Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins

Matt Ryan is not CAPABLE of winning playoff games? 4 years into his career this is the analysis of him? Ever heard of Peyton Manning?

My god this board is bad.

He hasn't won a playoff game yet, he is 0-3 to be exact. 4 years doesn't define a career but that is all we have to this point to analyze him. So far he hasn't got the job done, maybe he does in the future, but that is just speculation. All we have in front of us today are facts, and fact is he is not a playoff winning quarterback. Hell, as bad as Mark Sanchez is, even he has won in the playoffs.

No sense in crying over spilled milk guys. As said by Nublar, the talent level on the team prevented us from ever being in the race for Luck. The 0-7 start was a fluke.

I didn't think it was possible to spin 0-7 as never being in the race but I was wrong. The team was undoubtedly bad enough. Luck is never going to be here, you're right about that. Boy does that feeling suck doesn't it? And there was nothing unexpected whatsoever about that slow start. Chad Henne was our QB. We were guaranteed to suck.

If it can be told that Sparano was a good coach, anything can be spun.

Hell, as bad as Mark Sanchez is, even he has won in the playoffs.

Which makes the entire premise of the argument against Matt Ryan bogus. Ever watched that team tackle and cover come playoff time?

Besides, Mark Sanchez ain't that bad anyway. He just threw 26 TD's his 3rd season in the league. Miami hasn't had a QB throw 26 TD's since Marino in '94.

No sense in crying over spilled milk guys. As said by Nublar, the talent level on the team prevented us from ever being in the race for Luck. The 0-7 start was a fluke.

Im sorry, but with Sparano as HC and Henne at QB, 0-7 is no fluke. The only fluke was that we were even able to compete in a couple of those games.

He hasn't won a playoff game yet, he is 0-3 to be exact. 4 years doesn't define a career but that is all we have to this point to analyze him. So far he hasn't got the job done, maybe he does in the future, but that is just speculation. All we have in front of us today are facts, and fact is he is not a playoff winning quarterback. Hell, as bad as Mark Sanchez is, even he has won in the playoffs.

So since Sanchez has won playoff games he is better than matt Ryan. I guess its easy to hate on Ryan since we dont have qb's that can even make the playoffs. I guess people dont realize that the nfl is a team sport and qb's dont do it by themselves. Dan Marino never won the big game but I still see him as one of the best qb's of all time. It would be one thing if Ryan was horrible in these games and the only reason they lost but there is quite a bigger picture to it than this. Hell Manning was worse in his early playoff games and he turned out quite all right. Im suprised you didnt want us to trade for Tim tebow since he had so much playoff success and is obviously a better qb than Ryan.

People have to hate on matt Ryan to make us passing on him seem like a better thing. We do this all the time. Like Ryan has a playoff gene that is deficient lol. Ryan is damn fine NFL qb we could only hope Ryan T hill turns out as good and i hope he does

I am not hating on Matt Ryan, all I originally stated is that as a Dolphins fan I am hoping for more than another Matt Ryan. The ultimate future goal for every Dolphins fan is to see a quarterback in place that is capable of helping the team win a championship. To do that, you have to be able to win playoff games, and so far that is not Matt Ryan. Is it a crime or "hating" that I want better than Matt Ryan? If Tannehill is another Matt Ryan and we are sitting here going into the 2016 season without winning a playoff game the previous four years, would you be happy?

I would rather hope and root to win games than to hope and root to lose games. I am a Dolphins fan at the end of the day.

If you're still hoping for wins when the team is 0-7, you're hoping the Dolphins are worse off.

Im sorry, but with Sparano as HC and Henne at QB, 0-7 is no fluke. The only fluke was that we were even able to compete in a couple of those games.

So you had us going win-less in the first half of the year? C'mon WV. I couldn't wait for Sparano to be gone, as well as Henne ..... but you're exaggerating a bit on this one.

I am not hating on Matt Ryan, all I originally stated is that as a Dolphins fan I am hoping for more than another Matt Ryan. The ultimate future goal for every Dolphins fan is to see a quarterback in place that is capable of helping the team win a championship. To do that, you have to be able to win playoff games, and so far that is not Matt Ryan. Is it a crime or "hating" that I want better than Matt Ryan? If Tannehill is another Matt Ryan and we are sitting here going into the 2016 season without winning a playoff game the previous four years, would you be happy?

Having a quarterback establish himself as pro-bowl quality during his first 4 seasons is certainly something that would make Miami fans happy. Hell, they already think they can drink gasoline after watching Tannehill in one pre-season game.

Which makes the entire premise of the argument against Matt Ryan bogus. Ever watched that team tackle and cover come playoff time?

Besides, Mark Sanchez ain't that bad anyway. He just threw 26 TD's his 3rd season in the league. Miami hasn't had a QB throw 26 TD's since Marino in '94.

Ya, the hating on Sanchez goes a bit far on this board ......

No Quarterback is capable of winning a playoff game.

Teams are.

You keep taking chances at QB until you nail it. Once that happens, you put a team around him.

The NFL has made it unbelievably easy for a team to draft a QB and hit the home run that they need. After aall of the rule changes and rookie salary cap, if you still can't figure out how to draft a QB and win within a couple of years then you just suck as an overall franchise and need to be put out of your misery.

No Quarterback is capable of winning a playoff game.

Teams are.

You keep taking chances at QB until you nail it. Once that happens, you put a team around him.

The NFL has made it unbelievably easy for a team to draft a QB and hit the home run that they need. After aall of the rule changes and rookie salary cap, if you still can't figure out how to draft a QB and win within a couple of years then you just suck as an overall franchise and need to be put out of your misery.

I agree with what you post, but I also come to the sad realization that we are one of those franchises that should be put out of our misery.

Back
Top Bottom