Asante? Hamlin? Faneca? Briggs? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante? Hamlin? Faneca? Briggs?

Ever since Spygate, I felt as though players like Asante just benefitted from the cheating and to me he might just be way to overrated, to pay him the money he'll ask for. Graham and Branch are now average players outside of that New England franchise, and I think it should make everyone wonder. Think about it, what is his strong suit... ballhawking right...alot of his signature plays on the ball are so-called "reads on the ball" or maybe their just "Spygate material". Needless to say anyone coming out of New England now, really has to be combed over through and through to gauge their true value.

I understood that, I was wondering if they had any interest in him returning period.
The Cowboys did draft Doug Free but he hasn't played much. The question for the Cowboys is this...with a team that is so closed to the Super Bowl, do you go into the season with an "unknown" player or do you give Adams big bucks as part of a 4-5 year deal?

The Cowboys did draft Doug Free but he hasn't played much. The question for the Cowboys is this...with a team that is so closed to the Super Bowl, do you go into the season with an "unknown" player or do you give Adams big bucks as part of a 4-5 year deal?
Yup, exactly what I was wondering. I know a few here were pretty high on Free and I wasn't sure if the Cowboys felt he was ready or if they still viewed Adams as an option.

The Pokes like Free and they also feel Pat McQuistan could play LT as well.

I love Asante Samuels but I think he is gonna be asking for too much money. I mean the guy is one of the best CB in the league, if not the best and he is still young. But I am not sure if I would wanna spend almost 1/4 of our salary cap on 1 player when we have so many needs

Hamlin is a damn good safety... might not be great but I dont think he will be demanding that big of money. I could see us getting him and still having a good amount of money to spend on other position

Faneca is without a doubt one of the premier OL in the league, but he is over thirty and have to question if his performance is gonna start declining soon and if we wanna give him a big contract. I would much rather go after Max Starks who is younger and a proven OL as well, even tho he is not as good as Faneca.

Then there is Briggs who I think we should def not go after. I think he is over rated and is just a product of a system. I think he is a good LB but not a great LB which is the kind of money he will be demanding. I think he is a good LB on a team like the Bears where they have two other really good LB's. Like I said, he is a product of a system and I do not think he is worth the cash he wants.

I personally would love to sign Hamlin AND Asante. I know it contradicts my opening comments but I think it is worth it, even tho we would not have much money left to address our OL problems and and our other needs.

What are your thoughts?

You aren't paying attention at all.

Samuel is grossly overpriced and isn't the kind of corner the Dolphins need.
The Dolphins need Nnamdi Asomugha or Charles Godfrey in the draft.

Faneca is way too small for the Big Tuna. My God people: we have heard very little from the new administration but they have told us very plainly that they like big linemen. Faneca is way,way ,way too small, and so is Gross and several other guys being talked about.

It just isn't going to happen, forget about it.

Ken Hamlin runs a 4.6 + 40 yrd dash and he isn't getting any faster. He is a hard hitter but what good does that do if the receiver is already gone.

Why spend bizillions on Briggs???? Is he even that much of a game changer?

Hell no! Keep JT, he IS a game changer.

Starks is a joke, right?? He wasn't even a starter in Pittsburgh last year and their line gave up a ton of sacks last year. Answer: Flozelle Adams LT

Dolphins need to go after Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers. Dolphins need to trade down and take Dan Conner in the 1st round.

The only corner worth paying big bucks for would be Asomugha and it looks like he will get a new deal from the Raiders.

I agree about overpaying but I would'nt mind giving Marcus Trufant (if avalaible) a nice contract, this kid has it all, he's very physical, reminds me of a Rod Woodson, and when he gets older and loses a step , you can slide him over at the saftey position for a few years, I'm not crazy about Samuel, I guess he rubs me wrong cuz he's aPatriot which is not a good reason, i just see some arrogance like a young Deion Sanders, I don't like that, he seems money hungry in a big way, i'd stay away from him cuz we might get burn, the only thins I like about him was that he went to UCF. I would love us to make a trade for D.J> Wiiliams , he's young 26 this year, he's very coachable, works his tail off and has made some nice strides recently, i wonder if you could get a guy like that for a Jason taylor or say a swap of 1st rounders?

Back
Top Bottom