Asante? Hamlin? Faneca? Briggs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante? Hamlin? Faneca? Briggs?

rmp1515

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I love Asante Samuels but I think he is gonna be asking for too much money. I mean the guy is one of the best CB in the league, if not the best and he is still young. But I am not sure if I would wanna spend almost 1/4 of our salary cap on 1 player when we have so many needs

Hamlin is a damn good safety... might not be great but I dont think he will be demanding that big of money. I could see us getting him and still having a good amount of money to spend on other position

Faneca is without a doubt one of the premier OL in the league, but he is over thirty and have to question if his performance is gonna start declining soon and if we wanna give him a big contract. I would much rather go after Max Starks who is younger and a proven OL as well, even tho he is not as good as Faneca.

Then there is Briggs who I think we should def not go after. I think he is over rated and is just a product of a system. I think he is a good LB but not a great LB which is the kind of money he will be demanding. I think he is a good LB on a team like the Bears where they have two other really good LB's. Like I said, he is a product of a system and I do not think he is worth the cash he wants.

I personally would love to sign Hamlin AND Asante. I know it contradicts my opening comments but I think it is worth it, even tho we would not have much money left to address our OL problems and and our other needs.

What are your thoughts?

I personaly dont want Asante Samuels, i would want to sign Hamlin, Faneca and Briggs though i think that would be some Great Pick ups and Maybe a Cheaper CB like Drayton Florence

Trufant!!!!... if he was on the pats and samuel was in seattle you'd all be talking about him and ignoring samuel !!! Hear me out on this CB stuff, i was one of the small handful of people on here that was actually happy we signed Will Allen a few years back.

I betcha Trufant will be franchised. Seattle still has enough in the tank for another run, and he's very important to that

I want Briggs and Hamlin in free agency. I am hoping we could draft Cromartie in the second round.

Trufant!!!!... if he was on the pats and samuel was in seattle you'd all be talking about him and ignoring samuel !!! Hear me out on this CB stuff, i was one of the small handful of people on here that was actually happy we signed Will Allen a few years back.
i would love to have Trufant on this team is he a great CB

how in the world do you come to the conclusion that samuel will cost 1/4th of our salary cap?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!

yeap i was on the allen signing as well. I relaly liked taht signing esp for 9 mill tha twas a great pick.

I love trufant he is a lot better hten samuels i believe.

I came to the conclusion that he would cost 1/4 of our salary cap cuz they say he is looking for 11 million a year and we have slightly under 40 million to spend

I came to the conclusion that he would cost 1/4 of our salary cap cuz they say he is looking for 11 million a year and we have slightly under 40 million to spend
with Zach Cut we have Over 40 million with him on the team we had 40 mill to spend

I believe the salary cap is $116mil for '08.

Not to mention it will probably rise even more during his contract.

So, at worst, he will be less than 10%

I believe the salary cap is $116mil for '08.

Not to mention it will probably rise even more during his contract.

So, at worst, he will be less than 10%

wow someone with some knowledge. Ppl think 1 guy will be 50% of our cap sapce and not allow for neone else to get picked.

Ppl tend to forget that NE last year with 21 mill i think it was got Thomas, Stallworth, Moss, Washington, Morris, Welker, etc etc etc (to tired to go on already loll).

also, to put things in perspective, in 2005, the cap was $85mil

and considering the last superbowl had a record setting audience, i think the cap will be going up

the average salary <> first year cap number

the signing bonus is amortized so initially his hit would be around 4 million

I think the Cowboys will resign Hamlin and we won't go after Faneca,Briggs,or Samuels. Out of all the rebuilds Parcells has done he never really goes after other teams superstar FA's. Parcells likes players that have previously played for him. I would say guys like Flozell Adams,Keith Davis,Nate jones,Jacques Reeves,Terrance Copper,Aaron Glenn, Anthony Becht,Keyshawn Johnson,Andre Davis etc. He uses his old guys to teach the system to his rookies then they take over.

Back
Top Bottom