Asomugha vs. Ginn The Showdown!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asomugha vs. Ginn The Showdown!!!!

Asomugha has been the best corner in the game for a few years now. He is the least targeted starting corner in the league. He was targeted so little last year that he did not qualify for Football Outsiders cornerback numbers and they had to ingore his target number.

Last week, Steve Smith caught 1 of 7 passes for 9 yards. And that catch was not even on Asomugha. First time Delhomme tried to throw to Steve Smith, the result was an INT. Dude is the definition of lockdown. He's the truth. Its gonna be a LONG day for whoever gets matched up with Asomugha. Hes a modern day Primetime.
I know. That completely screwed me over in fantasy. Steve Smith got me zero when he was averaging 20+. To be fair though, Delhomme was just playing terrible on Sunday and the Panthers still won.

Kinda the same here, except I'm starting to like Ginn a lot. He is 100x better than he was last year and should continue to get better. I just don't see him doing anything this game because of Asomugha. He made Steve Smith look pathetic the whole game on Sunday. He was pretty much made every receiver look pathetic for the past two years. I don't see that changing this week. We may move Ginn around to get a favorable matchup on another corner. Thats probably the only way he produces much. We just need to exploit the Raiders other corners. Take whats there and don't try to make something happen when it just isn't there.

One of the reasons why Smith did not have a great game was due to the fact that Jake was getting pressured a lot during plays and also because Morrison had a good eye on him underneath. I would not give all the credit to Asomugha since he is not their only playmaker. I expect us to have a tough game against the Raiders and not an easy blow out as some in here are pretending we are going to do.

If Ginn can get just a step infront of Asomugha and Chad gets the ball right infront of Ginn like last weeks flea-flicker I think Ginn have atleast one big play on him.

He's really startin to prove himself as a WR and not just a return man these last few games.
You can see his confidence rising. After the TD catch you could see how hyped he was yellin at the crowd. And later when he made a first down catch he pointed to the endzone hammerin the arm down showin the move for first down. He's really changed my opinion about him. I hope he keeps this up

Btw I decided to put Ricky and Tedd on my Fantasy team, both gave me 18 pts. =)
Go Dolphins!

Im expecting a big day from Fasano, Martin and alot of Screen Passes to Ricky, Ronnie and Cobbs. Camarillo will also be targeted and dont be surprise if you see some of Brandon London.

ginn wont be looking for stats this week, he wants to win... if he does, he needs to keep nnamdi in check the whole game...
what if we put bess out to occupy nnamdi, leave camarillo and ginn to exploit weaknesses.

Not only will he occupy Asomugha he will probably occupy Huff or whoever is playing safety as well.

ginn wont be looking for stats this week, he wants to win... if he does, he needs to keep nnamdi in check the whole game...
what if we put bess out to occupy nnamdi, leave camarillo and ginn to exploit weaknesses.

Unfortunately the defense dictates who covers who, not the offense......

Well if Asomugha is on Ginn then they are probably thinking that they could move the safety over top of Cam or bring him in the box to stop the run. All it takes is Asomugha slipping one time and Ginn will be gone.

Ya this makes sense, let's go right after their strength. Pure genius, not only should we test Asomugha let's abuse him. Ginn had one great game so that means he's a world beater now, pure genius.

Let's not attack their weaker CB with Cam and Bess that's just stupid. I'm sure their game planning is to not run AP, they probably want Russell to drop back and throw 60 times!!!!!

I actually was dumb enough to think no one could post this junk but surprise, surprise let's go after the best CB in football with a kid struggling to become a WR in this league.

I dont think Pennington is stupid enough to throw the way of Asomugha he is easly the best Corner in the NFL

Ya this makes sense, let's go right after their strength. Pure genius, not only should we test Asomugha let's abuse him. Ginn had one great game so that means he's a world beater now, pure genius.

Let's not attack their weaker CB with Cam and Bess that's just stupid. I'm sure their game planning is to not run AP, they probably want Russell to drop back and throw 60 times!!!!!

I actually was dumb enough to think no one could post this junk but surprise, surprise let's go after the best CB in football with a kid struggling to become a WR in this league.

I agree about not picking on him, but if they are planning on leaving him 1-on-1 with Ginn, you absolutely HAVE to take a shot. Hell, if Asomugha gives Ginn the cushion that other corners have, then not even he will be able to defend any 5 yard curls or slants. If Asomugha plays him tight, then send Ginn deep and toss it up once or twice, force them to pull that safety back. You don't pick on a corner of Asomugha's calibur, but you certainly don't ignore that side of the field completely. Thats playing right into Oakland's hands......

Back
Top Bottom