Dolphins are not winners.

Gase did not just come here nor was he hired to just 'fix' Tannehill, he came here to be head coach because he's earned it.

And when did he say this?

I believe in the press conference and on Finsiders. He will call the plays for at least the first year. he says he really enjoys it. If he finds the right person for the job he may hand it over. I guess the question is, since I am to lazy to look it up, is.. What are the offense stats\standings when the HC calls the plays.

Some say it is too much for an HC to take on the coaching duties plus game planning and calling plays. Guess we will see.

I believe in the press conference and on Finsiders. He will call the plays for at least the first year. he says he really enjoys it. If he finds the right person for the job he may hand it over. I guess the question is, since I am to lazy to look it up, is.. What are the offense stats\standings when the HC calls the plays.

Some say it is too much for an HC to take on the coaching duties plus game planning and calling plays. Guess we will see.

He can still hire an offensive coordinator he will just call the plays.

Back
Top Bottom