As it stands right now, who would you like to see Miami draft Rounds 1-3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As it stands right now, who would you like to see Miami draft Rounds 1-3

Keep something in mind about free agency.

It's basically like asking a girl out on a date. Some will say Yes. Many will say No. You can increase your odds by offering to pay for a date at a fancy restaurant. And yet, many will still say No. Your odds increase if you're a good looker.

The Miami Dolphins are not a good looker.

So when I see an off season plan put together that has a bunch of whales next to one another like Matt Judon, Joe Thuney, Chris Jones, and Byron Jones, that's the first thing I think of, that you'll be lucky if a single one of those say Yes, let alone all four.

bitches love diamonds and money. always keep that in mind when you see an ugly or fat dude with a hot chick

And that's what Miami will have to be in the market for.

And yet the folks at the top of the organization are not looking for trophies to hang on their arm, spending the entire date looking at their cell phone and taking selfies.

That's the conundrum.

Flores and Grier are looking for players in the Wife Zone...but they're showing up to the speed dating event looking like Danny DeVito.

And that's what Miami will have to be in the market for.

And yet the folks at the top of the organization are not looking for trophies to hang on their arm, spending the entire date looking at their cell phone and taking selfies.

That's the conundrum.

That's true, we are looking for the smart girl w/ potential types. The thing about smart girls though...they appreciate potential in their man (team) though. Players play hard for Flores, a lot of capital to potentially make us better, we have a team with potential even if not the best looking...just need a slight shave, maybe a spray tan... but we also have money, and even wholesome intelligent girls LOVE money with potential. Sure maybe not pay the top tiers 3 million more than they could pull with another team like we'd normally do, but pay the TARGETS an extra million or so per year more. a good player we are targeting like that, the money would matter because they wouldn't be seeing all the endorsements like some of the big time players.

That's true, we are looking for the smart girl w/ potential types. The thing about smart girls though...they appreciate potential in their man (team) though. Players play hard for Flores, a lot of capital to potentially make us better, we have a team with potential even if not the best looking...just need a slight shave, maybe a spray tan... but we also have money, and even wholesome intelligent girls LOVE money with potential. Sure maybe not pay the top tiers 3 million more than they could pull with another team like we'd normally do, but pay the TARGETS an extra million or so per year more. a good player we are targeting like that, the money would matter because they wouldn't be seeing all the endorsements like some of the big time players.

That may work when you're the only guy at the table and everything becomes a referendum on you.

Doesn't work so well when there are 31 other guys at the table and a bunch of them also have money and stories about how great their coaches are.

en there are 31

Oprah has money, If Bill Gates woke up with Oprahs money he would jump out the window. not all 31 teams are going to value our target. so that'll knock it out down to about 10 other guys at the table. out of those 10, 7 are going to say, ya know what, if she doesnt want 2 karats and is asking for 3 then we arent going to do that. so realistically if you are offering to drop a few extra dollars on her, then you're really only competing with maybe 3 other guys to slightly overpay for this chicky. thats when you just gotta show more potential, i think the kids these days eat ass, maybe tell the girl you eat ass (give more guaranteed money). so not competing with 31 other teams, you're realistically prob competing with 3-4 teams per player.

well, since Burrow is out of our reach and I dont trust the Tua injury..

1a. Andrew Thomas
1b. Justin Herbert.
1c. Tyler Biadazs
2a. Josh Jones (to play RT).
2b. Dobbins.

That would be my dream scenario. But the "realistic" one would be...

1a. Justin Herbert.
1b. Alex Leatherwood (for LT)
1c. Tyler Biadazs
2a. Josh Jones (for RT)

Jones is a natural LT and dont see a reason to flip him to RT.

well, since Burrow is out of our reach and I dont trust the Tua injury..

1a. Andrew Thomas
1b. Justin Herbert.
1c. Tyler Biadazs
2a. Josh Jones (to play RT).
2b. Dobbins.

That would be my dream scenario.

The great thing about this draft is we could move Davis back inside and have a very solid OL for a decade. I love Dobbins.

Oprah has money, If Bill Gates woke up with Oprahs money he would jump out the window. not all 31 teams are going to value our target. so that'll knock it out down to about 10 other guys at the table. out of those 10, 7 are going to say, ya know what, if she doesnt want 2 karats and is asking for 3 then we arent going to do that. so realistically if you are offering to drop a few extra dollars on her, then you're really only competing with maybe 3 other guys to slightly overpay for this chicky. thats when you just gotta show more potential, i think the kids these days eat ***, maybe tell the girl you eat *** (give more guaranteed money). so not competing with 31 other teams, you're realistically prob competing with 3-4 teams per player.

You're trying to talk yourself into Miami being able to pull in all the free agents they desire and I'm telling you that's just not going to be the reality.

Grab Justin Herbert with the first pick and then focus on the OL- LT Austin Jackson looks good at rd 1b and I'd sure like to get Trey Smith for RT or OG. Would be nice to get a Center but I can see Evan Boehm starting there. I keep going back to DT Javon Kinlaw for pick 1C , powerful disruptive force, but I 'd be happy with Trey Smith at pick 1C and I'd certainly be happy to get him at pick 2A. Rd 2B I'm thinking RB, we have to get some semblance of a running game, or a DE. Could be OL again, we could use 4-6 new quality OL imo. Have to get OT, the ones we have now are terrible.

The more I read about the dynamic between the coaching staff, particularly Brian Flores (and it's HIS show, by all indications), and the QBs Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Rosen, the more comfortable I am that they're going to avoid Justin Herbert.

what do you all think about Justin Herbert being called "not a vocal leader". Sounds a lot like Rosen, do you think Miami wants someone more vocal?

what do you all think about Justin Herbert being called "not a vocal leader". Sounds a lot like Rosen, do you think Miami wants someone more vocal?

I brought this exact thing up on Twitter, and in this thread about 3 seconds before you posted this, lol.

The more I read about the dynamic between the coaching staff, particularly Brian Flores (and it's HIS show, by all indications), and the QBs Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Rosen, the more comfortable I am that they're going to avoid Justin Herbert.
I think you're absolutely right about Flores and Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom