asleep at the wheel????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

asleep at the wheel?????

since1970

Rookie
Reaction score
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: what is parcells looking/waiting for???? the jets get scott and wooing leonhard, the skins get haynesworth and dockery,the rams get brown, the broncos get dawkins. it seems like everyone we were looking at or praying for are being grabbed by other teams. seattle is talking to whose your mamma, coles has been talking to other teams. we have cap room and needs. what is going on????

Well, did you read or watch our Front Office when they've stated several times the plans are to build through the draft and only sign a few vets via free agency?

I believe the coach said something about making a team that will last years instead of signing players for 1 or two years and then the team dies again.

Don't worry about not signing high price players. Its a duck hunt as to whether they'll pan out.

?

So you think they just got REALLY lucky last year, huh? :chuckle:

Relax buddy.

The Front Office know what they are doing.

i do trust the front office,they are the football gurus but i was just wondering since we were interested but didn't seem to schedule any visits, that's all

build through the draft guys,build our team through the draft...we don't need to put ourselves in Cap hell by signing all these high priced FA...a few FA signings for depth or to help plug a hole or 2,and do the rest in the draft...personally,i'm all for building through the draft...

I feel the same way now the F$$$ jets got a good lito from the eagle for a pick this year and not a good one way didnt we do that??

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: what is parcells looking/waiting for???? the jets get scott and wooing leonhard, the skins get haynesworth and dockery,the rams get brown, the broncos get dawkins. it seems like everyone we were looking at or praying for are being grabbed by other teams. seattle is talking to whose your mamma, coles has been talking to other teams. we have cap room and needs. what is going on????
Unbelievable.....:bricks:

I hardly call resigning 3 out of 5 of our own and a FA safety to plug holes and set us up nicely for the draft being "asleep at the wheel". In the past 3 regimes we might have overspent for one of the "big name FA's" only to have it bite us in the ***. We'll see after the draft, then it's time to "count your chickens".

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of these players were never on the Dolphins radar (just on the fans radar) - Haynesworth, Dawkins, TJ, Dockery. Their asking prices were/are too high. We don't need Leonhard because Gibril/Bell are better. Brown is going to be the highest paid center in the league but has yet to show he is a pro-bowl caliber center (don't get me wrong he is very good but I don't believe he warrants what he is going to get).

Coles could still come here. Look at what the top teams in the league have done for the last few years. Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Giants aren't signing any major players and rarely do because they build through the draft. If we went out and signed several of these players we would be in a financial mess in a few years and have turn the team over again just like the Skins and Raiders do every other year. Parcells and Co. will build us a team that will be cap healthy and solid for years. Have faith in these guys.

who was everyone we are looking at? out of your list, the only one we were considering was Brown. We had no interest whatsoever in signing any other high priced FA aside from possibly Scott and Brown...

EDIT: Saw the redskins greatly over paid and signed Dockery!?!? :crazy: Didnt they let him go in the first place, now they sign him again to a multi year deal... Im so happy there are GM's like Cerratto and onwers like Daniel Snyder to overpay for crappy players and instantly make teams like Miami better because of the moves they make

Welcome to a typical Bill Parcells free agency period. Last year was the exception because the team had so many holes to fill.

Back
Top Bottom