As some of u no i been visiting camp and... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As some of u no i been visiting camp and...

The center for my high school football team was Mike Comptom. He was drafted by the Lions where he played guard for them and then eventually the Patriots where he won a super bowl ring. I am not even sure if he is still in the league.

jbond said:
I grew up and went to Cooper Elem, Pioneer then Cooper High. After my sophmore year my parents thought I was having too much fun so they made me go to Hollywood Christian (taft/441). Class of '92.

Don't forget Nikki Taylor (i ended up dating one of her best friends so ran into her a bit for awhile before she became a cokehead).

Also....lol...the prostitution ring at Cooper (was a few years after I graduated, mid-90's).

That school was starting to go downhill and the wouldn't let the news on campus due to the amount of drugs and guns confiscated but after they spent a couple years cleaning it up in the mid-90's...it's turned back into a good high school again (relatively speaking, lol).

I graduated from there in '99 and it was still referred to as Hooker High

greatwade said:
H. Wayne Huizenga
Kelsey Grammar
Mary Ellen Cook aka Marey Carey

One of my best friends went to prom with Marey Carey!! Who would of thought she would turn out the way she did.

Zman said:
They play some serious football at Manheim Central, AAA State Champs 2003 and Runner up in 2004 if my memory serves me correct.

Zman
My highschool always gets creamed by them Elizabethtown.... :\

I just noticed nublar said he went to school with smoker at manhiem central thats funny I played football for GOVERNOR MIFFLIN and we played agains smoker his senior year i believe i was too young at the time he was like 3 years older than me. I did play against Jaron Hayes from cedar crest he plays for michigan st. now you remember him. We also use to play agains the gilmores john (bears last i heard) and his younger brother pete who went to penn st for awhile. Any of those names ring a bell guys. Oh and also played against that patterson? i believe his name is from syracuse he qb'd and manhiem township

I hold the honor of being sacked by Vince Wilfork. My freshmen year of highschool I was the third string quarterback. On most teams the third string string quarterbacks dont get any playing time. Well, the starter and the backup were a couple of little Vicks, they both went down the fourth game of the season and that left me, a little 165lb freshmen with a decent arm and a shifty set of legs, starting high school games. The first few games I got destroyed, in two weeks I threw seven interceptions and was sacked more times than I can count. The third game of the season we got beat again but at least I had a decent game. The fourth game we played Atlantic and Wilfork had a field day, he brought me down three times, forcing a fumble. I DID, however put a good move on him and made a hell of a touchdown run

FinMann2 said:
One of my best friends went to prom with Marey Carey!! Who would of thought she would turn out the way she did.

hey, she's a huge success even if she does get farked on film now.

My dad asked me if I did her. I said she was a freshman when I was a senior, but she must have been off my radar.

We did exchange some funny emails. She seems like a sweet girl. I wished
her success. She's making more $ than me right now, I'll tell you that much. Plus last I read, she got an invite to the oval office. Maybe W planning on borrowing some of Billy Clint's cigars! :lol:

LtDan said:
Andy Dorris, Oilers O-line guy in the 70's

Lance Mehl, Jets LB in late 70's-mid 80's

Joey Galloway

Ben Taylor, Browns Linebacker (current)

Those 4 went to my high school. I actually had Mehl as a substitute teacher during the off-season a few times. Graduated with Joey's older brother Curtis
Bellaire huh?

I went to Park. Small world...

Nublar7 said:
That is awesome man. Only two players ever came out of my High School:

Dan Kreider - Steeler's FB
Jeff Smoker - Rams Backup(I actually had a class with him)

So Nublar, that means you went to Manhiem Central. Wow, I work with a guy that still coaches there.

The MVP of Super Bowl V - LB Chuck Howley (who unfortunately played for Dallas) went to Warwood High School. Warwood High consolidated with Wheeling and Triadelphia High to form my alma-mater ... Wheeling Park High School.

Back
Top Bottom