Ask Boomer | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

touborg said:
Boomer. What kind of football "litterature" would you recommend when it comes to the academic side of the game? Strategies, formations, talent evaluation and so forth.

Sheesh......I dunno mate. I'll have a think.

redhead said:
I tip my hat to you boomer..., as you had Rodgers going 24 in your mock draft..., i was surprised that washington didn't move ahead for him over GB though...

I think Rodgers is a real steal at 24...! Should he start I think Alex Smith is gonna get chased down like a squeling pig in SF... He can't run an NFL offense from the shot-gun...

D-fenses will zone in on him...

What do you think...?

Cheers Red - the Skins had Campbell much higher rated than Rodgers. I like Aaron but if the 9ers have any sense they will build their offense to Smith's strengths. I think he'll be a great success.

Boomer

Hello Boomer,

I posted what was left of the free agents just recently. Could you look at some of the names and tell me if you think we are looking at them?

There are more names out there and we are not finished at twelve. I found two more players today at Troy and BYU.

Thanks,

Lee2000

Boomer said:
He has quit football because of persistent injuries, which is a shame. He could have been a solid day 1 receiver at worst were he to have been able to stay on the field.

That is terrible. I had high hopes for McArthur. He seemed like he could have done a lot of damage at the pro level.

AjFazz85 said:
Hey Boomer I have a quick question for you. What do you think of Keith Rivers the young linebacker at USC?

Hey, this is my first visit to this thread. Very interesting with the brief Q & As.

I'm an 'SC alum who is familiar with Keith Rivers. He is a fast and nasty young package of TNT. That kid will hit! Part of our surreal recruiting class of 2004.

How many ILBs are fast and versatile enough to split out to DE and terrorize the passer? That's what Rivers did last year. He came up with a few sacks and big plays when we were in trouble at Stanford last year. This year he should start although we're plenty deep at LB.

At homecoming last year the USC SID told me that one of the reasons Van Brown, a Miami FA signee, decided to transfer was that some of the young freshmen were being tried at DE even if it wasn't their natural position. Pete Carroll loves to terrorize the QB on every play. You don't start in his front seven if you don't have an upfield burst. He'll tolerate the height deficiencies, like the DT who went to the Eagles, as long as you harrass the QB.

I'm more of a Canes fan than USC fan, even as an alum. Rivers moved to Florida after being born in California. I was hoping the Canes would land him last year, but he was among many Floridians USC has snagged lately, like Mike Williams a few years ago.

Does anyone know when the Pro Football Weekly 2006 draft preview comes out?(Not the actual preview which comes out in like March but the prospect preview I think its called, I was flipping through the 2005 preview and it said it was coming out soon but I forgot the date. It is a preview obviously without the final season reviews but it still has measurables, strengths, and weeknesses.)

Hey Boom I'm looking ahead to 06 or more likely the 07 draft and wondering what you think of Brady Quinn from Notre Dame. I'm a Notre Dame homer but I think with Weiss coaching him now he can really develop into a nice player.

Hey Boom- just wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions this offseason. You really know your stuff! Enjoy your family and hopefully you will stick around through the real season and talk some Fins football with us.

Last question: Can you maybe give us your top three winners and losers on draft day? Im curious as to who your losers are, just because I am hearing a bunch of different teams put in this category.

Thanks again :)

Boomer,

I know it may be a bit too early, but if you had to take a wild guess, which 3 players would you say will be front runners for the #1 pick in 2006????

Lee2000 said:
Hello Boomer,

I posted what was left of the free agents just recently. Could you look at some of the names and tell me if you think we are looking at them?

There are more names out there and we are not finished at twelve. I found two more players today at Troy and BYU.

Thanks,

Lee2000

I think now Lee that we are done with signings. Nick has made 3 or 4shrewd signings who have a shot, a legitimate shot at the roster, with Harris the clear favourite. I will be very surprised if he doesn't make it.

WelcomeBack said:
That is terrible. I had high hopes for McArthur. He seemed like he could have done a lot of damage at the pro level.

I think it got to the stage where the injuries were too much and Geoff decided that life goes on a long time after football and he didn't want to be in pain all that time.

Awsi Dooger said:
Hey, this is my first visit to this thread. Very interesting with the brief Q & As.

I'm an 'SC alum who is familiar with Keith Rivers. He is a fast and nasty young package of TNT. That kid will hit! Part of our surreal recruiting class of 2004.

How many ILBs are fast and versatile enough to split out to DE and terrorize the passer? That's what Rivers did last year. He came up with a few sacks and big plays when we were in trouble at Stanford last year. This year he should start although we're plenty deep at LB.

At homecoming last year the USC SID told me that one of the reasons Van Brown, a Miami FA signee, decided to transfer was that some of the young freshmen were being tried at DE even if it wasn't their natural position. Pete Carroll loves to terrorize the QB on every play. You don't start in his front seven if you don't have an upfield burst. He'll tolerate the height deficiencies, like the DT who went to the Eagles, as long as you harrass the QB.

I'm more of a Canes fan than USC fan, even as an alum. Rivers moved to Florida after being born in California. I was hoping the Canes would land him last year, but he was among many Floridians USC has snagged lately, like Mike Williams a few years ago.

Glad you like it.......and I think you answered the question. ;)

Boomer said:
I think it got to the stage where the injuries were too much and Geoff decided that life goes on a long time after football and he didn't want to be in pain all that time.

Yeah, he made the right choice if he knew the injuries were continuous. New question Boomer. A lot of people are basing Brock Berlin's football playing ability on his wonderlic score. Now we all know that it shouldn't ALWAYS reflect that way by looking at Dan Marino, who scored a 14 on that test. What I was wondering is, does it look like he has a shot to be on the practice squad? Also, who are the players you think SHOULD make a spot on either our roster or practice squad?

BocaHighQB said:
Does anyone know when the Pro Football Weekly 2006 draft preview comes out?(Not the actual preview which comes out in like March but the prospect preview I think its called, I was flipping through the 2005 preview and it said it was coming out soon but I forgot the date. It is a preview obviously without the final season reviews but it still has measurables, strengths, and weeknesses.)

Sorry no idea mate.

Back
Top Bottom