Article: Are Jets fans dilusional? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Are Jets fans dilusional?

Um, no it doesn't. Rick mirer was the rookie of the year. How did the rest of his career go? Sanchez had one of the worst seasons I have ever seen a QB have and he had about as good of a situation as there was for any QB.

And I despise Jets fans (2 of my best friends are Jets fans and they are beyond annoying talking about them) but it's good to be delusional. That's what being a fan is about. Even though their playoff run was a complete fraud, they got in and made some big name moves. So while I think they will fall on their faces and will bet money on them finishing under their projected win total, they have every right to be excited. That's what the offseason is about.

This post is a perfect example of why it's hard to talk to Fin fans.

Rick Mirer? What does he have to do with anything? Or, are you you just pulling names out of a hat and trying to compare Sanchez to them?

Sanchez started the season with very little college experience, he had only one quality WR in Cotchery when the season began. He picked up a slightly better then average WR in Edwards after the season was under way & had major growing pains with Keller at TE. Not exactly a great situation to come into.

The playoff run was a fraud? Winning 2 playoff games against div winners, on the road and leading the AFCCG is not a fraud.

What's a fraud, is the Fin's 2008 season. All those wins, a div title and you still couldn't do anything with it.

Jones was never as talented of a back as LT, he had the luxury of running behind arguably the best run blocking o-line in the league the past 2 years. I will bet you (sig bet?) Jones has fewer yards than LT this season.
Why stop there? I'm willing to bet the Jets don't come anywhere clsoe to 12 games. They will not have a better record than the Dolphins, book it.

This post is a perfect example of why it's hard to talk to Fin fans.

Rick Mirer? What does he have to do with anything? Or, are you you just pulling names out of a hat and trying to compare Sanchez to them?

Sanchez started the season with very little college experience, he had only one quality WR in Cotchery when the season began. He picked up a slightly better then average WR in Edwards after the season was under way & had major growing pains with Keller at TE. Not exactly a great situation to come into.

The playoff run was a fraud? Winning 2 playoff games against div winners, on the road and leading the AFCCG is not a fraud.

What's a fraud, is the Fin's 2008 season. All those wins, a div title and you still couldn't do anything with it.

Actually that was a Bills fan, idiot. Jets were a fraud. That will will be proven soon enough as you see you really are nothing but the 8-8 at best team you were last year that shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with. Enjoy the SOJ season.

Actually that was a Bills fan, idiot. Jets were a fraud. That will will be proven soon enough as you see you really are nothing but the 8-8 at best team you were last year that shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with. Enjoy the SOJ season.

Even you don't believe the Jets are an 8-8 team. You're speaking from the hate and bile in your system for the Jets and not a rational objective thought process. The Jets were a more talented team than the Dolphins last season and the talent only improved for both teams. True the Dolphins did win the two games against the Jets, but that was a team who played better those games and not a team who was more talented. Dolphins fans admit the Jets were stacked talent wise last season. They use this to explain why Sanchez sucks: The Jets were a stacked team whose rookie QB held them back.

Missed the Bills thing, my bad. As far as what you have to say.....Blah, blah, blah. You really have nothing to say. I'm figuring you have 3 set responses to any Jet comment, "Indy laid down", "Didn't deserve to be there" & "Your coach is fat"

I've been a Jet fan long enough to know they can easily have a SOJ season, and if the do I'll enjoy it about as much as your players enjoyed watching the playoffs last season....From the couch.

Why stop there? I'm willing to bet the Jets don't come anywhere clsoe to 12 games. They will not have a better record than the Dolphins, book it.

I appreciate your in depth analysis. Good job. :up:

What was fraudulent was the Fins playoff appearance in '08, as evidenced by the thrashing they took at home against a playoff team. The '09 Jets on the other hand went on the road and took out 2 division winners, proving they were a worthy playoff team.

It's hysterical that you fail to see the facts here and continue to blow smoke. Try dealing with reality some time. It seems as if you're the delusional one to me.

Your homerism is amusing though, please keep it up.

I don't believe you were an 8-8 team? Umm, yes, I really do. You would of not beat Indy had they kept their starters in. You were an 8-8 team at best last year. That fluke season will become very evident this year, Enjoy SOJ.

I appreciate your in depth analysis. Good job. :up:

What was fraudulent was the Fins playoff appearance in '08, as evidenced by the thrashing they took at home against a playoff team. The '09 Jets on the other hand went on the road and took out 2 division winners, proving they were a worthy playoff team.

It's hysterical that you fail to see the facts here and continue to blow smoke. Try dealing with reality some time. It seems as if you're the delusional one to me.

Your homerism is amusing though, please keep it up.
The homerism is Jets fans actually thinking they have a legit shot to win 12 games. Now that's just ****ing hilarious. What was fluke about our season? We played a very, very soft schedule. and beat all those weak teams. Many people, including myself, were expecting 8-8, 9-7 at best last year with having one of the hardest schedules in the NFL. But don't say I never told you so when the Jets fail to make the playoffs in your sitting at home ready to hang yourself after giving your team very high expectations like a 12 win season, something you won't come remotely close to. Like I've been saying, sit back and enjoy SOJ, I certainly can't wait myself. Like you said, sig bet. If Jets have a better record, you can pick a sig for me to use here. If Dolphins have a better record, I'll gladly pick a sig for you to use at TGG.

The homerism is Jets fans actually thinking they have a legit shot to win 12 games. Now that's just ****ing hilarious. What was fluke about our season? We played a very, very soft schedule. and beat all those weak teams. Many people, including myself, were expecting 8-8, 9-7 at best last year with having one of the hardest schedules in the NFL. But don't say I never told you so when the Jets fail to make the playoffs in your sitting at home ready to hang yourself after giving your team very high expectations like a 12 win season, something you won't come remotely close to. Like I've been saying, sit back and enjoy SOJ, I certainly can't wait myself. Like you said, sig bet. If Jets have a better record, you can pick a sig for me to use here. If Dolphins have a better record, I'll gladly pick a sig for you to use at TGG.

I'll take your bet, but let's make it avatars instead. And how long will you have to use the avatar when the Jets win the division?

edit:
I wanted to make it a bet based on Tomlinson rushing yards vs. Thomas Jones rushing yards, but I actually like this better.

If the teams finish with the same record, tie breaker should go to head-head. If that leaves us with a tie, no one wins. Sound good?

I'll take your bet, but let's make it avatars instead. And how long will you have to use the avatar when the Jets win the division?

edit:
I wanted to make it a bet based on Tomlinson rushing yards vs. Thomas Jones rushing yards, but I actually like this better.

If the teams finish with the same record, tie breaker should go to head-head. If that leaves us with a tie, no one wins. Sound good?
Sounds good to me. Since you'll be the one using this avatar, I'll give you the pleasure of choosing how long to use it for.

Um, no it doesn't. Rick mirer was the rookie of the year. How did the rest of his career go? Sanchez had one of the worst seasons I have ever seen a QB have and he had about as good of a situation as there was for any QB.

And I despise Jets fans (2 of my best friends are Jets fans and they are beyond annoying talking about them) but it's good to be delusional. That's what being a fan is about. Even though their playoff run was a complete fraud, they got in and made some big name moves. So while I think they will fall on their faces and will bet money on them finishing under their projected win total, they have every right to be excited. That's what the offseason is about.

Our playoff run was a complete fraud:lol:- what would you guys(10 years and counting) give to have such a complete fraud run?

how are phins fans trying to talk when they havent won a playoff game in 10 years. soj? same old dolphins

It's nice to know that R&R Express still has zero intelligent things to add to any given conversation.

Back
Top Bottom