Assuming Ireland and Philibin are Done, Whose Next Up? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Ireland and Philibin are Done, Whose Next Up?

What's next is three more years of rebuilding and drafting. Losing the coaching staff will set us back another three years. Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set us back from what? Mediocrity?

Ireland and Philbin aren't going anywhere for now. I think the fans and the media already killed the part of Ross that gave a damn for what perception they might have. Only thing that will force Ireland and Philbin out are losses, this media storm isn't going to cut it.

So all the people crying that because one "bullied" player got his feeling hurt (coincidentally when the coaching staff and fans lost all confidence in him and he was a couple mistakes away from being benched completely), if you want those two gone, you better hope the team loses as that is only way I see it happening.

For those saying Eric DeCosta as GM, his new contract in Baltimore all but guarantees that he'll be Ozzie Newsome's replacement when he retires.

I made a list a little bit ago of potential GMs and here's the link

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?346145-Potential-GM-Candidates&p=1064842314#post1064842314

As I said then, if/when Ireland gets canned my ideal would be to do whatever we had to do to get Omar Kahn or Marc Ross, but their positions in their respective organizations might make both tricky.

If Philbin is gone? Just let the new GM do his job. Whether it's a big name or an obscure one at coach you just have to trust the new guy to make the right move.

What's next is three more years of rebuilding and drafting. Losing the coaching staff will set us back another three years. Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I look at it in a different way. If Philibin is the wrong guy, then moving on could put the team on the right track. Then again, we really don't know if Philibin is the wrong choice. But I just don't see him surviving this fiasco.

I don't even want to sit through another year of re building. If we can pull off what the Chiefs did and just instantly be better, I am fine, but I know how we work. Stop wasting time on guys with no head coach experience, because it obviously doesn't work well. Also, find a guy who can actually think of some creative offense because watching our games over the last few years is like watching paint dry.

We have lost our LG and RT on an already porous oline. We picked up a practice squad player from Dallas and McKinnie who is not the same player. In a few games his knees will be sore.
I can be as optimistic as anyone, but I think we will have a hard time sweeping the Jets and beating the Bills and Patriots in the situation we are in. Those are 4 of the final 8 games.
I am not buying it right now.

I appreciate your opine. It says something. Not just a blank statement. soemthing I never even considered about with Mckinneys knees. Yeatman at 270 lbs. yikes!

Just a list of names. I may be forgetting some.
Blue Collar = Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Brian Billick (Billick is out as he and Ross do not like each other)
Offensive Minds = Pete Carmichael, Jay Gruden, Jon Gruden, Scott Linehan, Greg Roman, Norv Turner, Marty Morningweg! Brian Gilbride, Dennis Green
Defensive Minds = Lovie Smith, Mike Zimmer, Rob Ryan, Todd Bowles, John Pagano, Ray Horton, Dean Pees

Blue Collar = Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Brian Billick (Billick is out as he and Ross do not like each other)
Offensive Minds = Pete Carmichael, Jay Gruden, Jon Gruden, Scott Linehan, Greg Roman, Norv Turner, Marty Morningweg! Brian Gilbride, Dennis Green
Defensive Minds = Lovie Smith, Mike Zimmer, Rob Ryan, Todd Bowles, John Pagano, Ray Horton, Dean Pees

Out of that whole list the Gruden bros, or Greg Roman would be my choice. Not a big fan of Cowher but if he did get hired I wouldn't be upset.

I would take Norv Turner and John Gruden but he aint leavin BSPN.

But I am sorry, alot of these guys are so retreaded. It just makes me want to keep Philbin quite honestly.

People always go for the hot coordinator and it never quite works out. Some guys just meant to be HC. I still think Philbin is doing a good job minus a quitter and pig.

Marty Schottenheimer is a name I forget about. But Marty tends to plateau with a team. Once he gets them to a certain point, he can't find that extra gear, killer instinct to carry over into the playoffs.

As I find this hard to overlook, it also might be the motivation and drive that could fuel him to return and pursue the elusive Superbowl win.

Interesting fact, Marty has the most wins of any coach in the Superbowl era to not win the Superbowl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Schottenheimer

He is a player's coach and does bring immediate credibility. He is also a man that can be the face of a franchise. As his presence is not dwarfed by the team he coaches.

I would be glad to have such a respected man here.

Marty Schottenheimer is a name I forget about. But Marty tends to plateau with a team. Once he gets them to a certain point, he can't find that extra gear, killer instinct to carry over into the playoffs.

As I find this hard to overlook, it also might be the motivation and drive that could fuel him to return and pursue the elusive Superbowl win.

Interesting fact, Marty has the most wins of any coach in the Superbowl era to not win the Superbowl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Schottenheimer

He is a player's coach and does bring immediate credibility. He is also a man that can be the face of a franchise. As his presence is not dwarfed by the team he coaches.

I would be glad to have such a respected man here.

Marty's playoff record in the NFL is atrocious, however, the guy knows how to put together a team and a dominating defense. As a regular season coach he's phenomenal IMO. He did also win the UFL championship a couple of years ago I think which was his first ever championship. I'd be onboard with Marty if he were hired. I'd also be onboard with Tom Coughlin if he gets fired in New York.

Lovie Smith, Kevin Sumlin, Greg Roman, David Shaw, Dave Toub.. All these guys are interesting.

Back
Top Bottom