Ask Boomer | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

ih8brady said:
Boomer, if you dont mind me asking,:

1) What OL do you think might be possibilities during day one?

2) Do predict us trading down?
3) Do you think it is more likely we take a top tier QB and a second tier RB or a highly profiled RB with a second tier QB?

1) That's a LOT of OL you want me to list. Barron, Brown, Barnes, Baas, Spencer, Elton Brown, Marcus Johnson, Kemoeatu, Mathis, Adam Terry, Mankins, Snyder, Colmer, Herremans, Wes Britt, Parquet, Buenning, Claude Terrell, Wilkerson, Kyle Wallace, David Stewart for sure, maybe Nick Kaczur, Roos, Ray Willis, Pettiti,

2) I hope so. But wouldn't surprise me if we stayed.

3) More likely to take a top tier WR and a 2nd tier TB.

zeke0123 said:
Boomer it seems like a banner year for middle round run plugging DTs, any of this years crop you think would best fit our bill in rounds 3 and later ??

I don't see it as a banner year. I see it as a banner year for undersized 295lb DT's. Fields, Means, Bryant, CJ Mosley, although he could go in R2 and someone like Sione Pouha at Utah fit the bill inside if we stay with bigger DT's to cover up inside in the 4-3.

jab said:
I have a question for Boomer, or anyone that can answer it, where can I find a list of all of the players that teams have brought in for an individual workout?

It'll be quite hard to find as teams don't give that info away readily. Pay sites are the best place. I could tell you who Miami have/are bringing in if you wanted.

mjh56 said:
Is if minnesota go Braylon Edwards crazy and give us both their #1, though i doubt it would be best draft we have had for a long time.

1. RB Cadillac Williams
1. WR Mark Clayton
2. DT Antajj Hawthorn
3. QB Kyle Orton

best wishes mate

Back at ya mate. I have a present for you from someone.....e-mail me ure addy again.

Minny would have to think that Cleveland or Chicago would draft him and the price of trading with Cleveland would be less than the price of trading with us.

Plus Minny have the hottest of hots for Troy Williamson and 7 is around where he will probably go now. He has blown teams away.

greenflash01 said:
:cry: Do you think that the Chiefs deal will go thorugh? I would be very upset at losing Surtain, he is one of the best corners in the NFL.

As of right now, besides Stockar Mcdougle, and Jeno James I don't see any offensive lineman that are good.:mad: Do you think that Sabin will put more into the o-line?

Agree or disagree? The Phins should give up 1st, and 2nd round drafts picks for a shot Shaun Alexander, or Edgerin James.:confused: They are proven running backs and say Ronnie Brown, or Cedric Benson aren't.

I might get in trouble for this, but I must say it. Feely stinks! He showed a little promise, about as much as Chad Hutchinson did for the Bears. If the Dolphins wants have a winning season this year, they need a real quarterback. What are the chances of someone like Kurt Warner, or Phillip Rivers? As far as drafting one, it's hard to win games with even the best rookie quarterback.

In order:

A) Yes the Surtain deal will happen. Probably two 3's or a 3 and a 4.

B) It's Saban. And yes there are good players on the OL. And no I don't see him hugely reshaping it.

C) Disagree totally re: Alexander and James. Waste of picks and cash.

D) How do you know Feeley stinks? You haven't had chance to judge him properly.

E) Well Warner is a Cardinal and Rivers is a Charger and neither are going anywhere.

Marino Forever said:
Boomer-

If we do not take a RB at #2 and either have a mid round 1st or KC's 2nd round pick through trades, which running backs do you see as the most versitile and athletic that will still be around at those spots?

Thanks for your time!

Don't see how you will have the 2nd AND a mid 1st and a 2nd. If we got the 45th, the 2nd, which I now see as unlikely, Marion Barber or Eric Shelton.

Morency at the top of 3 if we take Edwards at 2.

My pleasure.

Boomer said:
It'll be quite hard to find as teams don't give that info away readily. Pay sites are the best place. I could tell you who Miami have/are bringing in if you wanted.
Boomer... that would be appreciated.

I have followed closely about what you've said on Thomas Davis.

We seem to have a real and genuine interest in this guy. Is he a FS or SS for Saban, and if we trade down do you think he will be a Dolphin?

Joey 22 said:
Boomer, who was at AW work out? where there any dolphins scouts? Anyone important?

There was an unnamed Miami rep, but it wasn't O'Brien or Saban or Spielman.

finsnchips said:
Boomer... that would be appreciated.

I have followed closely about what you've said on Thomas Davis.

We seem to have a real and genuine interest in this guy. Is he a FS or SS for Saban, and if we trade down do you think he will be a Dolphin?

He may even be a linebacker - speaking of Davis. But I think FS.

As for who we have had in:

Antrell Rolle
Chris Myers
Frank Gore
Ronnie Brown
Carnell Williams
Alex Smith next week
Jared Allen
Reynaldo Hill
Vernand Morency
Brock Berlin
Charlie Frye
Marty Johnson
Carlos Rogers
Doug Buckles
The interesting Sione Pouha
Jay Ratliff
Fred Gibson
Reggie Brown
Shawne Merriman
David Pollack
OJ Atogwe
Thomas Davis
Matt McCoy
Odell Thurman
Arnold Harrison
Mark Myers

Working on some more.

Boomer,glad to hear you are enjoying your time as a father. I've heard a lot of talk about Linehan bringing in his 3 WR sets and I honestly want to bring in another WR in this draft rather than having Derrius Thompson in there. So I was wondering what you can tell me about some of the other WR's that we might get if we trade down. WR's like Roddy White, J.R. Russell, Terrence Murphy, Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby. Who seems like they can come in late rounds and fit well with our offense?

Boomer - I believe that Ronnie Brown will do well, but I feel as if he may be overhyped with his awesome combine. I believe that Caddy will end up better as a pro, but I wonder of your opinion. Do you think that Brown can be a 2000+ yards from scrimmage guy, or will he just end up a Westbrook, who I would never give up the #2 pick for. Thanks,

WelcomeBack said:
Boomer,glad to hear you are enjoying your time as a father. I've heard a lot of talk about Linehan bringing in his 3 WR sets and I honestly want to bring in another WR in this draft rather than having Derrius Thompson in there. So I was wondering what you can tell me about some of the other WR's that we might get if we trade down. WR's like Roddy White, J.R. Russell, Terrence Murphy, Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby. Who seems like they can come in late rounds and fit well with our offense?

Thanks mate. Derrius got a lot better last season under the coaching of Jerry Sullivan. I would however like to see a guy with pace who can work the inside and the deep routes. Well Roddy White and Murphy will go pretty high, late 1 early 2. Roby will probably go early to mid 3, Russell, 5 or 6. As for those coming in the later rounds - well in the 4th/5th round area great value could be had with Steve Savoy, Craig Bragg, Tab Perry, Paris Warren, etc. I like Charles Fredrick and Geoff McCarthur late on. Someone might boom or bust with Chris Henry as well.

CD13 said:
Boomer - I believe that Ronnie Brown will do well, but I feel as if he may be overhyped with his awesome combine. I believe that Caddy will end up better as a pro, but I wonder of your opinion. Do you think that Brown can be a 2000+ yards from scrimmage guy, or will he just end up a Westbrook, who I would never give up the #2 pick for. Thanks,

Well Carnell has the best vision and the best ability to create, arguably of ANY back in the draft. You watch him play and at times you are just blown away. I remember seeing him against Alabama last year (2003/4 season) for the first time since 2002/3 and seeing him take the first snap off RT, turn up field like lightning with incredible body lean and just blow down the field 80 yards for 6. There are increasing rumours that Brown might be falling, that Saban's smokescreen is for Benson, the guy he really covets and the guy that the Bears really covet as well. Remember, Saban got up and walked off when Benson declared he wasn't running at Indy and didn't stick around for Brown. The Bears are so worried that Benson will go at 2 that they have flown AGAIN to Auburn to meet and re-work out Carnell Williams with Lovie Smith, Jerry Angelo and Ron Turner all going. This is significant. This to me indicates that the Bears are very aware that Saban is targeting Cedric Benson and fear that he will be off the rack by pick number 4. This is the contingency.

Brown is too big and powerful to be a Westbrook. He has good skills - great skills - but could be a bit straight ahead for Nick. Who knows. This Benson stuff could be a double bluff!! :D

Boomer...I was wondering if you have any insight as to who Miami has been scouting? I was thinking of players not rated in the first round. Also, is Miami doesnt go RB in the first, who and when do you see them takin a back?

Back
Top Bottom