Article;Edwin Pope:Heard it here first: Fiedler ready for breakout season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article;Edwin Pope:Heard it here first: Fiedler ready for breakout season

Guys, I've always been.............

a Jay basher as you know. I'm rooting for him to prove me wrong and have a pro bowl season and lead us to a super bowl title. If our offensive line stays healthy, then I believe that we'll have a formidible line which will be able to get penetration and open up running lanes for RW. Jay will have a quality WR corps, a pro bowl RB in Ricky, and a solid(not spectacular) offensive line to work with. In other words, he'll have all the necessary tools at his disposal to be successful. We will see.:eat:

There really are very few people left in here who think, Jay Fiedler sucks no matter what the man does. The majority are of the opinion that if Jay has the pieces around him,he will be good enough to win games. The rest are willing to give him next season to prove his worth but will support him now.

Originally posted by FFiB

33%?

I would say its much less than that......heck if we hit 10% that would be high.....

In 3 sections last year the booing and the dissatisfaction with Fiedler was by large outnumbered by those who supported him.

where did you get 33% from? LOL....just curious....

:p
IMO the # of people that blame Jay for our problems in 2000 and 2001 is high, like 1 out of 3 more than 1 out of 10. But I could be wrong :o

Jay was awful in 2000, he was ok in 2001 because he had some good games down the strech. He would be good if he cut down on all of those interceptions.

He was below average in 2000. He was above average in 2001.
He will be very good in 2002.

The interceptions were cut down, and with Ricky, the coverages will be easier.

He threw 19. He was high on the league leaders list for interceptions for almost the entire season.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He would be good if he cut down on all of those interceptions.

an absolutely brilliant assessment....

Originally posted by dolphan39
IMO the # of people that blame Jay for our problems in 2000 and 2001 is high, like 1 out of 3 more than 1 out of 10. But I could be wrong :o

We both know that there is no accurate poll to support either of your numbers.

Let me give you a point of view where I am coming from:

example #1: The INT in the Jets game which McKnight bobbled.

The crowd says: McKnight, you moron.
1 out of 3 on the MBs say: "Fiedler was inaccurate".

example #2: The INT against the Jets which was intercepted..you know that lop from Fiedler.

The crowd says: "OL protection fell apart. No running room and no open receiver. Excellent play by the defender for jumping that high and hauling the ball in"
1 out of 3 on the MBs say: "typical Fiedler"

There is many more examples where people in the crowd just simply see more than TV viewers. Such as receivers breaking off their routes, receivers running INTO coverage (Mr Ward is a typical example for that).

The 1 out of 3 you mention probably exist on MBs..I agree. But those type of people do exist in the stadium as well but at a largely reduced rate than the 1 out of 3. In my main section there is another KB. He bitches about everything and blames Jay for everything. I.e. Lamar gets stuffed he says: "God damn Jay".

We promoted him to "section clown". He is one...in a whole section.

I do bitch about Fiedler just as well...but it has to have reason and cause.

Believe me when I say "the support for Fiedler is not as little as people think". I do not only go to the games I also live in a neighborhood with plenty of Dolfans and season tix holder.

We all have the same opinion: He is an adequate QB who will excell next year. He needs just like every QB a running game to accompany him. He needs to reduce his INTs.

:)

to many ints to have break out year.. needs to cut down a lot. still dont support him

Originally posted by dolphinators13
still dont support him

That quote from you says it all. Basically no matter what he does you wouldn't support him....

Let me tell you that: I hate Steve Spurrier with a passion and I would think that he would not be a good fit in south Florida...yet if he becomes a Dolphins coach I would support him until he leaves. Would not agree with him on a lot of things but I would support him...after all he would be coaching my favorite team.

no not true i just dont like the guy he throws to mnay ints .. wait bc i dont like jay i dont the like the fins??

Dolphinators13, iceblizzard69, and KB21, and these two new guys are the only people on here who are Jay Fiedler haters. Meaning that no matter what he does, he will never be good enough for these guys.
Now, I think today we got our 1000th member here, so that's 5 out of a 1000, for sure, that hate Jay Fiedler. I can't say how many others there are who just don't post, but I'll give you 5 just to be fair. That's ten total.
I'm no math wiz but that's no where near 30%.
Am I missing something?

Originally posted by Dolfan984
He was below average in 2000.

Lets not forget about the circumstances of 2000. God I love beating a dead horse sometimes. :D

Back
Top Bottom