asleep at the wheel????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

asleep at the wheel?????

i do trust the front office,they are the football gurus but i was just wondering since we were interested but didn't seem to schedule any visits, that's all
is safe to say no visits were schedule for any of the FA's that have signed with other teams because the front office knew what kind of money they had to commit to get any of those guys signed. it's conservative but smart.:hump:

I feel the same way now the F$$$ jets got a good lito from the eagle for a pick this year and not a good one way didnt we do that??

you know a contract goes along with that player. i doubt his contract is a cheap one.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: what is parcells looking/waiting for???? the jets get scott and wooing leonhard, the skins get haynesworth and dockery,the rams get brown, the broncos get dawkins. it seems like everyone we were looking at or praying for are being grabbed by other teams. seattle is talking to whose your mamma, coles has been talking to other teams. we have cap room and needs. what is going on????

You also have to figure on a 2nd round of player cuts. The season is a long way off and this is ONLY the 2nd of free agency. Spend your money wisely.

Why buy other teams talent and loose our own.. we resigned solid players and contributors plus added a play making safety... I think were off on the right foot... Why overpay for greedy players.. we might not get the sexy names but I am positive the FO will get the right guys...

you know a contract goes along with that player. i doubt his contract is a cheap one.
Lito's contract is not that expensive as he is due $3 million is 2009, $3.7 million in 2010 and $4.25 million in 2011. If he returns to his pro bowl form, he would actually be a bargain. The question for me is can he stay healthy.

It just amazes me that team like the redskins every year overprice free agents who turn out to not be all that great(Hayensworth is a freak though) and at the end of the year they are in the middle of the pack. This is not the nba. It's not all about superstars. To have a more balanced team is the way to go in the nfl. There are 11 players on the field, and one player's mistake can cost 10 other players. Look at the past 10 super bowl champions.

What did all the good teams around the league do?

Steelers? Giants? Titans? Sorry to say it but the Pats?

We made no improvements on the OL, and that scares the life out of me looking at next years schedule....

I don't think BP / JI were very interested in spending the money needed to add C J. Brown, or any of the other C's out there, so they just decided to resign as many of our own players as possible. As a result, we stayed basically the same everywhere except with the addition of Wilson...

I'm not totally bummed out anmore after having a full day to vent, but I'm still alittle disappointed that we weren't able to upgrade on the OL anywhere....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

I dont think we are going to be a good team next year and the jets, and pats just got a whole lot better while we got average players resigned. I am not overly impressed with the front office.
on the other hand i understand that we need to use the draft but our drafts have not gotten any better since the Wanny days.
I am trying to not be a downer but in reality we need to make a splash at at least one position . we wont be accumulating draft picks like the pats do so some of you guys need to understand that we need to bring in some f/a players for starters not just depth.
a 4 -12 season is in our near future and this draft doesnt look godd at all so where the hell is our playmakers going to come from ?

I dont think we are going to be a good team next year and the jets, and pats just got a whole lot better while we got average players resigned. I am not overly impressed with the front office.
on the other hand i understand that we need to use the draft but our drafts have not gotten any better since the Wanny days.
I am trying to not be a downer but in reality we need to make a splash at at least one position . we wont be accumulating draft picks like the pats do so some of you guys need to understand that we need to bring in some f/a players for starters not just depth.
a 4 -12 season is in our near future and this draft doesnt look godd at all so where the hell is our playmakers going to come from ?
i hate when people say that this team will be terrible next year . cause if that's so , the front office don't know what their doing . i mean you don't go 11-5 one year and go 4-12 the next (unless there's a lot of injuries) and expect to build a championship team.the dallas cowboys went from 1-15 to a world championship in 3 years ,but they got better every year ,they never regressed.i don't know what the future hold, but i'm sure the FO thinks that this team can at least battle for a playoff spot (with a good draft) or they would have went after different players.i don't believe they think this team will fall apart next year or they would be doing things different.they know owners are not as patient, as in the old days,they expect immediate results or their jobs(front office) can be on the line too.remember,there's not too much difference in talent between the top team and the 20th team ,the biggest difference is the coaching and the QB position.with miami, i'm pretty confident in the coaching,it's the QB position that worries me.

Well, did you read or watch our Front Office when they've stated several times the plans are to build through the draft and only sign a few vets via free agency?

I believe the coach said something about making a team that will last years instead of signing players for 1 or two years and then the team dies again.

Don't worry about not signing high price players. Its a duck hunt as to whether they'll pan out.

And drafting players isnt a "duck hunt" ?????:confused:

why are people whining and complaining...I think that other than the Chiefs, we've had a really great start to FA so far.....we retained 3 of our starters and significant contributors in Crowder, Bell, and Carey...plus we added a stud safety in Gibril Wilson!!! I personally am excited about our offseason start...a GOOD offseason starts with not losing your good players. We will continue to build through the draft like the Steelers have done and look at their success. The only other addition I'd like to see us make at the right price is Lavernues Coles

It just amazes me that team like the redskins every year overprice free agents who turn out to not be all that great(Hayensworth is a freak though) and at the end of the year they are in the middle of the pack. This is not the nba. It's not all about superstars. To have a more balanced team is the way to go in the nfl. There are 11 players on the field, and one player's mistake can cost 10 other players. Look at the past 10 super bowl champions.

I agree.

Youre only as strong as your weakest link. The Redskins always go out and sign a couple of big name players, but they have no depth.

One injury and the season is shot.

Teams like the patriots were successful because they had alot of depth. When the pats lost a guy, BB didnt even break a sweat, he just plugged in the next guy.

We could build a chain with 5 of the strongest links on the planet, but the other 6 will be rusted out and brittle.

I'd rather go out and get 11 solid links first, then start upgrading, rather than spending a ton of money in one spot and leaving the rest falling apart.

Can you believe the Pats let Cassell go? Maybe we should have gone after him too. :rolleyes2: They're going to be in deep crap if Brady isn't back to himself.

Back
Top Bottom