Article absolutely KILLING Chambers | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article absolutely KILLING Chambers

Do you have that quote on your wall or something? You pull it out in every chambers thread, probably 9 times in this thread. You are a huge Joey supporter, and I can respect that, yet you say support Joey he is on our team we should support all Dolphins, etc. etc. Even if you didn't say it, someone else did, and you agree.

So to me it really means support all Dolphins, unless it involves support for Joey, then we must defend Joey.

well here is a rebuttal:

"In hindsight, I should have thrown it out of the end zone."

Anyways on to Chambers, I think some of us place too much value in the #1 receiver. QB play, RB and OL I think are much more important. Look at San Diego. Who on there is a true #1 receiver? Shore up the OL, and I can almost guarantee the QB, RB and WR all play better. IS Chambers an ELITE #1 receiver, maybe not. Is he a good #1? There are ton of teams that have worse ones, and I bet they would love a CC on their team.

jdang307 said:
Do you have that quote on your wall or something? You pull it out in every chambers thread, probably 9 times in this thread. You are a huge Joey supporter, and I can respect that, yet you say support Joey he is on our team we should support all Dolphins, etc. etc. Even if you didn't say it, someone else did, and you agree.

So to me it really means support all Dolphins, unless it involves support for Joey, then we must defend Joey.

well here is a rebuttal:

"In hindsight, I should have thrown it out of the end zone."

Anyways on to Chambers, I think some of us place too much value in the #1 receiver. QB play, RB and OL I think are much more important. Look at San Diego. Who on there is a true #1 receiver? Shore up the OL, and I can almost guarantee the QB, RB and WR all play better. IS Chambers an ELITE #1 receiver, maybe not. Is he a good #1? There are ton of teams that have worse ones, and I bet they would love a CC on their team.

What does Joey have to do with this? I don't care who is at QB if your recievers don't run the proper routes, don't catch the ball, lack consistency in general it doesn't matter who you put behind center they are all going to look bad.

Oh i just put Joey in there since you mentioned it about two posts above. But you bring up a good point, you say you don't care who the QB is if receivers don't run the right routes, etc. and I say I agree. I also don't care who the WR if the QB doesn't do their job and deliver the ball effectively (in this case deep passes).

We know Chambers can get it done, maybe not elite status but #1 stats, second tier type stats, I mean a pro-bowl several season of around 900-1000 yards and around 10 TDs. The fact that we even debate whether or not he deserves to be called Elite means he's pretty damn good. Or else we'd be discussing if he should even be on the team.

Our QB on the other hand ... What has he ever done btw? Anything to merit significant praise except the fact he was at the helm on a 4 game winning streak in which the defense clearly was responsible for 3?

I think that Chambers and Mare are both in the same boat here. Both guys that were automatic a few years ago. Mare could kick everything you put in front of him and Chambers could catch anything you put in front of him, beside him, behind him, under him... you get the picture.

As much as I like both of these guys, I really do hope to see somebody else kicking next year and Chambers either traded or moved down a notch.

It's exactly right about the highlight reel stuff. If you watched Chris doing his thing like that, you'd think he was the #1 receiver in the league, but we all know to well how inconsistant he is. Of course, in his defense, it doesn't help that we have no consistancy at QB either. I like the guy and wish he could excel, but it's just too much up and down with him.

He's probably not the worst WR in the league, but he leaves room for a lot of questions. He has the talent to be up there with the best, however, he doesn't play hard all the time, doesn't play DB to stop interception, and doesn't help his QB by coming back to him. On top of all the he drops way too many passes.

If CC wants to be regarded as a top rated WR in this league he as to improve in the all the areas above. Most of all he needs to HELP his QB and CATCH the ball.

jdang307 said:
Oh i just put Joey in there since you mentioned it about two posts above. But you bring up a good point, you say you don't care who the QB is if receivers don't run the right routes, etc. and I say I agree. I also don't care who the WR if the QB doesn't do their job and deliver the ball effectively (in this case deep passes).

We know Chambers can get it done, maybe not elite status but #1 stats, second tier type stats, I mean a pro-bowl several season of around 900-1000 yards and around 10 TDs. The fact that we even debate whether or not he deserves to be called Elite means he's pretty damn good. Or else we'd be discussing if he should even be on the team.

Our QB on the other hand ... What has he ever done btw? Anything to merit significant praise except the fact he was at the helm on a 4 game winning streak in which the defense clearly was responsible for 3?

The point you are missing though is that Chambers has had 5 or 6 different QB's and has always had the same problems. There comes a point where you have to stop changing QB's and start changing recievers in order to assess the problem.

Chambers has had respectable seasons for a 2nd or 3rd reciever but they pale in comparison to other #1's and in order to put up the equivalent numbers to other #1's Chambers requires 50% more attempts, I just think he hurts this team more than he helps it.

Superself said:
Yeah and so are most of the primary WRs in the NFL. That is no excuse. :shakeno:

He said that defenses don't scheme against him, but certainly they're concerned with him.

I don't buy the article.....

Like Terrell Owens once said...."A Wide Receiver is only as good as his QB".

If Chambers had played with Marino, I gaurantee he would be blowing up numbers. Heck right now you could argue O.J. McDuffie was/is better than Chambers....but you have to give boith players a chance to play with a good QB.

So far, C. Chambers is only as good as:

Fiedler
Lucas
Rosenfels
Greise
Feeley
Frerotte

Now ask yourself, which QB off that list would you take right now?

Chambers will be a #1 Reciever, when we get a #1 Quarterback.

Throw in Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne or Torry Holt in there with Harrington as their QB or any of those QB's I mentioned on the list, and they too will become your average, "so-called" Chris Chambers'.....

Predaphin said:

If Chambers had played with Marino, I gaurantee he would be blowing up numbers. Heck right now you could argue O.J. McDuffie was/is better than Chambers....but you have to give boith players a chance to play with a good QB.

Fiedler
Lucas
Rosenfels
Greise
Feeley

Frerotte

Throw in Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne or Torry Holt in there with Harrington as their QB or any of those QB's I mentioned on the list, and they too will become your average, "so-called" Chris Chambers'.....

maybe if chambers doesnt drop so many passes, harrington would look his way...i dont blame our qb whoever it is to not look at the guy who keeps dropping passes

Predaphin said:

Fiedler
Lucas
Rosenfels
Greise
Feeley
Frerotte

why not... the other two recievers on his team have better numbers..same qb too. The article is backed up by the numbers... all CC had to do to have better numbers is catch the ones that hit him. Marino would have quit throwing to his pass dropping az.

He is a good receiver, just not a good number one receiver. IMO

last paragraph

I don't buy this...THEY would still catch the ball, which CC is not.

I want it to be made perfectly clear that I think we can definitely afford to improve our WR core. There wasn't a player in this upcoming draft that I wanted more than Calvin Johnson. Our WRs aren't all they've been cracked up to be and I include Chris Chambers in that discussion. When he's your #1 receiver, you can't expect to have a great passing game, because he's limited.

My beef is with the DPAR rankings and how ludicrous they are. Chris Chambers is not the worst WR in the league by a long shot.

The article I'm sure is biased. The article has some good points but makes some extreme over-exaggerations.

He's not the worst WR in the NFL. Everyone gets so hell-bent on the drops. Heck, most of our team drops passes. T.O. seems to drop a big pass every game. Everyone talked about the Jags WRs always dropping balls, but look at the game Matt Jones had...

People have to remember the NFL is the ultimate team sport. Every position on the team is a reaction to something the other player does. It's just like Ronnie Brown. How can we measure Ronnie Brown's success when by scouts, coaches, players, and informed fans' admissions of a below standard offensive line. How can we measure Chambers success with an offense that doesn't have all the correct pieces? Like an OC staying for more than a year, learning a new system/language/etc. each year, a new QB almost every year, a below par QB, etc. etc. It's hard.

I don't think Chambers has played like those other guys mentioned, who has? But all those WRs have pieces in place for success. They have a QB determined to get him the ball. A QB capable of making all of the throws (not taking away the deep part, or short part of the field). An offensive line capable of sustaining blocks to give the QB time. A QB that can get outside the pocket and make plays. An OC that has been around for a while. A system that has been in place multiple years, etc. All those top WRs have a combination of those things. We have none.

Chambers plays hard. He may lose focus, but every football does. I always see Chambers blocking downfield, etc. I always see Chambers involved in celebrations when his teammates make plays. He's a team player. Is he a #1 WR? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not willing to dump the guy until I percieve a team with an offensive system in place, and adequate QB, and adequate OLine. On the flip side, I'm not against trading the guy, if it brings in something better. I just think ultimately we have far bigger problems leading the ultimately poor offensive numbers/showing/execution/etc. than Chris Chambers.

As Nick Saban said it himself last year... "Chambers is a DECENT WR"...

Back
Top Bottom