Assistant Coach Hire | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assistant Coach Hire

They were okay first 2 years. Last year fell off a cliff. Though a lot of that was the punting not being good.
Well Crossman was the assistant HC so maybe McDaniel see's other attributes that Crossman can help with.

This crap again? If he’s so bad then how did he produce?
really, Tua only threw to him and Waddle. Of course you’ll have a lot of catches when targeted. But he was shut down a ton and Tua for the most part was accurate throwing to Gesicke because he was blanketed. Yes, made some acrobatic catches but bottom line he can’t block and he can’t run and limits his yacs. We can replace him with a well rounded TE and another WR

really, Tua only threw to him and Waddle. Of course you’ll have a lot of catches when targeted. But he was shut down a ton and Tua for the most part was accurate throwing to Gesicke because he was blanketed. Yes, made some acrobatic catches but bottom line he can’t block and he can’t run and limits his yacs. We can replace him with a well rounded TE and another WR
What does a well rounded TE + above average WR cost in your opinion?

They must have changed the rules then. I remember when teams could block coaches from other jobs unless it was for a head coaching job. In fact I remember the Dolphins being blocked from hiring Dean Pees even though it would have been a promotion. It's when Nick Saban was the coach here and Pees was the linebackers coach with the Patriots.
In May 2020, the NFL implemented a policy which prevents teams from refusing to allow assistant coaches to interview for coordinator positions with other NFL teams.

In May 2020, the NFL implemented a policy which prevents teams from refusing to allow assistant coaches to interview for coordinator positions with other NFL teams.
But a team can refuse if it's not considered a promotion then. I know Flo let Patrick Graham go to the Giants after one season but he didn't have to do that because he was already the DC here.

What does a well rounded TE + above average WR cost in your opinion?
I don’t know and I don’t care
All I know is that we need to draft one, we may already have one in Long
But I know I would match and pay or even pay more than what Gesicke will be asking if we were to bring one in via FA
A TE is worth more than what he’d be asking

Yeah, I don't get the love with the guy and the $ we are going to have to pay him? Rather spend it elsewhere. The sad thing is we may pay him just because we have nothing else on offense besides Waddle and a part time Parker. If they shop Parker we would really will be thin.
I don’t care if we have to replace multiple bodies, it may take two years but I want Gesicke and DVP gone
It needs to be revamped
But ultimately I will respect what McDaniel wants to do, maybe he can do something that we don’t see

But a team can refuse if it's not considered a promotion then. I know Flo let Patrick Graham go to the Giants after one season but he didn't have to do that because he was already the DC here.
You are correct that teams don’t have to give permission to a coach to interview for a lateral position. Yet I’m not sure why you would want to retain a coach who was interested in going to another team for the position he has with your team.

You are correct that teams don’t have to give permission to a coach to interview for a lateral position. Yet I’m not sure why you would want to retain a coach who was interested in going to another team for the position he has with your team.
Because he is under contract with that current team.

Back
Top Bottom