Article on Redskins / Lions draft intentions - We may have one less potential QB pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Redskins / Lions draft intentions - We may have one less potential QB pick

LOL … I've been flamed for days trying to get an objective answer to that very question... @Pachyderm_Wave was the only one to come through with common sense ...

Maybe I don't seem like a good dude lol ... but it makes no sense for teams to bypass a generational talent (as Tua is touted pre-draft and combine) at the most important position in football ... IMO

The sad thing is the Tua-brigade have legitimate points and some good perspectives, but thake their point to the extreme and end up weakening their position. Yes, Tua appears to be a very good prospect, but there are no guarantees. They won't admit to that. Yes, Tua appears to be a very good prospect, but "generational talent" is far too strong. Yes, Tua appears to be a very good prospect, but that doesn't mean anyone passing on him is an idiot.

That said, my only fear on a move up is the Chargers. In a perfect (Dolphin) world, they'll sign a FA QB and let Tua drop to #5

Yeah, I got that. I'm a little bemused with all this "generational talent" talk going around. And if GMs don't recognize it, they're idiots. More likely, many don't see the generational talent and proceed accordingly. Matter of fact, there ae probably 15-20 teams that could use a generational talent at QB and could at least make an effort. Tua is a very good prospect, but there are no guarantees and, as almost all fans know, teams prioritize needs.

Not really. Miami needs a GM that can evaluate talent. I'd be putting a priority on that. The one they have ain't a generational talent. Unless it's at subterfuge.

It damn sure ain't at football.

The sad thing is the Tua-brigade have legitimate points and some good perspectives, but thake their point to the extreme and end up weakening their position. Yes, Tua appears to be a very good prospect, but there are no guarantees. They won't admit to that. Yes, Tua appears to be a very good prospect, but "generational talent" is far too strong. Yes, Tua appears to be a very good prospect, but that doesn't mean anyone passing on him is an idiot.

That said, my only fear on a move up is the Chargers. In a perfect (Dolphin) world, they'll sign a FA QB and let Tua drop to #5
Colts too I would say. They figured out Brisket's not the guy.

Not really. Miami needs a GM that can evaluate talent. I'd be putting a priority on that. The one they have ain't a generational talent. Unless it's at subterfuge.

It damn sure ain't at football.
Just a question Slimms, if they do go all out and get Tua and build a team around him, will your thoughts on Grier change or is it too far gone? :lol:

Just a question Slimms, if they do go all out and get Tua and build a team around him, will your thoughts on Grier change or is it too far gone? :lol:

I'd bet a month's salary you could draft better than Chris Grier, if that answers your question.

However, they can't make the decision to go all out and get Tua yet. They don't have enough information to make that call yet.

Gonna be hilarious when Grier kills the draft and Slimm is all like, even a broken clock yada yada.

Grier may not be the best but he ain't bad either, he's the main reason Miami has a bright outlook on the future.

We did beat the NFC Least champions with a broke a** roster, that was very impressive as were the Preston Williams and Nick Needham additions to name a few just in this past season.

And I'm happy with the Wilkins pick, dude is a beast and will only get better.

Gonna be hilarious when Grier kills the draft and Slimm is all like, even a broken clock yada yada.

Grier may not be the best but he ain't bad either, he's the main reason Miami had a bright outlook on the future
Yeah he did a great job of getting rid of all the talent on the roster. Dont get me wrong, Im not against those moves but it's much easier to get rid of talent than it is to actually aquire some...

It does appear all signs point to the skins sticking with their qb they drafted last year which is great news for us.

to trade up witb them lol

Grier may not be the best but he ain't bad either, he's the main reason Miami had a bright outlook on the future

It'd definitely be pretty hilarious. I'll be watching. He's the main reason Miami always has too many "holes to fill" that never get filled.

Bottom line is Miami isn't the right place for any rookie quarterback because the caricature of a GM can't build an offensive line - among other things.

Yeah he did a great job of getting rid of all the talent on the roster. Dont get me wrong, Im not against those moves but it's much easier to get rid of talent than it is to actually aquire some...

Then the old, expensive, and cap strapped Eagles should have beat us with their amazing franchise QB but that didn't happen.

If they can win a SB with that overrated bean counter in Roseman, so can Grier who has a much better eye for talent, he just needs lots of time to develop like Ireland and Spielman did (with other franchises).

It'd definitely be pretty hilarious. I'll be watching. He's the main reason Miami always has too many "holes to fill" that never get filled.

Bottom line is Miami isn't the right place for any rookie quarterback because the caricature of a GM can't build an offensive line - among other things.

Thanks to HOU, he can buy 2 starting caliber Olineman for the price of Tunsil, then use the 2 1's and 2 to fill out the rest of the Oline all for the cost of a single (non-QB) player.

Outside of Patrick Mahomes, has there been a better draft pick for any organization in the past 10 years? I'd argue not.

It obviously takes more than 1 incredible draft pick to make your team relevant, but with the way this team played down the stretch and the cap/picks situation we have, outside of KC no team has a brighter future than us in large part thanks to Chris Grier.

Thanks to HOU, he can buy 2 starting caliber Olineman for the price of Tunsil, then use the 2 1's and 2 to fill out the rest of the Oline all for the cost of a single (non-QB) player.

Outside of Patrick Mahomes, has there been a better draft pick for any organization in the past 10 years? I'd argue not.

It obviously takes more than 1 incredible draft pick to make your team relevant, but with the way this team played down the stretch and the cap/picks situation we have, outside of KC no team has a brighter future than us in large part thanks to Chris Grier.

This is a very Pollyanna view on it - but I'll allow it.

Miami has a tremendous opportunity to build a football team and make up some ground, that's a fact. You're going to find out how good he is at not blowing it real quick.

Back
Top Bottom