asleep at the wheel????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

asleep at the wheel?????

Amazed that so many are glossing over our own re-signs... is it only a relevant signing if the player comes from another team?? Have you considered where Carey, Bell and Crowder would have have ranked in free agency had we let them go???

Couple that with the continuity maintained by keeping the team together... Continiuity with the coaches and chemistry with eachother... when you commit to DEVELOPING talent in-house it requires one single trait above all others. PATIENCE.

Unfortunately I don't see how the signing helps us and am pretty disappointed in it. Even for depth purposes, Berger completely sucks having been in the league for 5 years and only playing in a total of 7 games. Although I know Sparano knows the kid alot more than what I know
I don't know if he completely sucks but he was injured for most of his time here in Miami and spent the past two plus years backing up Pro Bowler Leonard Davis at LG in Dallas.

I do like the fact that he ran a 5.18 40 and did 30 bench reps during the 2005 NFL Scouting Combine. Now if he can only use that athleticism on the football field for us.

I don't know if he completely sucks but he was injured for most of his time here in Miami and spent the past two plus years backing up Pro Bowler Leonard Davis at LG in Dallas.

I do like the fact that he ran a 5.18 40 and did 30 bench reps during the 2005 NFL Scouting Combine. Now if he can only use that athleticism on the football field for us.

I wish I could share all your optimism, but mine is very limited. For a 5 year vet I dont think he has anywhere near the amount of experience even for a back-up, but like I said, Im no Sparano and he knows far better than I do. Hopefully I am wrong... The kid does have good size at 6-5 310... The same size as Long.

i do trust the front office,they are the football gurus but i was just wondering since we were interested but didn't seem to schedule any visits, that's all

YOu have to stop using the "we" in your posts. "We" is only you and a couple of dilusional fans out there. The FO never ever said they were interested in any of those players, they said that they were looking to see were they could improve the team, they never got specific. Look at the guys they have signed, none of them had been mentioned on this board until the day they were signed. That goes to show you how little "we" know of anything when it comes to the FO.
Get real, the FO is not going after the big name players, that, they have been very clear about. It's going to be done through the DRAFT!!

I wish I could share all your optimism, but mine is very limited. For a 5 year vet I dont think he has anywhere near the amount of experience even for a back-up, but like I said, Im no Sparano and he knows far better than I do. Hopefully I am wrong... The kid does have good size at 6-5 310... The same size as Long.
He's actually a 4-year vet (2005-2008) and he has more experience than any rookie we will draft or sign this year. He is also familiar with what Sparano wants out of his offensive linemen.

I am neither optimistic nor pessimistic about Berger, just relaying some facts that I found. Berger also played OT in college so he has the versatility that the coaches love.

alot of teams are keeping their cap numbers low because of the state of the economy.

YOu have to stop using the "we" in your posts. "We" is only you and a couple of dilusional fans out there. The FO never ever said they were interested in any of those players, they said that they were looking to see were they could improve the team, they never got specific. Look at the guys they have signed, none of them had been mentioned on this board until the day they were signed. That goes to show you how little "we" know of anything when it comes to the FO.
Get real, the FO is not going after the big name players, that, they have been very clear about. It's going to be done through the DRAFT!!
Don't forget the local media role in all of this. They kept mentioning how a source close to the Parcells said he wants this player or he wants that player.

If memory serves me, we got the same rash of "gloom & doom" post-FA complaints prior to last season that we're getting after one day. And we ALL know how that turned out. Also cause some dink on some site calling himself an evaluator rates Wilson as limited in his safety alignment, there's the expected Henny-Penny second-guessing. Do I really think that this so called "expert" knows more than the guy who drafted DeMarcus Ware and mined Julian Barber gold from among the worthless mid-round baubles as just 2 examples?

Please! The sky's not falling.

105t8op-1.jpg

i dont get the impatients here. The only Free Agents we might of been targeting is was Jason Brown and Bart Scott. We werent giving Scott that kind of money, plus he wanted to be with Rex Ryan. and Jason Brown got a lot of money. going to the rams it was clear he was all about the paper. we arent going to go out and outbid everyone just because it might be a need.

and once we resigned Crowder, Scott was out of the equation.

Let's look at some of the big names...

Albert Haynesworth would never have signed here. He wants to play in a 3-4, and a couple years ago he did kind of stomp on Andre Gurode's head; one of our HC's favorite players while he was in Dallas.

Jason Brown wanted way too much money

Bart Scott was an option till Crowder resigned.

There are still CBs out we can get.

I can also tell you that we wanted Colin Cole to be a backup NT, but he signed with Tampa cause he'll get to start.

spent the past two plus years backing up Pro Bowler Leonard Davis at LG in Dallas.

He was depth on one of the best O-lines in the NFL.

He was brought to Dallas by PARCELLS.

We know what we are getting and I'm sure BP & Co. are happy they stole another player out of the Dallas cookie jar.

No, I'm not saying Berger is gonna be a pro-bowler, but I'm pretty damn sure he will be an upgrade on our O-line.

and once we resigned Crowder, Scott was out of the equation.

Let's look at some of the big names...

Albert Haynesworth would never have signed here. He wants to play in a 3-4, and a couple years ago he did kind of stomp on Andre Gurode's head; one of our HC's favorite players while he was in Dallas.

Jason Brown wanted way too much money

Bart Scott was an option till Crowder resigned.

There are still CBs out we can get.

I can also tell you that we wanted Colin Cole to be a backup NT, but he signed with Tampa cause he'll get to start.
I think you mean Haynesworth wanted to play in a 4-3.

Bart Scott may have been an option but ,IMO, he still would have signed with the Jets because he wanted to be reunited with Rex Ryan and I doubt we would have offered him what the Jets did.

I think you mean Haynesworth wanted to play in a 4-3.

Bart Scott may have been an option but ,IMO, he still would have signed with the Jets because he wanted to be reunited with Rex Ryan and I doubt we would have offered him what the Jets did.

Its funny how bad he played them too. He got an extra 8 million out of them after prior agreements to their deal, thus putting them in a worse cap situation 3-5 years from now. :woot:

If memory serves me, we got the same rash of "gloom & doom" post-FA complaints prior to last season that we're getting after one day. And we ALL know how that turned out. Also cause some dink on some site calling himself an evaluator rates Wilson as limited in his safety alignment, there's the expected Henny-Penny second-guessing. Do I really think that this so called "expert" knows more than the guy who drafted DeMarcus Ware and mined Julian Barber gold from among the worthless mid-round baubles as just 2 examples?

Please! The sky's not falling.

105t8op-1.jpg

Thank you Vaark, I'm fairly new here and I'm sitting wondering why fellow Dolfans are questioning and doubting the guys that took us from 1 win to 11 with a patchwork quilt. Your sig is fitting.

i do trust the front office,they are the football gurus but i was just wondering since we were interested but didn't seem to schedule any visits, that's all

Sure as hell doesn't sound like it..., why do you think they want to be in cap hell for a team that over-achieved..., we aren't contenders yet..., one player won't make us SB contenders at this point too many holes to fill you do that with a few good drafts like last years and by signing FAs with lots of tread on the tire who are motivated by winning and not only $$$$$$$$$$$$

Back
Top Bottom