Arraignment Set For McMichael | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arraignment Set For McMichael

byroan said:
You're assuming he's guilty.

He will most likely plead no contest...which basically means the same.
There were also witnesses this time, not just a pregnant wife w/ a black eye.
They both need counseling obviously.

I don't want to get into a whole thing about our justice system, but you know professional athletes, and actors get away with things we wouldn't.

so-long-Ricky said:
No McMike or Ricky for a couple games........definitely going to be tough offensively without both of them in the lineup.

If he's suspended, it won't be until next season. The trial isn't happening on the 8th.

byroan said:
What does OJ and murder have to do with McMichael?

just the fact that in their situations they are more likely to avoid penalties

byroan said:
If he's suspended, it won't be until next season. The trial isn't happening on the 8th.

He could plead guilty on the 8th. I rather doubt he would, but it is possible.

To the clueless one's bashing McMichael in this thread:

What is your excuse for his wife "beating" him the first time????

Let me guess, it is impossible for a male to be "beaten" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hitting someone is ILLEGAL whether you are 100lbs heavier, or 100lbs. lighter!!

It's a mutual combat situation from what I can tell. They're both in the wrong. Bashing Randy isn't appropriate if you ask me, but it is entirely appropriate to blame them both for their role in this stuff continuing. I'm not saying Randy is guilty, but it is clear their relationship is not a healthy one.

byroan said:

If during the arraignment he plea bargains w/the DA (assuming some sort of guilt) and pleads guilty to a lesser charge then the NFL can take action immediately. If he pleads not-guilty then it would go to trail and like you said, he probably wouldn't get suspended until next year unless they schedule it within a couple months (which is highly unlikely).

yep, and people always want to jump on the woman's side so quickly, which I can understand for us folk in the "normal" life. But come on, any man with a lue knows dang well there are a ton of women out there that wouldn't leave them regardless. Because then God forbid they won't have their nice cars, virtually unlimited spending account fo rclothes, diamond rings, etc. etc.

Schleprock said:

Let me guess, it is impossible for a male to be "beaten" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hitting someone is ILLEGAL whether you are 100lbs heavier, or 100lbs. lighter!!

Did you read some fantasy lines I didn't write?

I never said anything about him being hit. I do believe a wife could abuse her husband.....I am not talking about her. She is not on the team and will not be suspended. If she is the one initiating the abuse he has to learn how to get away w/o using violence back. Otherwise these problems will continue.

Who's clueless? Read completely before commenting. :rolleyes:

Schleprock said:

Good theroy...if a women hits you and you double her size just punch that b!tch right back, nice.....are you married? if so tell your wife your opinion :shakeno:

NYinBostonFin said:
Did you read some fantasy lines I didn't write?

I never said anything about him being hit. I do believe a wife could abuse her husband.....I am not talking about her. She is not on the team and will not be suspended. If she is the one initiating the abuse he has to learn how to get away w/o using violence back. Otherwise these problems will continue.

Who's clueless? Read completely before commenting. :rolleyes:
No, I didn't read you write it, I also didn't say you specifically did....but I sure as heck read many times you imply it.

Ricky Brown said:
Good theroy...if a women hits you and you double her size just punch that b!tch right back, nice.....are you married? if so tell your wife your opinion :shakeno:
What the heck are you talking about :rolleyes: Tell me where in that post it says anything about hitting a woman being OK. Honestly, I wonder sometimes what people use for logic when I am reading the internet

From some of the posts on this thread, you can see why professional athletes and other celebrities "beat" raps. For a "hero" or a "star", there are a remarkable number of people willing to believe said celeb couldn't possibly have done what star was accused of doing, be it OJ, Michael Jackson or McMichael, because, well, just because ....

This being his second arrest, I'd say that McMichael needs a serious wake up call. Spousal abusive often escalates from beatings to murder.

His wife also needs one. She needs to leave.

Back
Top Bottom