Article absolutely KILLING Chambers | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article absolutely KILLING Chambers

bluehaze said:
That's the nice thing about message boards, if you lose track of the conversation you can simply scroll back and remind yourself what you were talking about. :lol:

:hmph:

Maybe I'm being diplomatic.

bakedmatt said:
Maybe I lost track of the conversation. Are we suggesting that Wes Welker is better than Chambers?

no, I'm suggesting that Chambers really does suck when 40 recievers including the number two and three on his own team are playing better and are more productive... be diplomatic with that.

John Biello said:
better, no. at least not athletically and from a talent standpoint. but bottom line is wes has been more productive. now you can argue millions of reasons why that is, which we have. but this is a bottom line what have you done for me lately league, and wes holds onto the ball when it hits him in the chest. i must add this though, our team is the worst when it comes to body catching everything, which isnt the easiest thing to do with pads and such on. CHAMBERS CATCHES EVERYTHING THAT HE GETS HIS HANDS ON. but he doesnt use his hands often enough, choosing to body catch and drop passes

I think that the situation is just a lot more complicated than some of you give it credit.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=Q&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=232&Submit=Go

Do you believe those numbers? Steve Smith has 4 more drops, but has caught 62% of the passes thrown his way. Terrell Owens has 7 more drops, but catches 57% of the passes thrown his way. In spite of their struggles, they're still forcing the ball to their playmakers. We don't have that luxury, because our offense as a whole isn't good enough, and Chambers' role in our offense is going to suffer.

I think Chambers' DVOA rating is a reflection of the whole team's performance and I'd take any comments about Chambers that come from Bostonsportsmedia.com with a grain of salt.

On the Football Outsiders site it says "DVOA is still far away from the point where we can use it to represent the value of a player separate from the performance of his ten teammates that are also involved in each play. That means that when we say, "Larry Johnson has a DVOA of 27.6%," what we are really saying is "Larry Johnson, playing in the Kansas City offensive system with the Kansas City offensive line blocking for him and Trent Green selling the fake when necessary, has a DVOA of 27.6%."

Funny thing at the bottom of that Receivers DVOA page...Chambers DVOA rank is #3 for rushing by wide receivers.

bakedmatt said:
I think that the situation is just a lot more complicated than some of you give it credit.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=Q&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=232&Submit=Go

Do you believe those numbers? Steve Smith has 4 more drops, but has caught 62% of the passes thrown his way. Terrell Owens has 7 more drops, but catches 57% of the passes thrown his way. In spite of their struggles, they're still forcing the ball to their playmakers. We don't have that luxury, because our offense as a whole isn't good enough, and Chambers' role in our offense is going to suffer.

Evidently it's too complicated for you to comprehend look at these numbers and tell me which of these recievers would you say is not good enough?

Chambers: 122 Attempts 43% Caught 611 Yards
Welker: 83 Attempts 73% Caught 598 Yards
Booker: 71 Attempts 61% Caught 598 Yards
McMicheal:70 Attempts 66% Caught 467 Yards
Hagan: 32 Attempts 53% Caught 180 Yards

thigg4 said:
I think Chambers' DVOA rating is a reflection of the whole team's performance and I'd take any comments about Chambers that come from Bostonsportsmedia.com with a grain of salt.

On the Football Outsiders site it says "DVOA is still far away from the point where we can use it to represent the value of a player separate from the performance of his ten teammates that are also involved in each play. That means that when we say, "Larry Johnson has a DVOA of 27.6%," what we are really saying is "Larry Johnson, playing in the Kansas City offensive system with the Kansas City offensive line blocking for him and Trent Green selling the fake when necessary, has a DVOA of 27.6%."

Funny thing at the bottom of that Receivers DVOA page...Chambers DVOA rank is #3 for rushing by wide receivers.

Yep. And that's very telling. DVOA is efficient as a measure for an entire offense... NOT individual players.

Disnardo said:
To start with the other guys mentioned have played like that...

and not being a real # 1? I beleive that is what this writer was stating, and it seems that you might think the same...

Well, I wish the writer wouldn't enter such phrases as the worst WR in the NFL, or other phrases making claims that he's "one of the worst". The argument of him being a #1 WR is understandable. That may or may not be true. But, to me he's not only trying to show that, he's making the claim that he's terrible. Which, in my eyes isn't true, nor is his data a showing of that.

bluehaze said:
Evidently it's too complicated for you to comprehend look at these numbers and tell me which of these recievers would you say is not good enough?

Chambers: 122 Attempts 43% Caught 611 Yards
Welker: 83 Attempts 73% Caught 598 Yards
Booker: 71 Attempts 61% Caught 598 Yards
McMicheal:70 Attempts 66% Caught 467 Yards
Hagan: 32 Attempts 53% Caught 180 Yards

Ugh

Are attempts including any passes are are catchable? Hagan has been our worst WR - dropping passes in his mitts 5 times this season.

I remember these rankings from last season, and in spite of having a 1,000-yard season, DVOA ranked Chambers below Marty Booker. What's that all about?!

With Detroit... Most of Joeys WR's had better stats...

Here are interesting stats...they deal with our current QB Joey...

When Hoey was with Detroit in 2002 (5.54 YPA, 50% comp), his # 1 WR (A Hakim) had a 14.6 YPC, caught 45% fo passes; and his # 2 (Shroeder) had 16.5 YPC, caught 47% of passes...

When Joey was with Detroit in 2004 (6.23 YPA, 56% comp), his # 1 WR (A Hakim) had 17.2 YPC, caught 45% of passes; and his # 2 (R. Williams) had 15.1 YPC, caught 45% of passes...

When Joey was with Detroit in 2005 (6.1 YPA, 57% comp), his # 1 WR (R. Williams) had 15.3 YPC, caught 56% of passes...

Of course this was with Joey, now with MIA, Joey has a 6.09 YPA, and 59% comp and what has our #1 WR accomplished with him?

after 7 games with Joey, he had 12.17 YPC, and caught 39% of his passes...

So we can continue to blame Joey but the stats above don't follow the Detroit trend... it shows another issue or at least it kind of eliminates him from this current CC issue...

rdhstlr23 said:
Well, I wish the writer wouldn't enter such phrases as the worst WR in the NFL, or other phrases making claims that he's "one of the worst". The argument of him being a #1 WR is understandable. That may or may not be true. But, to me he's not only trying to show that, he's making the claim that he's terrible. Which, in my eyes isn't true, nor is his data a showing of that.
What can be overlooked is that this writer is from Baastiin...he is a Pats fan and writes for them, so he wants those readers to read his stuff...

Disnardo said:
Here are interesting stats...they deal with our current QB Joey...

When Hoey was with Detroit in 2002 (5.54 YPA, 50% comp)), his # 1 WR (A Hakim) had a 14.6 YPC, caught 45% fo passes; and his # 2 (Shroeder) had 16.5 YPC, caught 47% of passes...

When Joey was with Detroit in 2004 (6.23 YPA, 56% comp)), his # 1 WR (A Hakim) had 17.2 YPC, caught 45% of passes; and his # 2 (R. Williams) had 15.1 YPC, caught 45% of passes...

When Joey was with Detroit in 2005 (6.1 YPA, 57% comp)), his # 1 WR (R. Williams) had 15.3 YPC, caught 56% of passes...

Of course this was with Joey, now with MIA, Joey has a 6.09 YPA, and 59% comp and what has our #1 WR accomplished with him?

after 7 games with Joey, he had 12.17 YPC, and caught 39% of his passes...

So we can continue to blame Joey but the stats above don't follwo the Detroit trend... it shows another issue or at least it kind of eliminates him from this current CC issue...

Hey, where is it showing that Chambers has caught 39% of passes thrown from Joey?

bakedmatt said:
Ugh

Are attempts including any passes are are catchable? Hagan has been our worst WR - dropping passes in his mitts 5 times this season.

They are attempts not neccesarily catchable but plays intended for the reciever that were not completed for any number of reasons, running the wrong routes, not getting open, dropped passes, and yes even poor throws. Now by comparison Chambers stats are laughable compared to the other recievers you mention:

(Att/Yards/TD's/ Comp %)

Terrell Owens
121 915 8 57%

Steve Smith
107 958 6 62%

Chris Chambers
122 611 4 43%

bakedmatt said:
Hey, where is it showing that Chambers has caught 39% of passes thrown from Joey?
Look it up... I took every gameday stat from NFL.COm play-by play... and came up with the numbers... here is a thread of mine from last week...if you don't believe me go ahead and take a few hours to look it up...

Link to Thread: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=172151

clear.gif
Dolphins Primary Receving Stats with Daunte and Joey...
Some of the post recently has shown some curiosity on weather Daunte or Joey help the the Dolphin's receiving corp... so I seperated the 1st 4 games of the season with Daunte and the other 7 games with Joey...

I laid out the "thrown to" as attempts, completions, and "yards per catch" (YPC)...

The 1st 4 games "on left" and last 7 "on the right"...

Wes= 26 att, 18 comp, 222 yds (12.33)-39 att, 26 comp, 255 yds (9.8)
Caught 69% of passes thrown to.........Caught 67% of passes thrown to

Cris= 39 att, 16 comp, 181 yds(11.31)-59 att, 23 comp, 280 yds (12.17)
Caught 41% of passes thrown to.........Caught 39% of passes thrown to

MB= 21 att, 11 comp, 173 yds(15.72)-40 att, 25 comp, 342 yds (13.68)
Caught 52% of passes thrown to.........Caught 63% of passes thrown to

Ronnie= 18 att, 18 comp, 143 yds(7.94)-14 att, 10 comp, 111 yds (11.1)
Caught 100% of passes thrown to........Caught 71% of passes thrown to

Randy= 17 att, 10 comp, 113 yds(11.3)-42 att, 28 comp, 256 yds (9.14)
Caught 59% of passes thrown to..........Caught 67% of passes thrown to

Just giving more light to all the QB, receivers questions...

bluehaze said:
They are attempts not neccesarily catchable but plays intended for the reciever that were not completed for any number of reasons, running the wrong routes, not getting open, dropped passes, and yes even poor throws. Now by comparison Chambers stats are laughable compared to the other recievers you mention:

(Att/Yards/TD's/ Comp %)

Terrell Owens 121915857%

Steve Smith
107958662%

Chris Chambers
122611443%

I wouldn't be surprised if you proved to me that Smith and Owens are better at getting open, I know they're better receivers. I'm suggesting that the plays that Chris has run are lower-percentage and that the QB is innaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom