Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space

So with the restructures of Chubb and Armstead that should put us roughly $11 million under the cap now. I would assume a restructure of Hill is also coming before free agency starts. If we restructure Hill that would save almost another $18 million I believe. We should be in good shape to make moves in free agency, maybe not a lot of Armstead, Hill and Chubb type contracts, but enough to be players.

So with the restructures of Chubb and Armstead that should put us roughly $11 million under the cap now. I would assume a restructure of Hill is also coming before free agency starts. If we restructure Hill that would save almost another $18 million I believe. We should be in good shape to make moves in free agency, maybe not a lot of Armstead, Hill and Chubb type contracts, but enough to be players.
Agree. 11 m isn’t much money really.

Question: Don’t we have massive cap space next year? I honestly haven’t looked and I’m curious.
We have 62mill of cap space in 2024 but that's misleading......we only have 28 players under contract and this is without the money we're pushing to the next couple of years from cutting Byron Jones and restructuring Chubb and Armstead

Ok we have some money to spend, if your were running the Dolphins would you.....

A) Use the money to extend Wilkins and Seiler now?

B) Use the money to make a big splash getting one or two high value free agents?

C) Use the money to bring in four or five potential mid-level starters?

no, we're roughly 3 mil over the estimated cap

EDIT: spotrac obviously takes the 5th year options for all three first rounds into account, so Ajax and Iggy account for 25 mil of those
I find Overthecap more useful. Options aside, we’re $62 million under the projected cap next season with 27 players under contract. Assuming we pick up Tua’s fifth year option, that number drops to $39 million.

We can also easily open up $14 million more by cutting Ogbah, $10 million more by cutting Jerome Baker, and $7.3 million more by cutting Ced Wilson.

So assuming we make those moves, we’re $70 million under the cap with 25 guys under contract. We’ll need to spend some of that to keep guys like Christian Wilkins, Rob Hunt, Connor Williams, and Zach Sieler. So basically, we’ll have a ton of work to do next off-season but a ton of flexibility with which to do it.

Ok we have some money to spend, if your were running the Dolphins would you.....

B) Use the money to make a big splash getting one or two high value free agents?

first you need to decide what to do with our own free agents.....we have like 20 of them.....some of the money will go to bringing some players back.......

Needham
AVG
Mostert
Wilson

those are some of the players we might want back so people need to stop thinking we're going after big time free agents with about 10 to 11mill of cap space

I find Overthecap more useful. Options aside, we’re $62 million under the projected cap next season with 27 players under contract. Assuming we pick up Tua’s fifth year option, that number drops to $39 million.

We can also easily open up $14 million more by cutting Ogbah, $10 million more by cutting Jerome Baker, and $7.3 million more by cutting Ced Wilson.

So assuming we make those moves, we’re $70 million under the cap with 25 guys under contract. We’ll need to spend some of that to keep guys like Christian Wilkins, Rob Hunt, Connor Williams, and Zach Sieler. So basically, we’ll have a ton of work to do next off-season but a ton of flexibility with which to do it.
are you forgetting to add the money that we're pushing down the road by restructuring and cutting players?......there's going to be a lot of dead money, not to mention Chubb and TA restructured deals is adding money to 2024 and 2025

first you need to decide what to do with our own free agents.....we have like 20 of them.....some of the money will go to bringing some players back.......

Needham
AVG
Mostert
Wilson

those are some of the players we might want back so people need to stop thinking we're going after big time free agents with about 10 to 11mill of cap space
Ok so you kinda picked C, that would be my choice.

Ok so you kinda picked C, that would be my choice.
people's imagination go wild here sometimes ....this is not madden......like I said, we're about 11mill under for now(Jones money comes after June) and we have about 20 free agents of which we need to bring back at least 4 or 5 of them so there goes the 11mill but people think we're getting Poyer, Wagner and Brown......lol

Well, as much as I would love certain FAS coming to Miami.

Sign our guys first.

An extension of Wilkins and Sieler would help with the cap.

I focus on those 2.

Then work on Moster or Wilson. Preferably Mostert

Go from there, Miami can extend the 2 main guys and resign a couple of other FAS with the space they have.

As I said, I would love Wagner,but not at the expense of pushing a Wilkins extension down the road. Or being able to resign Mostert and or Wilson etc.

So primarily option A with a sprinkle of C for our FAS

I think I would try to extend Wilkins next and lower his cap hit and then try to improve the LB room via FA. Te and CB in a draft which seems to be deep at those positions.

I think we would have a better shot at David but him and Wagner might be too much and Wagner probably prefers to stay out West.
RT first and LB 2nd are the areas I want them to try to improve before the draft.

Back
Top Bottom