Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead restructures creates 11.8 space

You keep doubling and tripling down on this position that we don’t have the money to be big spenders this off-season, and you’re going to see that you’re wrong in a few days. I don’t know what else to tell you. I’ve showed you the math. We’re one restructure away from having nearly $30 million in cap room, and we’re likely going to do a lot more to open up cap space than just one more restructure.

Tyreek Hill, Terron Armstead, and Connor Williams cost us $16 million combined in cap room last season. We are going to make a number of significant free agent additions this off-season with the cap space we are opening up.
I have no doubt that they can create a lot of cap space. All I’m saying is that we’re going to pay for it in a couple of years

I have to think that players know when contracts are first signed that there is some kind of long term vision and these restructures or possible ones are discussed in original contracts. I then have to think that when doing them it is the player who holds all the cards and when they execute it, I see this as players putting team first....I know they get paid eventually but having more money up front for a smart money person means investing or such sooner.

This may all be obvious to more seasoned capologists here but I just love the morning news being Dolphins players putting team first to put out perhaps an even more exciting team this year.

I knew this could happen but was hoping it wasn’t going to as he's often hurt so I didn’t want to kick money down the road with him
Definitely risky, but also expected. Hill is probably next.

Man I dislike this one but Grier gonna Grier. You want outs with older, injured guys. Eventually it becomes impossible to keep them and almost as bad to move on. Smart teams don't put themselves in a position like this.

And just like that we have 25ish million with another 13 coming after June 1.

Going all in, as should be the case.

There are rumblings that Poyer is willing to take less money to play here. That, combined with no state tax makes signing a veteran safety more paletable.I think Miami will add a splashy LB and probably a depth LB as well. Maybe a big OT as well, but not as sure on that one. Looks like Miami is aiming for CB and TE early, and hopefully one of those RBs in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Noice!

Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office

Well, here we go lol.

Please don't touch Baker or Ogbahs contract unless it's to trade them.

Grier gonna Grier haha.

30 million still isn't alot, but a Wilkins extension will add cap so....

I'm telling you.... when they announce Tua is extended..... I am going to have the pop corn ready

There are rumblings that Poyer is willing to take less money to play here. That, combined with no state tax makes signing a veteran safety more paletable.I think Miami will add a splashy LB and probably a depth LB as well. Maybe a big OT as well, but not as sure on that one. Looks like Miami is aiming for CB and TE early, and hopefully one of those RBs in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I dunno if he's trolling us or not
But if it's true about Poyer, it would be a pretty dang good FA get for Miami.

My personal pick, Wagner.... appears he is looking at Seattle. So, yeah, looks like those of you saying he'll stay out west is most likely true.

If Miami were to re-sign their guys, extend Wilkins and Sieler with the Fangio hire and if the only significant addition is Poyer.....

That would be a pretty darn good off season for me.

I'm hoping Wilkins, Sieler and Mostert deals are announced in the next few days

One of those 3 will be announced today......

So says GRYPHONK

Teron has played in and started in 35 games out of 49 over the past 3 years.

Tua has played in 36 games and started in 34 games out of 49 over the past 3 years.
Armstead played in 13 games this year. I believe two or three of those were also not full games. I don't care about any year prior to him coming here.

Ok we have some money to spend, if your were running the Dolphins would you.....

A) Use the money to extend Wilkins and Seiler now?

B) Use the money to make a big splash getting one or two high value free agents?

C) Use the money to bring in four or five potential mid-level starters?
A. By a long shot. Those two with Phillips and Chubb, well they all play great together. Just have to find a way to get to the qb more often

Well, as much as I would love certain FAS coming to Miami.

Sign our guys first.

An extension of Wilkins and Sieler would help with the cap.

I focus on those 2.

Then work on Moster or Wilson. Preferably Mostert

Go from there, Miami can extend the 2 main guys and resign a couple of other FAS with the space they have.

As I said, I would love Wagner,but not at the expense of pushing a Wilkins extension down the road. Or being able to resign Mostert and or Wilson etc.

So primarily option A with a sprinkle of C for our FAS
My thoughts exactly

Back
Top Bottom