Assistant Coach Hire | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assistant Coach Hire

Remember Kyle Shanahan made him Assistant Head Coach, I don't think he did that for no reason whatsoever. This is a great first hire for McDaniel.
Hate to play Devil's Advocate here but San Fran asked him to take a 60% pay cut...makes one wonder.

Hate to play Devil's Advocate here but San Fran asked him to take a 60% pay cut...makes one wonder.
They done so cause he head the Assistant Head Coach title and they wanted to remove that title from him so they can bring in Anthony Lynn and give the title to him.

You are correct that teams don’t have to give permission to a coach to interview for a lateral position. Yet I’m not sure why you would want to retain a coach who was interested in going to another team for the position he has with your team.
Not only that, but there is no upside for an organization to get the reputation of holding ppl back in their careers.

I think that's why teams rarely deny permission. After all, everyone in power were once on the other side of the fence.

Good first hire. Coached a lot of great TEs, and guys that had the best year of their careers under his tutelage.

Just to rattle off some names. Gonzalez, Kittle, Jordan Cameron had the best year of his career, same with Cameron Brate.
damn, Seems like Mcdaniel is putting together a better staff in a few days than Flores has done the past 3 years. Obviously the ol coach will be huge, but I think mcdaniel will also get a good guy for that also, seeing how he's been doing lately

I'd expect us to take a look at someone from LAC very soon.

I’m OK with what Coach is doing so far. I would imagine he would’ve been able to get another DC if that’s what he really wanted so I don’t think he’s settling for Boyer.

Can’t help but think he could be in the same league his three buddies and we’ll have our coach for the next seven or 10 years. One can only hope. Nothing would make me happier than to have a stud, up-and-coming young head coach.

Rumor is that Boyer was more responsible for the defense we saw in the first half of the season than the second half when Flores got more involved. Don't know if that's accurate but it's the scuttlebutt out there.
Not sure what was going on and who was calling what. Many reported Flores wasn't calling plays and many have reported Flores didn't talk to his staff after Thanksgiving. Who knows...

Not sure what was going on and who was calling what. Many reported Flores wasn't calling plays and many have reported Flores didn't talk to his staff after Thanksgiving. Who knows...

One of those are lies. We know that based on Flo having the play sheet and being more involved in defense the second half. Whether he was calling plays or communicating with the defensive coaches we don’t know.

But we know he wasn’t both not calling plays and not talking to coaches.

I’m OK with what Coach is doing so far. I would imagine he would’ve been able to get another DC if that’s what he really wanted so I don’t think he’s settling for Boyer.

Can’t help but think he could be in the same league his three buddies and we’ll have our coach for the next seven or 10 years. One can only hope. Nothing would make me happier than to have a stud, up-and-coming young head coach.

Our guys know the system, and we have a few that can play. Boyer has the advantage. He has a year to show he is the guy and can get it done. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom