Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space

people's imagination go wild here sometimes ....this is not madden......like I said, we're about 11mill under for now(Jones money comes after June) and we have about 20 free agents of which we need to bring back at least 4 or 5 of them so there goes the 11mill but people think we're getting Poyer, Wagner and Brown......lol

I agree personally. Also, maybe I am getting ahead of myself.

In no way shape or form do I believe Miami is getting multiple FAS.

We have agreed and discussed that the moves or restructures made will determine Miamis intentions.

Maybe I am wrong, but If their intention was to just get cap compliant, fill out their roster and resign some of their own FAS....

Then an Armstead restructure is not what I believe would have been the best choice.

Armstead restructure was one I believed would be done to create space to go after a significant FA ( like a Wagner)

Of course I could be wrong. Maybe Hill is refusing a restructure, or Miami just isn't getting the contract needed for Wilkins and Sieler.

I dunno. But I always believed an Armstead extension would be a sign for a future splash move.

Hopefully, I am wrong and there's no more restructures especially with Ogbah and Baker.

Only time will tell.

are you forgetting to add the money that we're pushing down the road by restructuring and cutting players?......there's going to be a lot of dead money, not to mention Chubb and TA restructured deals is adding money to 2024 and 2025
I’m not, no. Cutting Byron Jones lowers his 2024 cap number, it does not increase it. He will go from a $19 million cap hit in the numbers I just posted to a $10 million cap hit of dead money. So that’s $9 million more in cap room that I hadn’t even accounted for.

Chubb’s and TA’s restructured deals are unlikely to significantly change their cap numbers in future years, they likely just mean there’s more dead money if we cut them.

This wasn’t my preference but obviously we are gearing towards spending some cash in FA/via trade(s).

Buckle up, mother****ers. It’s the holiday season for Mr. Grier.

Well, given the likelihood of a Wilkins extension, maybe a Williams extension, the fact they restructured Armstead leads me to believe they're eyeing a significant FA.

Wagner, Poyer. Not sure, if they do further restructures maybe Orlando Brown

It's getting interesting.

My guess is Miamis targeting Wagner. We shall see

CGJ would be such a masterpiece in this defense but he’s gonna cost a lot. If we’re going to shell out for Poyer then I hope we explore that route first and see how much more costly it would be.

I hate this contract with him. I can't believe we paid this dude this much to play half the year.

Teron has played in and started in 35 games out of 49 over the past 3 years.

Tua has played in 36 games and started in 34 games out of 49 over the past 3 years.

CGJ would be such a masterpiece in this defense but he’s gonna cost a lot. If we’re going to shell out for Poyer then I hope we explore that route first and see how much more costly it would be.
I like the idea of bringing in Poyer, but that’s mostly because I don’t believe he’s going to be expensive. I can’t see anyone giving a 6-foot, 190-pound safety who’ll be 32 years old before the season starts more than $8-ish million per year.

But my first choice at safety would be Juan Thornhill.

people's imagination go wild here sometimes ....this is not madden......like I said, we're about 11mill under for now(Jones money comes after June) and we have about 20 free agents of which we need to bring back at least 4 or 5 of them so there goes the 11mill but people think we're getting Poyer, Wagner and Brown......lol
You keep doubling and tripling down on this position that we don’t have the money to be big spenders this off-season, and you’re going to see that you’re wrong in a few days. I don’t know what else to tell you. I’ve showed you the math. We’re one restructure away from having nearly $30 million in cap room, and we’re likely going to do a lot more to open up cap space than just one more restructure.

Tyreek Hill, Terron Armstead, and Connor Williams cost us $16 million combined in cap room last season. We are going to make a number of significant free agent additions this off-season with the cap space we are opening up.

I like the idea of bringing in Poyer, but that’s mostly because I don’t believe he’s going to be expensive. I can’t see anyone giving a 6-foot, 190-pound safety who’ll be 32 years old before the season starts more than $8-ish million per year.

But my first choice at safety would be Juan Thornhill.
Do we need a safety? We have Holland and Jones. I mean, we can always use more but wouldn't it be wiser to spend on other positions?

Do we need a safety? We have Holland and Jones. I mean, we can always use more but wouldn't it be wiser to spend on other positions?

The idea is a Fangio system is a 3 safety system if I am not mistaken.

So the move isnt to replace Jones.

Im.curious to know what Fangio would think of McKinley? I mean it's possible people like me are overthrowing the Safety position and the safety fitting Fangios system is already in house.

That’s a question for Fangio. Brandon Jones isn’t a natural fit as a deep safety, but he is very smart and very fast, and so you’d think he could be developed to excel in Fangio’s scheme. Alternatively, we could use him as a nickel safety in the box and play someone else as the second deep safety.

I will say, I love Jordan Battle as a potential third round safety who could be a plug-and-play starter next to Holland. So if we want to save our money for another position, we could go safety on Day Two and let the rookie compete with Brandon Jones for rotational snaps and/or a nickel gig.

Thanks for that info. In the three safety system, does Fangio just use 2 linebackers? Does Jones play free safety now? I thought Holland played there and Jones was strong safety?

Ok we have some money to spend, if your were running the Dolphins would you.....

A) Use the money to extend Wilkins and Seiler now?

B) Use the money to make a big splash getting one or two high value free agents?

C) Use the money to bring in four or five potential mid-level starters?

Extending Christian Wilkins would lower his cap number this year.

I’d sign CW and Seiler right away.

Then start conducting my business.

did i see his cap number before this was 21 mil next season?

if so, didn't we have to do this? why take a 21 million hit in a year where you're a little tight?

he's getting the money anyway.

I think the Dolphins have to prioritize for the first portion of free agency. ILB, CB, Oline depth or starter at RT may be the priority. After June 1, could find RB and safety depth. Fun thing is, we’re going to find out in a few days!

Back
Top Bottom