Assuming Ireland and Philibin are Done, Whose Next Up? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Ireland and Philibin are Done, Whose Next Up?

My post is directed at the many who seem to think they're as good as gone...they're just as bad as the analysts who've commented on this story like they know everything that happened despite having small pieces of evidence.

We all know what happens when u assume

This incident is the last reason Ireland should be fired. The fact that he's an awful GM should be reason enough. I could give 2 ****s whether Philbin stays or goes personally, but I know there's plenty of better coaches out there. Unfortunately they won't be coming here.

playoff run really???...for the record I would love to see this happen but it's not Christmas time yet. We came up against a play-off calibre team in the Saints & got rightly destroyed, because that's the way football should be played in this day and age. Can you honestly say you see Philbin & co getting us playing like that? We have the talent in T-hill, Wallace, Miller, Hartline, Gibson & Clay but trying to use them like the Saints coaching staff would is a whole other ballgame.

With Mike Sherman as our OC, I'd have to agree. He was a lateral move from Dan Henning, and I don't think he can outplay any high-ranked NFL defense, let alone, make enough halftime adjustments to secure wins. Sherman's idea of a halftime adjustment is "Let's add in one play that they're not ready for from my bag of wacky plays, and then we'll continue what we did in the first half until we have to try something desperate again. Oh wait. 3 and out."

I wouldn't start thinking about new HC's until Ireland is gone. As I had said in another thread -- I cant see ANY HC wanting to work with Ireland after this mess.

I wish Harbough was willing to leave the Bay Area and that we fired Morono...He would have been a fantastic hire.

Jon Gruden would bring in Ron Zook as his defensive coordinator, both of them are close friends.

Just a list of names. I may be forgetting some.
Blue Collar = Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Brian Billick (Billick is out as he and Ross do not like each other)
Offensive Minds = Pete Carmichael, Jay Gruden, Jon Gruden, Scott Linehan, Greg Roman, Norv Turner, Marty Morningweg! Brian Gilbride, Dennis Green
Defensive Minds = Lovie Smith, Mike Zimmer, Rob Ryan, Todd Bowles, John Pagano, Ray Horton, Dean Pees

HIGHLY doubt you'd get Cowher out of retirement now. No on Billick and I think Marty is done with the NFL

Only guys on your offensive list I'd look at are Carmichael the Grudens and Roman. Kevin Gilbride is close to retirement and the others have proven to be just meh as head coaches.

Some good defensive guys there, but probably wouldn't go with Dan Pees. Not thrilled with the idea of the Tampa 2 but I think we got personnel for Lovie's D.

I'll throw out a few more names...

Darrell Bevell OC, Seattle
Jedd Fisch OC, Jacksonville (not good results yet, but I think he's a good coach)
Kyle Shanahan OC, Washington
Dave Toub ST Coach, Chicago
Mel Tucker DC, Chicago

I'll play along. 4 names come to mind...

Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, Aaron Cromer who was in NOLA and is now da Bears OC, Jay (Not Jon) Gruden, Mike Zimmer.

I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves; when this is all said and done I believe the evidence will show Martin had a mental problem, his mother overreacted and philbin/ Ireland did nothing wrong. I also think we're about to make a playoff run.

So save your wet dreams about new coaches and gms till after the season

thats cool and all, but I fully believe if we go 9-7 and don't go to the playoffs we will clean up...

HIGHLY doubt you'd get Cowher out of retirement now. No on Billick and I think Marty is done with the NFL

Only guys on your offensive list I'd look at are Carmichael the Grudens and Roman. Kevin Gilbride is close to retirement and the others have proven to be just meh as head coaches.

Some good defensive guys there, but probably wouldn't go with Dan Pees. Not thrilled with the idea of the Tampa 2 but I think we got personnel for Lovie's D.

I'll throw out a few more names...

Darrell Bevell OC, Seattle
Jedd Fisch OC, Jacksonville (not good results yet, but I think he's a good coach)
Kyle Shanahan OC, Washington
Dave Toub ST Coach, Chicago
Mel Tucker DC, Chicago

I don't want any Shanahan, period, it would make sense for Bevell, to continue a WCO themed development of Tannehill,

but Billick wants back in...BAD, last offseason he was comparing himself to all the coaches getting jobs...I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already called us

GM- The Polians
HC- Jay Gruden
OC- Ken Zampese
Assistant HC/QB Coach- Alex Van Pelt (QB coach is not a promotion from RB coach so we would have to make him Assistant HC)
DC- Keep Coyle and all his assistants

(Edit) Mmmmhhh... DeCosta and Smith would make this better. For those who added Jon... no Jon please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian billick anyone? I wouldn't mind him. but I think philbin stays. I would just love seeing the espn heads if we make the playoffs this year. shove that leadership in their face

Billick would at the very least mean reshaping our offense back to smash mouth, pls no, let's just stay in one scheme long enough to get all the pieces together...

Brian billick anyone? I wouldn't mind him. but I think philbin stays. I would just love seeing the espn heads if we make the playoffs this year. shove that leadership in their face

if we make the playoffs everyone stays...it would show that Philbin indeed can lead our men...no matter how warped our locker room might be. 6 more wins would do it, we make the playoffs Philbin stays

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

On this Note can someone do quick research to see who is from the West Coast Tree?

I do not want any part of Jon Gruden...NONE.

Back
Top Bottom