Article absolutely KILLING Chambers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article absolutely KILLING Chambers

bakedmatt said:
He's still double-covered in every game this season.

Yeah and so are most of the primary WRs in the NFL. That is no excuse. :shakeno:

FanMarino said:
You are right. Thats half the problem when rating and comparing No1 WR's. How many Steve Smiths are there in the League? Most NFL "Elite" WR's bring something to the table which we lack. CONSISTENCY.Steve Smith IS Steve Smith. You can say the same about the Johnsons, Chambers, Owens, Coles, Galloways, Harrisons, Drivers, Holts and Wards of this world. We lack a No1 WR that is producing it every season. Time for a new No1 WR IMO. I am a fan of Chambers but i think we have been starved of a decent QB/WR combo for some yrs now.
Some of you guys must know how much we are paying Chambers? I would like to know how it compares to some of the "elite WR's" in the NFL that have produced on a consistent basis and are No1 on their teams.

If you are labeling that short list of WRs as inconsistent...then I disagree.

Holt and Ward are consistent....pump your brakes a bit there mate!

Good read, It's painfully obvious Chambers hurts the team more than he helps it. Just look at the Jags game for a perfect example. In order for Chambers to have a good day we have to force feed him and it hurts our offense. In the Jags game we threw 40% of the passes to Chambers. It looks like he had a great day but when you consider what other recievers did this week in fewer attempts it becomes obvious the only reason he had such a great day was due to the lopsided number of attempts to get him the ball:

Chris Chambers 15 Att 8 Catches 121 Yards 0TD
Tony Gonzalez 11 Att 9 Catches 107 Yards 2TD
Eddie Kennison 9 Att 7 Catches 117 Yards 1TD
Marvin Harrison 9 Att 7 Catches 172 Yards 1 TD
Mike Furrey 12 ATT 9 Catches 123 Yards 1TD
Santana Moss 9 Att 7 Catches 123 Yards 1TD

This is just from this week alone, if you go back further the comparison is embarassing.

Superself said:
If you are labeling that short list of WRs as inconsistent...then I disagree.

Holt and Ward are consistent....pump your brakes a bit there mate!

I meant the opposite. Sorry if you read it wrong. They are all consistent in my book.

The reason Chambers hasn't been able to go down the field is because the Offensive line cannot block long enough for the deeper routes. If you noticed, the last few games we have won, we were running short crossing and out routes to get the ball out of Joey’s hand quickly. That is also why Joey’s sack numbers have gone down. I believe last year's O-line was a better pass blocking line and gave Chambers a chance to run the deeper routes were he excels.

Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Donald Driver, Torry Holt. To a man, each of those wide receivers have numbers that make Chambers' look shambolic. None have caught fewer than 52% of the balls thrown towards them, and they've had to play with Drew Bledsoe, David Carr, Kurt Warner, Matt Leinart and the poorly-calibrated JUGS machine that is Brett Favre.
This part is ridiculous to me. For them to say that these were poor QBs to play with.

Drew Bledsoe - wasn't bad at all up until this season really and T.O. was only with him for half a season
David Carr - not bad either, and it's not like Andre Johnson is elite anyway
Kurt Warner - was amazing when he was in his prime and before he got that concussion a few years back, ever since then Holt has had Bulger throwing to him
Matt Leinart - new QB, so not much to say
Brett Favre - just wow, it's brett ****ing favre, the guy has had a hall of fame career

bluehaze said:
Good read, It's painfully obvious Chambers hurts the team more than he helps it. Just look at the Jags game for a perfect example. In order for Chambers to have a good day we have to force feed him and it hurts our offense. In the Jags game we threw 40% of the passes to Chambers. It looks like he had a great day but when you consider what other recievers did this week in fewer attempts it becomes obvious the only reason he had such a great day was due to the lopsided number of attempts to get him the ball:

This is just from this week alone, if you go back further the comparison is embarassing.
Did you ever stop to think that Joey is a one read quarterback. He locks on to the primary receiver, and if he isn't open, he will either throw it anyway or go to his checkdown. He doesn't go through his second or third options. that is the problem. Are you stupid enough to think that the coaches would tell Joey to throw it to chris no matter what?

MIAdolphin89 said:
This part is ridiculous to me. For them to say that these were poor QBs to play with.

Drew Bledsoe - wasn't bad at all up until this season really and T.O. was only with him for half a season
David Carr - not bad either, and it's not like Andre Johnson is elite anyway
Kurt Warner - was amazing when he was in his prime and before he got that concussion a few years back, ever since then Holt has had Bulger throwing to him
Matt Leinart - new QB, so not much to say
Brett Favre - just wow, it's brett ****ing favre, the guy has had a hall of fame career

Andre Johnson is leading the league in receptions and has almost 1000 yards. Bledsoe and Warner have been years away from their prime for a couple of years now. Carr isn't bad, but he isn't that good. And Favre has been bad for the last couple of years now.

bluehaze said:

Well that just shows we need to get a QB who makes his attempts good attempts, and not forced passes (i.e. Joey's int in the endzone) bad passes (int at the end of the half). Those are two attemps Chambers probably had no chance of catching, yet you can count them against Chambers? Nicely done.

We need a QB, it ain't Joey. If it isn't a healthy Culpepper next year (since we can't predict how he is going to comeback) then it needs to be someone else. I'm all for Cleo Lemon next year if Cpep is crappy again. I mean you can point the fact that he only performed against 3rd stringers, but that's because we haven't put him in against 1st stringers.

FEARDAFINS said:
Did you ever stop to think that Joey is a one read quarterback. He locks on to the primary receiver, and if he isn't open, he will either throw it anyway or go to his checkdown. He doesn't go through his second or third options. that is the problem. Are you stupid enough to think that the coaches would tell Joey to throw it to chris no matter what?

Not sure what your going off about. Every game leading up to this game Harrington has spread the ball around evenly amongst all our recievers. The Detroit game Chambers got less looks and we had the most explosive offense we have had all year now the Jags game is the total opposite we give all the looks to Chambers and the Offense sputters. Welker was out for several plays to get Chambers more involved. It is obvious to me at least that in this game they wanted Harrington to get Chambers more involved and all the playcalling was focused on that.

dplunk said:
Andre Johnson is leading the league in receptions and has almost 1000 yards. Bledsoe and Warner have been years away from their prime for a couple of years now. Carr isn't bad, but he isn't that good. And Favre has been bad for the last couple of years now.

But the article makes it sound like T.O. had Bledsoe throwing to him for most of his career or something even though it was only like half a season. Before that he had Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, and Donovan McNabb throwing him the ball. And then with Torry Holt, he had Kurt Warner while he was in his prime (even though i'm not trying to argue that Chambers is as good as Holt). And Donald Driver spent his career with Favre when he was in his prime. All in all, what I'm pointing out is that most of the elite receivers in the NFL have spent the majority of their careers with at least good QBs and this excerpt from the article seems to be contradicting itself in saying that they were bad QBs.

jdang307 said:
Well that just shows we need to get a QB who makes his attempts good attempts, and not forced passes (i.e. Joey's int in the endzone) bad passes (int at the end of the half). Those are two attemps Chambers probably had no chance of catching, yet you can count them against Chambers? Nicely done.

We need a QB, it ain't Joey. If it isn't a healthy Culpepper next year (since we can't predict how he is going to comeback) then it needs to be someone else. I'm all for Cleo Lemon next year if Cpep is crappy again. I mean you can point the fact that he only performed against 3rd stringers, but that's because we haven't put him in against 1st stringers.

Chambers had worse production with Culpepper, I mean hell Mike Furrey had a better day than Chambers with Kitna throwing him the ball against the Pats. Chambers has had this problem with every QB Miami has had. The highest catch % Chambers has had in his 6 years here is 53% in comparison to the average of 63% for the rest of the league even in his best year he was down in production compared to other recievers.

Even Chambers himself took blame for running the wrong routes in the Jags game:

"There were a couple of red-zone shots that I didn't take advantage of by maybe running the wrong route, particularly in the beginning of the game.''

Back
Top Bottom