Ask Boomer | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Boomer said:
I think WR's like Josh Davis, a TE - I like Lehigh's Adam Bergen as a project, a QB, add a couple of receivers and some secondary help. I expect him to go hard for LSU players like Lionel Turner to play SLB and Ben Wilkerson and a DE or two.

Hey Boomer,
I must have missed this but did anyone draft Ernest Shazor? I can't remember hearing his name or seeing his name in the paper. Thanks.

^Shazor is a UDFA...we have a lot of people on here interested in him.

KB21 said:
Channing Crowder may have creaky knees, but he is a MUCH BETTER linebacker than Derrick Johnson. Crowder is much more instinctive and a much better tackler. He eats lead blockers for lunch and is all over the field. The closest thing I've seen to Ray Lewis in college football.

3rd round baby!!!! Eddie Moore went higher :shakeno:

Boomer,
Thanks for the knowledge..

How many guys getting drafted, did you accurately forecast?

Hey Boomer I have a quick question for you. What do you think of Keith Rivers the young linebacker at USC?

Boomer. What kind of football "litterature" would you recommend when it comes to the academic side of the game? Strategies, formations, talent evaluation and so forth.

I tip my hat to you boomer..., as you had Rodgers going 24 in your mock draft..., i was surprised that washington didn't move ahead for him over GB though...

I think Rodgers is a real steal at 24...! Should he start I think Alex Smith is gonna get chased down like a squeling pig in SF... He can't run an NFL offense from the shot-gun...

D-fenses will zone in on him...

What do you think...?

Boomer,

Here are a few names...can you enlighten me?

Doug Buckles, Atari Bigby, & Alex Haynes.

Thanks!

Boomer, what about Geoff McArthur, WR from Cal? He wasn't drafted and I haven't seen him signed anywhere, or did he sign. He could be a solid WR in this league and was projected to go in about the 4 - 5 area. Would he be a good pick up if still available?

WelcomeBack said:
Boomer, what about Geoff McArthur, WR from Cal? He wasn't drafted and I haven't seen him signed anywhere, or did he sign. He could be a solid WR in this league and was projected to go in about the 4 - 5 area. Would he be a good pick up if still available?

He has quit football because of persistent injuries, which is a shame. He could have been a solid day 1 receiver at worst were he to have been able to stay on the field.

DreamWeaver said:
Boomer,

Here are a few names...can you enlighten me?

Doug Buckles, Atari Bigby, & Alex Haynes.

Thanks!

In terms of where they signed?

Haynes signed with the Ravens, not sure about the other 2 yet.

dolfancoolio said:
hey boomer. day 1 is over man and we've made some interesting picks. it has been brought up in many of the threads here that there is some uncertainty about where matt roth may fit in. my question to you is, where do you see him fit in? In your opinion will he play OLB in the 3-4 or remain a 4-3 DE? and do you think he CAN play OLB in the 3-4? Whats the reasoning behind the pick?

thanks boom.

Coolio, he'll play everywhere - end in a 4-3, T in a 4-3 and OLB when we switch to 3-4 at times in games. He played LB don't forget as well for the Hawkeyes.

This is a great selection - gives us our Mike Vrabel, our David Pollack.

BSQX4 said:
I'm sure this has been said by others but I would like to thank Boomer for his insight and vast knowledge and his willingness to share his point of view with all of us here at Finheaven. Boomer gets an A+ for his great work.

My absolute pleasure. I've loved this thread. Hopefully we can do something similar next season.

DreamWeaver said:
Hey Boomer,
I must have missed this but did anyone draft Ernest Shazor? I can't remember hearing his name or seeing his name in the paper. Thanks.

Arizona got him mate. And Brandon Browner went to Denver.
Here's an interesting take on why they fell:

"One who took a mighty slide was Ernest Shazor. The former Michigan safety, signed today by the Arizona Cardinals, was labeled as a "long-legged, knock-kneed college player who cannot run" by many scouts.

Brandon Browner was labeled in similar fashion, though there is more to his story. Besides a few character issues sources we spoke with called Browner "disruptive" and "not well liked" which pushed him out of the seven rounds. Browner was offered several free agent contracts but signed with the Denver Broncos, who will use him at safety."

NorFlaFin said:
Boomer,
Thanks for the knowledge..

How many guys getting drafted, did you accurately forecast?

I think I got 9 players with 9 teams in round 1 and off the top of my head I think Mankins was about the only player I missed in R1.

Back
Top Bottom