Article on Redskins / Lions draft intentions - We may have one less potential QB pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Redskins / Lions draft intentions - We may have one less potential QB pick

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I think the Lions would be crazy to move on from Stafford. He is one of the guys (that aren't rookies) that I'd love to have in Miami. I think it's likely neither the Lions nor the Redskins are considering QB's. The biggest threat to QB's with those picks IMO is if they trade back and someone wanting to get a selection before Miami picks a QB.

Alot of the article only states the obvious, but I think the point that neither team selects a QB is likely. Redskins already invested heavily last year and Lions have a solid QB and other big needs.

I do not want to trade up. We have too many holes and need all of the pics we have. Between Burrow, Herbert and Tua the edge rusher from Ohio state, the corner back everyone likes and a tackle there will be plenty of people to choose at five

I'll tell you what; if the Dolphins stay put at 5 and Tua falls to them...this board is gonna get real fun, real quick.

And deservedly so. We would've just had the far and away better talent fall to us and unless something goes down at the combine such as negative medical reports, we may have just won the lottery.

Imagine if they pass on him in that scenario, there wont even be a board anymore...lol

They couldn't be that insane.

I will ask this, though. I know your answer but I gotta ask it any way. Someone offers you three 1s for a trade. Are you considering it?

I'll tell you what; if the Dolphins stay put at 5 and Tua falls to them...this board is gonna get real fun, real quick.

This is assuming Tua is their target. As has been noted here often, Grier/Flo don't care what FH posters think. Now, I suspect they will take Tua at #5, and hope they do. Still, I'm realistic enough to see there are variables we don't know.

The problem is the Lions at #3. The Redskins should and prob will fall in love with Chase Young at #2.

But Detroit would trade back for more picks I'm almost positive. Patricia needs to win now and if picking up an extra 1st round pick in this draft is on the table, I bet they take it. So that makes other teams come into play, especially the Raiders w jackasses Mayock and Gruden. They could be in Love with Tua. Gruden has never met a QB he didnt fall in love with, especially one that's won multiple national championships. The Raiders have picks #12 and #19. They have the ammo. Oakland is the team I'm worried about.

So to be safe, if we are 100% in love with Tua and hes def the guy everyone in the front office wants, they almost have to trade up to at least #3 to get him. If we want Herbert then wait till #5 bc even if hes not there, hes not the blue chip recruit Tua is. There is a "Herbert" type qb in every draft.

They couldn't be that insane.

I will ask this, though. I know your answer but I gotta ask it any way. Someone offers you three 1s for a trade. Are you considering it?
For the pick or for Tua? I mean if Tua is there at 5 I pick him. If he's there and somehow the owner tells me I cant pick him sure I'd trade #5 for 3x 1st . But I'd probably get fired right after I told the owner what I think :lol:

The Giants are also a trade partner for teams to jump Miami... no way we stay at 5 if Tua is the target.

This is such a weird thing to say...but if Tua fell to us I almost can't envision the Dolphins picking him. I'd love if they picked Tua if he was there at #5, but will be holding my breath right up until they do.

In all my years of being a Dolphins fan, they have picked the guy we fans thought they should pick, what maybe TWICE with Devante Parker and Ryan Tannehill? The road is littered with the Ted Ginn picks of the world where they selected a guy out of left field and this board went nuts. (Footnote: I was 1 when they picked Marino, so not counting that).

Even when in prime position to pick a QB they have tripped over their own feet with Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers and Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Hopefully they don't have any surprises in store...but with this team the surprise is actually the one constant.

This is such a weird thing to say...but if Tua fell to us I almost can't envision the Dolphins picking him. I'd love if they picked Tua if he was there at #5, but will be holding my breath right up until they do.

In all my years of being a Dolphins fan, they have picked the guy we fans thought they should pick, what maybe TWICE with Devante Parker and Ryan Tannehill? The road is littered with the Ted Ginn picks of the world where they selected a guy out of left field and this board went nuts. (Footnote: I was 1 when they picked Marino, so not counting that).

Even when in prime position to pick a QB they have tripped over their own feet with Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers and Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Hopefully they don't have any surprises in store...but with this team the surprise is actually the one constant.
Same here...

I do not want to trade up. We have too many holes and need all of the pics we have. Between Burrow, Herbert and Tua the edge rusher from Ohio state, the corner back everyone likes and a tackle there will be plenty of people to choose at five
The tackle! Hah...

We had a tackle last year when we were getting blown out and couldn't score on offense, remember?

Tackles don't move the needle very much on your ability to win, but somehow people are SO scared to spend picks on a QB that this is literally something that they're ok with?

Unreal.

The problem is the Lions at #3. The Redskins should and prob will fall in love with Chase Young at #2.

But Detroit would trade back for more picks I'm almost positive. Patricia needs to win now and if picking up an extra 1st round pick in this draft is on the table, I bet they take it. So that makes other teams come into play, especially the Raiders w jackasses Mayock and Gruden. They could be in Love with Tua. Gruden has never met a QB he didnt fall in love with, especially one that's won multiple national championships. The Raiders have picks #12 and #19. They have the ammo. Oakland is the team I'm worried about.

So to be safe, if we are 100% in love with Tua and hes def the guy everyone in the front office wants, they almost have to trade up to at least #3 to get him. If we want Herbert then wait till #5 bc even if hes not there, hes not the blue chip recruit Tua is. There is a "Herbert" type qb in every draft.

Cant see this scenario, to fall from 3 to 12 leaves you out of the top flight talent and the first wave of guys at prime positions. With pick number 5 as the base for Miami it could be a little as adding #39 to get up to Detroit but may cost #26. 5 and 26 is way better than 12 and 19 IMO. give you a chance at a top flight guy and a very tradeable piece in 26.

Back
Top Bottom