Article;Edwin Pope:Heard it here first: Fiedler ready for breakout season | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article;Edwin Pope:Heard it here first: Fiedler ready for breakout season

LOL. You're right. I forgot about all the games we won because of the offensive line and running game last year. Those parts of the roster were a models of efficiency.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
inFINS, I don't like Fiedler, but I support him and hope he does well. He is our starting QB, so I can't say that I won't support him, I think he will have a good season, but I still think he is an average talent that makes to many mistakes and plays with good WRs. He will look great this year because he has 4 good WRs to throw to, a good FB, and a good RB.

BlaH BlaH ..... I agree talent all around on offense makes the qb look better but only to certain point.Kurt Warner has all these weapons around him then I can make argument saying Warner is not that Great Qb because the talent surrounding Rams makes him Great QB?You still have to be a good Qb to make the right throws and desicions.Last season with injuries on OL and a running game that was non existing(and not mention Drops balls);I'm just amazed that Fiedler put up 3,000 yards and his TD passes could have been more if it wasn't for "Lucas special package"....Oh yeah before any one brings it up arm strenght.Arm strenght is not every thing!!!! ...A good example is Jeff Garcia .....

I like the fact that you support your QB even if you really don't like him....and to others who don't.... I thought fan will cheer for the WHOLE team not single out an individual out and boo him...:fire:

dolphinators, lets not resort to name-calling. Calling me a moron because you can't defend my arguement makes it more evident of how little you know. I'm not saying jay is a Marino incarnate. I'm saying that he is an above average, hell, I'll even say good. He is a good QB who is still learning how to play the game. Of course he is going to make mistakes, everyone does. However, at the same time, he has done so many good things for this team. 0-3 vs playoff teams this year? He won at least 2, Oakland and New England. Stop making up things and come to me when you have a solid arguement.

this year he was 2-5 pats and raiders=wins lose= jets 2 times, pats once, niners rams.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
am not making up stuff if u dont beleve me check the stats its all true

make that 1-3
Dolphins with Fiedler in 2000 against playoff teams in regular season:

Baltimore 19-6
Indianapolis 13-20
Tampa 13-16
Minnesota 7-13

Playoffs: 1-1

Indy 23-17
Oakland 0-27

2000 season:

1-3 regular season
1-1 playoffs

Dolphins with Fiedler were 2-5 in regular season...

Oakland 18-15
ST Louis 10-42
NE 30-10
NE 13-20
NYJ 17-21
NYJ 0-24
SF 0-21

In the playoffs: 0-1

You, wearing the #13, should know better than anybody else that the better teams in this league will always expose your weakness and make a working component obsolete. Our weakness last year was our OL, running game and our run D. Your hero #13 was, according to you, a miserable failure since he could not carry his team to a an AFC Championship by himself.

As you may not understand but the last time the Dolphins won more than one playoff game was in 1984. 15 years of Dan Marino with a sub 500 playoff record and you are trying to "hang" Jay Fiedler. This is double standard at its best.

Unfortunately, you are blinded by an infatuation with your hero #13 and by hate for our #9.

I love Dan as much as anybody but I can not expect for Jay to accomplish something Marino has failed over 15 years.

That Tampa game in 2000 should have been a win, bad play-calling at the end of the first half gave them an extra field goal. Remember that? Wanny called a pass with something like 45 seconds left in the half, it got picked, and Gramatica kicked the field goal. I remember Wanny taking ful credit for that mistake. Despite that, the Fins were in a position to win the game at the end, but that was also the game Jay hurt his shoulder.

Edwin may be convinced, but I'm not. If Jay doesnt get it done this year he's not going to. We have surrounded him with things we didn't give Marino(RB & D). It's do or die for Jay.

Yeah, Jay screwed up his shoulder the Tampa game, and hell, he even came back. He's a fighter. Jay is my favorite player on the Dolphins.

Yeah, it's amazing how Jay played through those shoulder injuries. It's also amazing that he came back strong from them in 2001. A torn rotator cuff ain't nothing little. When normal people get that kind of injury, they immediately go for treatment, which can last years.

Jay Fiedler played FOOTBALL for months with this injury. And not just any position, but QUARTERBACK, where the very nature of the position is to throw the ball.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
no.. i think that your too possitive to jay u just always have to think on the bright side hes not a good qb. to much good talent around him wait he can beat to the BAD team but CANT beat the GOOD teams. how many ints has he had in the regular season as a starter and in the post season his first to years... Try 40!! what was he record agaist playoff teams in the regualr season in 2000 lets see ummm 0-3 and what was it last year... 2-5 that a combined total of 2-8 record vs playoff teams umm.... that should say something maby he is a below average qb

Dolphinators, get your facts straight! Just thinking off the top of my head, during the 2000 season; the Fins beat the Baltimore Ravens. Let me refresh your memory, the Ravens won the Super Bowl that year.

Don't confuse him

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

Dolphinators, get your facts straight! Just thinking off the top of my head, during the 2000 season; the Fins beat the Baltimore Ravens. Let me refresh your memory, the Ravens won the Super Bowl that year.

Look, leave the facts of the matter out and let him fantisize, it's fun to see him speak in ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom