Article: "Christian Wilkins playing like a first rounder" Really??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: "Christian Wilkins playing like a first rounder" Really???

Know what else does? Our four first picks of the 2021 draft...all playing good football as rookies. Waddle, Phillips, Holland, and Eich.
Yep. While my support of him has been wanting lately, it appears I have way more patience than a lot of people here, including the OP.

Maybe the author is looking at his PFF grade and making the assumption he is playing better than he is....I don't know. I haven't been able to re-watch anything this season.

Wilkins has a PFF grade of 76.3, Sieler has a grade of 76.7.

I don't think these two are the problem on defense but something is off.

We are getting gashed for chunk yardage in the run game and don't seem to be getting much consistent pressure on the QB's.

This looks more like the defense I expected to see last year than it does an improved unit over 2020. What is different? We should be better.

The problem IMO is lining up too frequently in a 2-3-6, etc...

Know what else does? Our four first picks of the 2021 draft...all playing good football as rookies. Waddle, Phillips, Holland, and Eich.

But they COULD have had . . .
Stick with the narrative

Wilkins is decent but that's where it ends with him. He's not a real good or great dlineman and never will be. He is what he is.
Don’t know what kind of talent evaluation skills you have but Wilkins is a very solid player and he’s only going to get better. With Davis out he’s playing great

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...ilkins-playing-like-first-rounder/6029508001/

I strongly disagree with this article. Christian Wilkins IS NOT playing like a first rounder this year (nor is anyone else on Miami's 2021 D-Line) or in previous years. He's good for a good play every game or two combined with lots of times when he's blown off the ball or stalemated. He's not a bad player, but he's no blue chip prospect. Why on earth Grier and Flores wanted Wilkins over his Clemson D-Line teammate Dexter Lawrence is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that Wilkins is more athletic, but Lawrence is a better football player.
Busts also play like 1st rounders when they're drafted in the 1st round.

Joe Schad is the fox news/msnbc propaganda machine for the team.

Wilkins is fine, but will probably never be mistaken for an All-Pro. We seem to draft a lot of these types :ponder:

A bad player drafted in the 1st round "plays like a 1st rounder" by the very nature of being drafted in the 1st round.

Players drafted with high expectation such as those drafted in the 1st round who don't live up to those expectations are referred to as "Busts".

Hope this helped. Good luck in the future.

A bad player drafted in the 1st round "plays like a 1st rounder" by the very nature of being drafted in the 1st round.

Players drafted with high expectation such as those drafted in the 1st round who don't live up to those expectations are referred to as "Busts".

Hope this helped. Good luck in the future.

Ah it did help! Thank you. Now I understand your confusion. And appreciate the good luck, but I have faith in your ability to grasp this so I think we can achieve this without luck.

So when folks are saying these things, it’s more in terms of context surrounding “expectations” than strict definitions. It goes somewhat unsaid but I can understand confusion if English isn’t your first language or you’re an incredibly literal thinker

So when you hear things like “he isn’t playing like a first rounder”, they mean the player had a certain degree of expectation placed upon him, and he is not meeting these expectations. NOT that they are doubting his literal historic draft position.

Hope it clears things up! Go fins!

Ah it did help! Thank you. Now I understand your confusion. And appreciate the good luck, but I have faith in your ability to grasp this so I think we can achieve this without luck.

So when folks are saying these things, it’s more in terms of context surrounding “expectations” than strict definitions. It goes somewhat unsaid but I can understand confusion if English isn’t your first language or you’re an incredibly literal thinker

So when you hear things like “he isn’t playing like a first rounder”, they mean the player had a certain degree of expectation placed upon him, and he is not meeting these expectations. NOT that they are doubting his literal historic draft position.

Hope it clears things up! Go fins!
Congratulations on English being your first language. That is likely the crowning achievement of your life. Now apply the concept of feigned ignorance and I think you can take it the rest of the way home. No shame in catching up to the rest of us, many, many years late. Never stop learning.

Back
Top Bottom