Asomugha vs. Ginn The Showdown!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asomugha vs. Ginn The Showdown!!!!

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
Man this should be a good match between these two guys. Asomugha is considered a lock down corner and rarely has passes thrown his way and the last 4 games Ginn has come out of his shell catching 18 balls for 328 yards which is an 18.2 average and about 82 yards a game and the touchdown last week.

I really want to see if the Dolphins are willing to throw at Ginn or if they move him so he doesn't have to face Asomugha.

Prediction...I HAVE NO IDEA i just think its gonna be a good match-up. I hope Henning tries throwing down field at least 3-4 times next week.

What do you guys think?

I know he is good but i think you can get creative have Ginn run slants comebacks get him moving around i dont think he will "OWN" Ginn will he have a 7 for 175 NO but i think he will get his fill.

Man this should be a good match between these two guys. Asomugha is considered a lock down corner and rarely has passes thrown his way and the last 4 games Ginn has come out of his shell catching 18 balls for 328 yards which is an 18.2 average and about 82 yards a game and the touchdown last week.

I really want to see if the Dolphins are willing to throw at Ginn or if they move him so he doesn't have to face Asomugha.

Prediction...I HAVE NO IDEA i just think its gonna be a good match-up. I hope Henning tries throwing down field at least 3-4 times next week.

What do you guys think?
Since the NE game, Ginn has lined up on both side of the offense and has not shyed away from any of the top CBs in the NFL including Pro Bowlers Antonio Cromartie and Marcus Trufaunt. Asomugha will be just another test for the youngster.

they won't shy away from him but henning is a guy who takes what he's given. I see a bigger game from camarillo on the other side. Now that hall's gone whos their other starting corner?

I think that our gameplan will be the same as with the Chargers and Cromartie. In every passing play(this you can only observe it if you're at the game), Ginn ran straight downfield, which though eliminated Ginn from the play, it also eliminated their best CB in a time when Ginn wasn't considered our best WR. This allowed a lot more room for C.P. to throw to, and he capitalized, throwing it all over the place. Im looking for us to do the same this week. Pay attention

asomugha is the best cover corner in the game. this is rediculous.

if ginn wants to make plays it's gonna have to be on the other corners. look at asomughas stats given up this year against elite wrs. he's shut them all down. i doubt penny even looks his way.

we should throw his way, shutdown corner yes, but we can't limit ourselves or they can get an edge........their defense has bright spots on it and can do things and we can't take away ginns side just because Aso......I say we take shots, not force anything but every once in a while throw it over there...

I think that our gameplan will be the same as with the Chargers and Cromartie. In every passing play(this you can only observe it if you're at the game), Ginn ran straight downfield, which though eliminated Ginn from the play, it also eliminated their best CB in a time when Ginn wasn't considered our best WR. This allowed a lot more room for C.P. to throw to, and he capitalized, throwing it all over the place. Im looking for us to do the same this week. Pay attention

i see a lot of vertical decoy from ginn as well when asomugha checks him. good take

Since the NE game, Ginn has lined up on both side of the offense and has not shyed away from any of the top CBs in the NFL including Pro Bowlers Antonio Cromartie and Marcus Trufaunt. Asomugha will be just another test for the youngster.

Well against those other "elite" corners you mentioned he went for 11 catches for 122 yards 11.1 average and a TD. So he has passes the test so far IMO. I hope he continues the trend of getting better against top level corners. I think he will be up big time for this game and will perform well.

with the way asomugha can cover and penny not having the strongest arm by any means you're asking for pick 6 type trouble if you go to that side very often. in all seriousness.

let camarillo exploit the coverage on the other side.

they won't shy away from him but henning is a guy who takes what he's given. I see a bigger game from camarillo on the other side. Now that hall's gone whos their other starting corner?
Chris Johnson started last game and they basically shut down the Panthers passing game.

Back
Top Bottom