As it stands right now, who would you like to see Miami draft Rounds 1-3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As it stands right now, who would you like to see Miami draft Rounds 1-3

FSU Truth Cam Akers is one tough runner. The first contact almost never takes him down, and it's pretty obvious that defenders have a little fear in being that first guy as many times they choose to try to arm tackle him rather than meet him proper.

OLB/DE Terrell Lewis would really be a nice fit in the same role Young could play. I wonder how late Lewis could be grabbed at with those pass rush / run defnding skills he's likely going soon...

Last edited:
1-Tua,QB Alabama
1-Leatherwood, OT Alabama
1-Curtis Weaver. DE Boise St

2-Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma
2-Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota

3-Najee Harris, RB Alabama

just for the heck of it

1A) I think we trade down and we take Herbert. He sits for a year to work on that footwork.
With 1B and 1C we trade around, but end up with:
1B)Cristian Fulton
1C)Josh Jones
2A)After trade down: Nick Harris, C Washington
2B)JK Dobbins/Cam Akers- a RB
3)Zach Baun WISC or J Greenard FLA

1-Tua,QB Alabama
1-Leatherwood, OT Alabama
1-Curtis Weaver. DE Boise St

2-Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma
2-Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota

3-Najee Harris, RB Alabama

just for the heck of it
I like that. Pretty close to what I would do. Of course, it does come down to Tua's rehab.

I will be surprised if Miami uses all 3 1st rounders.

I could see them trading(up or down)both of the later picks if not moving their own pick as well.
I can see a possible trade down. But in those trades we better be getting the other teams first plus in return.

I've played around with some of the draft simulators and while they are fun, some are unrealistic, I expect mine is as well, but hard to judge who will fall where.

1(a) Tua - I look at this as a blessing because with winning would have put us out of the running to grab him, with doubt around him and his injury, he should fall nicely in our laps at 4. He would have easily been the top pick and the draft and the best player, the Dolphins are one of the few teams at the top that can take this chance because of all the draft capital they have.

1(b) Terrell Lewis - I wanted Brian Burns last draft and we still a dynamic player on the edge that can rush and play up as needed. A nice fit in Miami's positionless defense and a freat athlete. Falls down the boards due to missing some time with injuries. I would prefer to take him in round 2, but I just don't see him sliding out of round 1.

1(c) Tyler Biadesz - Center is quickly becoming one of the most important position on the o-line and having someone who is stout at the point of attackw ho can call the defense would be a massive upgrade for the phins.

2(a) Josh Jones - I really doubt this happens as I believe he will end up at a 1st round tackle, but a guy can dream.

2(b) Cam Akers - RB is a needed upgrade and Akers offers more then most. Played in a pretty bad situation at FSU, he is a premier pass protector, a very good runner, catches well out of the backfield, runs with power (loves to finish) but can also break one long with excellent speed)

3 KJ Hamler - Explosive slot player to give Tua more weapons to work with.
Im get laughed at when I stress how important the C position is. I too have us using 1c for either Humphreys or Baidasz

1A) Derrick Brown - DT - Auburn 1B) Josh Jones - LT - Houston 1C) Jake Fromm - QB - Georgia 2A - Cam Dantzler - CB - Mississippi State 2B) Isaiah Wilson - RT - Georgia 3) AJ Dillion - RB - Boston College.

Last edited:
I really like Javon Kinlaw and Derrick Brown as defensive linemen. I like Chase Young and Alex Highsmith as edge players. I like Isaiah Simmons as a linebacker. I like Jeffrey Okudah as a corner. I like Andrew Thomas and Josh Jones at left tackle, and perhaps Tristan Wirfs and Mekhi Becton at right tackle. I like Creed Humphrey and Tyler Biadasz on the interior line. I like Laviska Shenault at wide receiver. I like Antoine Winfield Jr. at safety.

You could probably also toss in guys like Bryce Hall, Cameron Dantzler, C.J. Henderson, Jerry Jeudy, Tee Higgins, CeeDee Lamb, Jedrick Wills, Dylan Moses, Yetur Gross-Matos, A.J. Epenesa, Grant Delpit, and Xavier McKinney. Why not.

But I'm not grabbing any of them until I shoot my shot at the QB position. It doesn't mean I have to be done. If I'm staring at a Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields in 2021, so be it. Might take one of them, too. But if you're not trying to find that next franchise changer at that position then I don't know why you even bother.

I really like Javon Kinlaw and Derrick Brown as defensive linemen. I like Chase Young and Alex Highsmith as edge players. I like Isaiah Simmons as a linebacker. I like Jeffrey Okudah as a corner. I like Andrew Thomas and Josh Jones at left tackle, and perhaps Tristan Wirfs and Mekhi Becton at right tackle. I like Creed Humphrey and Tyler Biadasz on the interior line. I like Laviska Shenault at wide receiver. I like Antoine Winfield Jr. at safety.

You could probably also toss in guys like Bryce Hall, Cameron Dantzler, C.J. Henderson, Jerry Jeudy, Tee Higgins, CeeDee Lamb, Jedrick Wills, Dylan Moses, Yetur Gross-Matos, A.J. Epenesa, Grant Delpit, and Xavier McKinney. Why not.

But I'm not grabbing any of them until I shoot my shot at the QB position. It doesn't mean I have to be done. If I'm staring at a Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields in 2021, so be it. Might take one of them, too. But if you're not trying to find that next franchise changer at that position then I don't know why you even bother.
Brown or Kinlaw would give us 3 really good players in our front 3... and we are suddenly looking really good in our front. Go on to add SS / LB Simmons or OLB Lewis and we can really have something special to build on.

Rd1 - Tua QB
Rd1- Biadsz C
Rd1- McKinney S
Rd2- Jones OT
Rd2 - CJ Henderson
Rd3- Harris RB
FA: Thuney LG
FA: Byron Jones CB
FA: Eckler RB

Rd1 - Tua QB
Rd1- Biadsz C
Rd1- McKinney S
Rd2- Jones OT
Rd2 - CJ Henderson
Rd3- Harris RB
FA: Thuney LG
FA: Byron Jones CB
FA: Eckler RB

2 pretty average athletes top 25 picks for the position. I like McKinney he’s very assignment sound and heady but the athlete looks rather average. Biadizc doesn’t get to mucb in space. Good in a phone booth

I've played around with some of the draft simulators and while they are fun, some are unrealistic, I expect mine is as well, but hard to judge who will fall where.

1(a) Tua - I look at this as a blessing because with winning would have put us out of the running to grab him, with doubt around him and his injury, he should fall nicely in our laps at 4. He would have easily been the top pick and the draft and the best player, the Dolphins are one of the few teams at the top that can take this chance because of all the draft capital they have.

1(b) Terrell Lewis - I wanted Brian Burns last draft and we still a dynamic player on the edge that can rush and play up as needed. A nice fit in Miami's positionless defense and a freat athlete. Falls down the boards due to missing some time with injuries. I would prefer to take him in round 2, but I just don't see him sliding out of round 1.

1(c) Tyler Biadesz - Center is quickly becoming one of the most important position on the o-line and having someone who is stout at the point of attackw ho can call the defense would be a massive upgrade for the phins.

2(a) Josh Jones - I really doubt this happens as I believe he will end up at a 1st round tackle, but a guy can dream.

2(b) Cam Akers - RB is a needed upgrade and Akers offers more then most. Played in a pretty bad situation at FSU, he is a premier pass protector, a very good runner, catches well out of the backfield, runs with power (loves to finish) but can also break one long with excellent speed)

3 KJ Hamler - Explosive slot player to give Tua more weapons to work with.
I’d take this draft all day every day. Fills a lot of holes with some really great players.

2 pretty average athletes top 25 picks for the position. I like McKinney he’s very assignment sound and heady but the athlete looks rather average. Biadizc doesn’t get to mucb in space. Good in a phone booth
My goals: (1) QB (2) Solidify OL
Do you have any 1st Rd Grades interior OL?

1A - Tua
1B - Versitile DE or CB
1C- O line preferably a C

2A - O linemen either C or T whichever you dont take with 1C
2B - CB is you dont go with 1B or a S

3A - O linemen

Boring draft but we need 3 o linemen plus one in FA should make the offense waaaay better. Think we go D heavy in FA and add the final pieces in the Draft.

Whole off season IMO with my personal preferences.

FA
Thuney G
Chris Jones - DE
Jones - CB
Judon - DE/OLB

Draft:
1A - Tua: He is the best pure talent at QB, has been elite at every level he has played. Smart, humble and leadership fits into the new staffs mold. Throws a great deep balls, makes quick reads can move around enough to extend plays and never panics.

1B - Wade CB/S OSU - can play all over the secondary but see him moving to FS, great in phase and will come up and hit you in the run game.
OR
Chiasson DE/OLB LSU - freak athletically fits into a Jamie Collins type role, can put his hand down or even play in the middle . Very sound player who sticks to assignments which I believe will impress this staff

1C - Humphrey/Biadesz - have to secure the interior line. Both guys or talented hard nosed guys who will develop and grow with the QB. Instantly makes 3 spots on the line better
Or
Josh Jones OT Houston - great in space, super athletic. Footwork is good hands need some work but that is what coaching is for. He will elevate come draft time

2A see 1C Jones if they take a C or a C if they take Jones

2B: if 1B is Chiasson could take Dantzler CB out of Miss St. Long CB who gets in phase well and has great feel for deflecting passes. If he runs well he wont be here but if he runs more of a 4.55 might slip would be a good addition for the boundary
or
if 1B is Wade could see Antoine Winfield Jr - smart legacy NFL player who covers the back end well but can get in and play in the box.

3A - John Simpson G Clemson - this might be late for him but he has everything you want in a guard. Adding him would be a coup d'teat. Offensive line would be...Jones, Thuney, Humprey/Biadesz, Simpson, Davis seems like a pretty significant upgrade.

Went heavy with corner because I believe the scheme likes to run 5 or 6 DB's alot so need guys who can move around and do a lot of things. Plus added significant pass rush and versatility on the D line while adding more athleticism to the LB core. Plus got the QB of the future and added talent to the roster to develop as he sits and grows for a year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom