Article;Edwin Pope:Heard it here first: Fiedler ready for breakout season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article;Edwin Pope:Heard it here first: Fiedler ready for breakout season

Hey Chambers84, don't blame our losses to playoff teams on our defense. Just because you're in love with Jay is no reason to try to find blame somewhere else. Our defense is not the one who is throwing stupid passes and our defense is not the one who can't get the ball downfield with any velocity on his passes. Jay is mediocre at best so live with it. You act like Jay is the second coming of Joe Montana or Dan Marino. You need a serious reality check. Take your blinders off.

WTF!?! Jay was the reason Baltimore had 226 yds rushing against us.....running RIGHT UP THE GUT??

You talk about blinders...........

Scrap Iron.....
What kind of prescription coke bottles you wearin there kid?

Our defense in successive years, have given up 38 points to denver with about 250 yds rushing(gonna blame Dan for that? Let me guess, no....)

Dan is obviously the person to blame in the Buiffalo game where they had over 300yds rushing.

62 points to Jacksonville, and a good few of those points we couldn't stop JAY FIEDLER. But that must have been Dan's fault as well.

Terry Allen runs for about 200yds himself, obviously Jay's fault. Man, get a life, and take off the coke bottles.

Too bad Dan "lost" all those other playoff losses all by himself, mamn Dan must have sucked major ass to give up that many points and rushing yards on defense1

No one showed up at the Baltimore game. It wasn't Jays fault at all, but he did not do anything in that game. That game was the defenses fault and Chan's because the playcalling was just awful.

I believe Jay will have a good year. He'll at least have a better year than last year. I, however, do not feel he will have a Pro Bowl or All Pro year.

Originally posted by Scrap Iron
Hey Chambers84, don't blame our losses to playoff teams on our defense. Just because you're in love with Jay is no reason to try to find blame somewhere else. Our defense is not the one who is throwing stupid passes and our defense is not the one who can't get the ball downfield with any velocity on his passes. Jay is mediocre at best so live with it. You act like Jay is the second coming of Joe Montana or Dan Marino. You need a serious reality check. Take your blinders off.

Scrap Iron=KB21? hmmmmm

One other thing. I find it funny how fans of the Dolphins keep insisting that Jay Fiedler is a back up, when his own O- coordinator is saying the opposite.

I guess some of you guys know more than the coaches. Makes sense since your not coaching Jay, don't see him everyday in practice, and don't break down the film of those practices.

Yea, I trust your opinion over Norv Turners, cause you obviously know more that that idiot right?

Sure.

87...you're right, can't wait to see jay in a real offense! ricky, norv, konrad, and one of our tight ends will make jay!

Originally posted by Scrap Iron
Anyone who thinks that Fiedler is a Pro-Bowler is smoking crack!!! He is a second stringer masquerading as a starter.

And we should believe you because you say so>>>????????

I'll trust what Norv Turmer says over what you say anyday, and don't even think your going to come back here and say I told you so.
You ain't said DIDLY SQUAT!!!

I think Jay is good enough to start, but he is average. His WRs, Williams, and Konrad will make him look a lot better than what he actually is.

Originally posted by dolfan87
One other thing. I find it funny how fans of the Dolphins keep insisting that Jay Fiedler is a back up, when his own O- coordinator is saying the opposite.

I guess some of you guys know more than the coaches. Makes sense since your not coaching Jay, don't see him everyday in practice, and don't break down the film of those practices.

Yea, I trust your opinion over Norv Turners, cause you obviously know more that that idiot right?

Sure.

Oh 87....don't ya know by now.

Fiedler will always be scrutinezed as long as he is a Dolphins player. He is the first one to follow a legend. Look at what Bills fans and their QBs had to go through.

Something is being said negative about him: "Hail the media"
Something is being said positively about him: "The media is showing homerism and is just politically correct"

Its cool to see three different theads to the same subject and article on three different MBs though....

Here is what I wrote on dolfantalk.com to the same subject:

One quote which really stands out:
"What Fiedler has been most of his two seasons here is a whipping boy for lack of an all-around offense."

and another one: Now ask Turner, who replies: "Jay can be a Pro Bowler."

You know what is funny though. There is not that many Jay bashers in south FL at least not under Dolfans. This hype that Jay is the worst
QB ever to play with the Dolphins is absolutely not true.

The boos directed towards Fiedler were generally not as often and much as anybody would think. Boos usually occured in general for an
offense in general....

Most fans are aware of Fiedler's tendency for INTs and the fans get kinda choked up and praying when he drops back to pass. But the
bitching in my areas of seating (and I switched a couple times last year) remained down to the level of any other player.

The "fiedler-no thank you" campaign is mostly done by the media who misses that glamourous Dan Marin picture (I guess there is no need
to like a comeback kid a la 'The Replacements' in the south Florida media) and some grunchy Dolfans who can not let go of the past.

I tell you that much though. More and more Jay Fiedler jerseys popped up last year. Fiedler has been more accepted by Dolfans than it is
led to believe by reading the media outlets or MBs.

The funny part of course is: that even the greatest "Fiedler homer" still acknowledges his weaknesses while most of the critics see the bad
only...no positives whatsoever.

While the talk is a lot about "Fiedler needs surrounding talent" people forget that every QB needs that i.e. Warner without Faulk or
Candidate, Manning without the edge...heck even the great Marino needed surrounding talent.

And the talk is that "Fiedler is only a limited QB"...which may be very well true but it holds water for every QB whoever played the
game...heck the great Marino couldn't hand off for doo-doo..so he was limited to the passing game.

To summarize my long boring post: Fiedler is more accepted by Dolfans as most of you think. Those who go to the games know.

It is really not that bad....LOL

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Did Fiedler pay him to write that? lol I hope Fiedler does well, but I don't think he will. He just doesn't have the natural ability.
Norv know nothings about O right
Now ask Turner, who replies: ``Jay can be a Pro Bowler.''

Originally posted by FFiB
To summarize my long boring post: Fiedler is more accepted by Dolfans as most of you think. Those who go to the games know.

It is really not that bad....LOL [/B]

It is those last few (33% or so ?) that seem to be oblivious to the fact that the QB alone (Peyton Manning) cannot win games that gets soooo frustrating. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolphan39

It is those last few (33% or so ?) that seem to be oblivious to the fact that the QB alone (Peyton Manning) cannot win games that gets soooo frustrating. :rolleyes:

33%?

I would say its much less than that......heck if we hit 10% that would be high.....

In 3 sections last year the booing and the dissatisfaction with Fiedler was by large outnumbered by those who supported him.

where did you get 33% from? LOL....just curious....

:p

Back
Top Bottom