Ask Brett Tessler | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

Brett Tessler said:
Dan,
The question is whether or not both tiers of the signing bonus are guaranteed. In some contracts the second tier is not guaranteed and the team can release a player without having to pay him the other half. I'm not sure what the case is here.
Thanks again Brett, as always you are their ! ;)

jzolnowski said:
I really must say that I am impressed by you Brett. When you first came here I thought you would post for a few days and then never be heard from again. Furthermore I didnt think you would answer real questions, I thought you would only pick questions like "who was your first client" instead you have given your opinion on a wide variety of questions. I and everyone else here should commend you on the way you remain down to earth even though you are somewhat of a star and dont really ever need to waste your time with us.

THANK YOU
Thanks for the kind words. It's my pleasure to be here.

Clumpy said:
Brett: What are your impressions of the Bills and your season outlook? :D

:couch:
You know you are so asking for it dont you ? :roflmao: Just kidding, I wont pick on your Bills on this one ! Just playing around friend ! :D

Clumpy said:
Brett: What are your impressions of the Bills and your season outlook? :D

:couch:
To be honest, the Bills were my preseason pick to win it all last year. I thought they looked really tough towards the end of 2002 and were going to make a serious run in 2003. Tom Donahoe is a top-notch G.M. and there's a lot of talent throughout that roster. With the parity in today's NFL it's almost impossible to predict who will win or lose from year to year. Look no further than last year's Dolphins who were picked by the odds-makers to win the Super Bowl and didn't even make it to the playoffs.

Here you go Brett, tough question('s) coming ! LOL Seriously, I have a couple questions.... (1) It is looking more and more like this Ogun thing very well may not get settled, in my eyes anyway, what is your take in the sense as to the odds because this thing has went on so long.50% , 60%, 70%, etc.. that Ogun does end up signing and being a Dolphin by seasons start. Now, for part (2) With those odds that you just gave, do you because you think he will/wont sign, do you go ahead and make a deal and pull the trigger on someone else that the Dolphins now need, like a Wide Receiver ? I am not asking for you to put yourself between a rock and hard place, but since you dont represent Ogun, I thought you could give us your perspective based on your trade knowledge if you were the Dolphins GM based on how things are looking. Man, I hope I explained that right and didnt confuse you my friend, LOL Thanks for any of your thoughts you can give, Dan

dolphindan1970 said:
Here you go Brett, tough question('s) coming ! LOL Seriously, I have a couple questions.... (1) It is looking more and more like this Ogun thing very well may not get settled, in my eyes anyway, what is your take in the sense as to the odds because this thing has went on so long.50% , 60%, 70%, etc.. that Ogun does end up signing and being a Dolphin by seasons start. Now, for part (2) With those odds that you just gave, do you because you think he will/wont sign, do you go ahead and make a deal and pull the trigger on someone else that the Dolphins now need, like a Wide Receiver ? I am not asking for you to put yourself between a rock and hard place, but since you dont represent Ogun, I thought you could give us your perspective based on your trade knowledge if you were the Dolphins GM based on how things are looking. Man, I hope I explained that right and didnt confuse you my friend, LOL Thanks for any of your thoughts you can give, Dan
Dan,
The way negotiations have gone to this point, it doesn't appear likely that a deal will get done anytime soon (I would say it's a 90% chance that he'll miss part of the regular season). That being said, in this business things can change from one minute to the next.

Some people think that because the Dolphins have had such an unlucky offseason that they should just give him what he wants and get him in here. I disagree. With all the other pieces that are now missing, I think it's the perfect time to trade his rights and get help at other positions or stock up on draft picks.

I am looking into being an agent and I will be graduating HS last year. What did you major in college? And did you go to law school? Do all agents have to go to law school?

VJ1252 said:
I am looking into being an agent and I will be graduating HS last year. What did you major in college? And did you go to law school? Do all agents have to go to law school?
Thanks for the questions. Read some of my earlier posts and you'll find the answers. -BT

Brett,

Got any great unsigned RBs, speed receviers, or special teams gurus? Maybe you can talk Scott into leaving the titans to come back to Miami? :)

Hi Brett,

You may have answered this one before, so just let me know if you have. What is the chance of Edge James signing as a Dolphin next year, and do you think that is why Miami's front office will have the RB by committee this year? Thanks.

Hi Brett,

This is great stuff. Keep it up.

Jay Fiedler is slotted to make 3,0000,000 Sage is slotted to make 628,000 & Feely is slotted to make 455,000. Miami gave up a 2nd for Feeley & we all think it's really his job to lose.

If AJ gets the job, will Miami keep a 3mil backup?

I don't think Jay got any offers this offseason, I wonder if he speculated that at least here he has a shot at the #1 spot & if he doesn't get it his salary will be reduced to what he would have gotten as a backup else where, but here, he'd be in a place & system he is comfortable with.

Or maybe even join the coaching staff & let trestman go to OC.

How do you see it?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom