As it stands right now, who would you like to see Miami draft Rounds 1-3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As it stands right now, who would you like to see Miami draft Rounds 1-3

As it stands now:

1a: Chase Young (edge)
1b: K'Lavon Chaisson (edge)
1c: Austin Jackson (OLT)
2a: Jacob Eason (QB)
2b: Prince Tega Wanogho (ORT)
3-: Eno Benjamin (RB)

1A - Tua
1B - Versitile DE or CB
1C- O line preferably a C

2A - O linemen either C or T whichever you dont take with 1C
2B - CB is you dont go with 1B or a S

3A - O linemen

Boring draft but we need 3 o linemen plus one in FA should make the offense waaaay better. Think we go D heavy in FA and add the final pieces in the Draft.

Whole off season IMO with my personal preferences.

FA
Thuney G
Chris Jones - DE
Jones - CB
Judon - DE/OLB

Draft:
1A - Tua: He is the best pure talent at QB, has been elite at every level he has played. Smart, humble and leadership fits into the new staffs mold. Throws a great deep balls, makes quick reads can move around enough to extend plays and never panics.

1B - Wade CB/S OSU - can play all over the secondary but see him moving to FS, great in phase and will come up and hit you in the run game.
OR
Chiasson DE/OLB LSU - freak athletically fits into a Jamie Collins type role, can put his hand down or even play in the middle . Very sound player who sticks to assignments which I believe will impress this staff

1C - Humphrey/Biadesz - have to secure the interior line. Both guys or talented hard nosed guys who will develop and grow with the QB. Instantly makes 3 spots on the line better
Or
Josh Jones OT Houston - great in space, super athletic. Footwork is good hands need some work but that is what coaching is for. He will elevate come draft time

2A see 1C Jones if they take a C or a C if they take Jones

2B: if 1B is Chiasson could take Dantzler CB out of Miss St. Long CB who gets in phase well and has great feel for deflecting passes. If he runs well he wont be here but if he runs more of a 4.55 might slip would be a good addition for the boundary
or
if 1B is Wade could see Antoine Winfield Jr - smart legacy NFL player who covers the back end well but can get in and play in the box.

3A - John Simpson G Clemson - this might be late for him but he has everything you want in a guard. Adding him would be a coup d'teat. Offensive line would be...Jones, Thuney, Humprey/Biadesz, Simpson, Davis seems like a pretty significant upgrade.

Went heavy with corner because I believe the scheme likes to run 5 or 6 DB's alot so need guys who can move around and do a lot of things. Plus added significant pass rush and versatility on the D line while adding more athleticism to the LB core. Plus got the QB of the future and added talent to the roster to develop as he sits and grows for a year.
I don’t think boring at all.
Imagine an offseason where we find our QB, build an OL and add 2-3 starters on defense via FA & Draft.
I would like to see RB perhaps RD3 but won’t argue with interior OL.

Keep something in mind about free agency.

It's basically like asking a girl out on a date. Some will say Yes. Many will say No. You can increase your odds by offering to pay for a date at a fancy restaurant. And yet, many will still say No. Your odds increase if you're a good looker.

The Miami Dolphins are not a good looker.

So when I see an off season plan put together that has a bunch of whales next to one another like Matt Judon, Joe Thuney, Chris Jones, and Byron Jones, that's the first thing I think of, that you'll be lucky if a single one of those say Yes, let alone all four.
I am one who believes we need to overpay for Tuney or Sherff .. I do get your point but we have following in our favor:
State of FLA- weather - no state income tax.
A boatload of $$.
A coach who seems to have his stuff together.
An owner with good rep in terms of player/ business relationships.
Did I mention we will overpay and have boatload of money.

You don't hold a candle for Patrick Mahomes because the odds of him leaving Kansas City are astronomically small. Teams don't allow QBs like him to escape. They pay up.
QB Rd1 Pick 1 no matter what.
Burrow. Tua. Love.
He’s not “the ONE?”
2021. QB RD 1 pick 1 No Matter What.
He’s not the one...
2022 QB RD 1 .... etc etc

Imagine an offseason where we find our QB, build an OL and add 2-3 starters on defense via FA & Draft.
Yep, like your draft a lot @Dolphinator530, but agreed, would try to sneak a rb into there. Cam Akers is a back i like

QB Rd1 Pick 1 no matter what.
Burrow. Tua. Love.
He’s not “the ONE?”
2021. QB RD 1 pick 1 No Matter What.
He’s not the one...
2022 QB RD 1 .... etc etc

Honestly... and with respect... I just can't understand why each one of your first picks has to be a QB?

As has been posted here (dozens of times), very few of the best NFL QBs have been taken early in the 1st.

So why?

Just to make a statement?

Where do you guys project anferney Jennings to go? 3rd round sound about right after he test.

I saw where he’s going to be participating at the senior bowl.

RB might be a target right around that point. They have ammunition and possible a 3rd round comp pick to move up if a guy they like falls. Personally I like Eno Benjamin, this team is going to be RB by committee. I do not get the mocks talking about getting a high end RB. And I get that mentality..imo if the Giants got an offer of a 1st, 4th and a starting C or T for Barkley they should do it in a second. I think the Cowboys should dump Zeke's contract and keep Cooper and that O-line together. Zeke may be special but most RBs behind that line will produce. RBs just fall off cliffs so quickly cant see spending a top 2 round pick on a guy when the roster is being overhauled.

i live in the DC area, and Scherff is a great OG but he has injury concerns.

Feverdream has a good mock draft above, as we need DE and OT badly. Im not sure Chase Young will translate well to the NFL, but if we pick him, I sure hope he does. If youre goign DE, I might prefer Gross-Matos at 1b

Let me add this...

The type of person that jumps at a 52 million dollar offer when there are 50 million dollar offers on the table... are whores.

Maybe not all of them... but these are not the guys that you want.

This. People think it's all about money. One team offering $52 million and another offering $50 million...the player isn't going to make that choice based on the bigger number. And the ones who do? They're probably not the ones you want.

People need to start understanding this conundrum or else they're going to be severely disappointed come free agency, left trying to scramble and rationalize what the Dolphins did after the fact.

Where do you guys project anferney Jennings to go? 3rd round sound about right after he test.

I saw where he’s going to be participating at the senior bowl.

3rd seems about right, he is very limited as an athlete, actually pretty stiff, which would limit his role. He has heavy hands and is **** strong, but really offers little as a pass rusher. HE will set the edge though, shed and make a tackle.

This. People think it's all about money. One team offering $52 million and another offering $50 million...the player isn't going to make that choice based on the bigger number. And the ones who do? They're probably not the ones you want.

People need to start understanding this conundrum or else they're going to be severely disappointed come free agency, left trying to scramble and rationalize what the Dolphins did after the fact.

Yeah my FA was a pipe dream, the team will likely will add one "high end" target. And be far more economical and find more role player types in other spots. I would like to say two of them with one being a OL and one player on D is best case.

Last edited:
based off the NFL draft this year, and based off how we wont be high enough to get Lawrence next year, do you think its better idea to wait until Patrick Mahomes is an FA in a few years, and sign him to a big contract? Instead of getting a rookie QB and he turns into a bust
So continue not drafting a qb for 3 more years??? Wow.

Back
Top Bottom