Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space

Well, If Tyreek with a Wilkins/Connor Extension is next you gotta figure using Byron’s savings as roll over/rookie cap we could be in for a few splashes (poyrer/David?)with around 35 million or so to play with (not including Byron’s aforementioned savings going to the pool/rollover).

I believe this means Miami will have $25.5mm in cap space - about half of which will be available as of 6/1.

Well, If Tyreek with a Wilkins/Connor Extension is next you gotta figure using Byron’s savings as roll over/rookie cap we could be in for a few splashes (poyrer/David?)with around 35 million or so to play with (not including Byron’s aforementioned savings going to the pool/rollover).

Miami was well over the cap threshold before they started making moves.

Edit: Never mind - I didn’t comprehend what you typed. Still caffeinating.

given the state of the NFL, 16 million over wasn't that bad.

It’s how the cap is managed right now. What’s interesting is that vets who earned their money and were smart with it seem perfectly happy to sign very late in FA for a couple million just to stay in the game at their leisure.

Suh ended up playing in three Super Bowls in the past five years that way.

25mil under isn't quite "healthy" but it's a much better place. Hopefully the Fins can find a way to roll a little over for next year too

25mil under isn't quite "healthy" but it's a much better place. Hopefully the Fins can find a way to roll a little over for next year too
We're actually in a really good cap space for next year so far. Gonna need it for all the players that need to be signed.

Well, given the likelihood of a Wilkins extension, maybe a Williams extension, the fact they restructured Armstead leads me to believe they're eyeing a significant FA.

Wagner, Poyer. Not sure, if they do further restructures maybe Orlando Brown

It's getting interesting.

My guess is Miamis targeting Wagner. We shall see

Satisfying Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

I think I would try to extend Wilkins next and lower his cap hit and then try to improve the LB room via FA. Te and CB in a draft which seems to be deep at those positions.

I think we would have a better shot at David but him and Wagner might be too much and Wagner probably prefers to stay out West.

Question: Don’t we have massive cap space next year? I honestly haven’t looked and I’m curious.

Question: Don’t we have massive cap space next year? I honestly haven’t looked and I’m curious.

no, we're roughly 3 mil over the estimated cap

EDIT: spotrac obviously takes the 5th year options for all three first rounds into account, so Ajax and Iggy account for 25 mil of those

Back
Top Bottom