Asomugha | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asomugha

Also, Revis & Asomugha mean 8 in the box all game long. Especially against a weak passing team like the Dolphins. Against a team like the Patriots, it means more guys are available to cover the TEs and RBs.

2 shutdown corners? Sounds like you need to work the slot, TEs, and backs in the flats. Or you can run it at them. Does no one remember when we had Madison and Surtain back there taking away the other team's top 2 WRs? What did the offense do to us? They attacked our slot CB, which is why Wanny drafted Jamar Fletcher. Seriously, I don't think I've seen grown men ever freak out like this before. I feel like I'm hanging out with a bunch of girl scouts...

2 shutdown corners? Sounds like you need to work the slot, TEs, and backs in the flats. Or you can run it at them. Does no one remember when we had Madison and Surtain back there taking away the other team's top 2 WRs? What did the offense do to us? They attacked our slot CB, which is why Wanny drafted Jamar Fletcher. Seriously, I don't think I've seen grown men ever freak out like this before. I feel like I'm hanging out with a bunch of girl scouts...

Revis and Asomugha are on a completely different level than Madison and Surtain were. The comparison is not valid. Also, that Dolphins team was not coached by Rex Ryan.

Madison and Surtain weren't half as good as Revis and Namdi. If the Jets get him, it's lights out honestly. We couldn't do ANYTHING passing the football against them last year (in the Meadowlands) as it is.

Rex proving again he isn't a Head Coach, he is still a defensive coordinator and has that mind-set. The teams problems are pass rush and offense. NOT CB!!

Adding another CB at the expense of the other problems you have won't make you better. IT will make you worse actually.

Rex proving again he isn't a Head Coach, he is still a defensive coordinator and has that mind-set. The teams problems are pass rush and offense. NOT CB!!

Adding another CB at the expense of the other problems you have won't make you better. IT will make you worse actually.

They'll get plenty of QB pressure forcing mistakes when QB's have nobody open to throw to. And when you have two shut down corners like that, it allows you to cheat extra men and bring extra people on the blitz. The key to Rex's defense is having great corner play as it allows him to do so much pre-snap movements and overloads with the other 9 guys on defense. It will be a total nightmare for opposing offenses.

In a passing league, having the best CB tandem in NFL history is massive. That's what you need against the Brady's, Rivers, and the Manning's in the AFC. The Jets were one step away from the super bowl two years in a row "without" the best CB tandem in history.

It looks like now the Texans are in the lead for Aso. Anywhere but the Jets please!!!!!!!

Revis and Asomugha are on a completely different level than Madison and Surtain were. The comparison is not valid. Also, that Dolphins team was not coached by Rex Ryan.

Out of that whole post, what you pull out is a comparison between Madison/Surtain and Revis/Asomugh? Seriously...?

THis guy should be our #1 priority NOT a QB NOT more receivers we dont need NOT a running back! wake up people!!!!! IF THE JETS GET HIM ITS ALL OVER!!!! do any of you realize he has had LESS passes completed and thrown his way THAN Revis the last few years???????? yes, that is the SAME revis i saw have the BEST year EVER for a corner 2 years ago....

THis is a PASS PASS and MORE PASS league....you cant have enough solid corners and pass rushers--the game has changed too much the past ten years....

Rookies....

THis guy should be our #1 priority NOT a QB NOT more receivers we dont need NOT a running back! wake up people!!!!! IF THE JETS GET HIM ITS ALL OVER!!!! do any of you realize he has had LESS passes completed and thrown his way THAN Revis the last few years???????? yes, that is the SAME revis i saw have the BEST year EVER for a corner 2 years ago....

THis is a PASS PASS and MORE PASS league....you cant have enough solid corners and pass rushers--the game has changed too much the past ten years....

Thank you, I got bashed yesterday for this sentiment.

Look im not agreeing that we should necessarily blow our money on him, he would be a great addition but the position is not a priority for us,

all i am agreeing with is that we stand absolutely no chance in this division if Namdi goes to the Jets
we've beaten the jets more in the last 3 years than we did for an entire decade. we can compete with them even if they bring in the new sanchez boy toy.

so you're saying you wouldn't attack the middle of the field? you're saying you don't think reggie bush could be dangerous lined up on a linebacker coming out of the backfield? thankfully, we don't have you as a head coach. "oh well um.. they got two great corners, lets just admit defeat and not bother playing the game..."

Back
Top Bottom